Welcome, Guest

What can we learn about 49 days of Omer?
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: What can we learn about 49 days of Omer? 342 Views

What can we learn about 49 days of Omer? 16 May 2021 15:11 #368633

• shaul5781
  • Junior Boarder
The feast of shabuot is the giving of the torah.  From the day we left Egypt until the day of Shabuot we counted 49 days.  At the end of the 49 days there was the delivery of the torah at El Monte Siani.  We do sefirat haomer by counting each day between pesach and shabuot.  The question is: normally when someone expects something (on their wedding day or a person who is in jail) and they know they have a month left, how does it count?  backwards!  30, 29, 28, 27 ... Here we count forward 1, 2, 3, why?  If we are waiting for something I have to count back to see how much we have left.  the count of the Omer comes to teach us that every day is important 1, 2, 3, 4 why?  Because the job these days is every time to rectify another bad character trait, another bad quality.  With each day what happens, I perfect myself a little more, 1, 2, 3, 4 ... until 49, the delivery of the torah.  In other words, to receive the blessing of the Creator and connect with Him, which is what the torah does, the path passes through correcting oneself, our character
Last Edit: 16 May 2021 15:13 by shaul5781.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes