Welcome, Guest

Likutim ViHa'aros Melukat Misfarim uMekomos Shonos, Vchidushai hamechaber
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Likutim ViHa'aros Melukat Misfarim uMekomos Shonos, Vchidushai hamechaber 3483 Views

Re: Likutim ViHa'aros Melukat Misfarim uMekomos Shonos, Vchidushai hamechaber 05 Mar 2010 07:02 #56486

• shemirateinayim
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Has anyone ever heard of a game called pool? not the card game.  to yeshivish eh??

I was in the middle of a wonderfull game, losing (to myself), but still better than average. But when I went for the 2ball, I accidentaly sent the 6 and 9-balls bouncing all over the table, untill the 6-ball found a side pocket. Instead of being thrilled, as for me this is an 'accomplishment', I was upset that I missed the 2-ball.

But then I caught myself, "I am not upset over my poor shot, since I got a ball in. So then why am I upset? 'I meant to do that!?' It must be that I want for a certain ball to reach a pocket, and it hurts when I do not get what I want"

Sometimes hashem can be meitiv with us, but on the condition that we come to the realization, that he knows what is best. Without that 'midset', we miss-out on all the good in life.

** as you see, something good can come from shooting pool, although this is not an endorsement for bittul torah
Last Edit: by .

Re: Likutim ViHa'aros Melukat Misfarim uMekomos Shonos, Vchidushai hamechaber 03 May 2012 07:37 #136683

• PSimon23
I decided to give a hand and sent a post into social bookmarks. I hope the popularity will rise in.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes