Welcome, Guest

RABBI'S AT RISK. G-D HELP US ONE AND ALL!
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: RABBI'S AT RISK. G-D HELP US ONE AND ALL! 2973 Views

RABBI'S AT RISK. G-D HELP US ONE AND ALL! 24 Jul 2019 11:53 #342504

• daledadar.3
  • Junior Boarder

A MORONIC SYSTEM THAT MAKES SO MANY ACT OUT ..AND IN SO MANY WAYS AND SOME CONCRETE SOLUTIONS Witney Houston once sang …Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all I am ok cuz G-d don't make junk , goes the saying Love your neighbor as thyself

You have to love yourself

A rav in Israel called this "basisi", basic stuff

It is every parent's goal; to raise kids with a sense of self love

That way they won't act out ..with food, drugs, rage, lust etc

However in today's Jewish community often things are different.

"My students think G-d hates them!" in despair, Rabbi  Hikind announced to his father's radio show listeners  Rav Arush writes how the vast majority of the people whom he counsels hate themselves

And Rav Sheya Twerski spent his writing career combatting what he called the number #1 problem of our generation, low self esteem

Indeed hating yourself is a one way ticket to that island of acting out with our toxic "friends" drugs, food, alchohol, rage, lust, you name it

I write as one who really struggles with this hate, self esteem thing

"We were taught to doubt" one night, talk show host Larry King tells of how he viewed Judaism growing up.

What was I taught growing up?

What are so many today taught?

No one taught me "Thou shat hate thyself"

Fine

I was taught just this :

YOU MUST FOLLOW A HIGHLY RIGOROUS DEMANDING SET OF LAWS

IF YOU DON’T, WHATEVER AND WHENEVER YOU FALL SHORT, A LOVING G-D (no sarcastic quotation marks)WILL TORTURE YOU IN THIS WORLD PERHAPS, AND DEFNATELY THE NEXT, WITH SPIRITUAL PAINS THAT MAKE THE HOLOCAUST LOOK LIKE A RIDE ON A REKEVET KALA IN JERUSALEM, OR  THE INCONVENIENCE OF A SHORT DELAY FOR THE "F "TRAIN IN MANHATTAN

THIS VERY LOVING G-D  WILL PUT YOU IN A STATE OF KAF VAKELLA FOR ETERNITY – BUT ONLY IF YOU REALLY REALLY TRY HIS LOVING PATIENCE. SO DON’T WORRY

ALL THE WHILE I, LIKE SO VERY MANY OTHERS, WERE EXPOSED TO PERVERSE SICK, IMMORAL, VIOLENT, SEXUALLY IMPLICIT AND EXPLICITE,  TV, RADIO, CABLE ETC, WIRIING ME TO SIN, AND IN SO  MANY WAYS

Of course popculture  affected me! It is scientifically proven that virtually all of us say that they are amongst those chosen few who aren’t affected

I watched and listened, and was hugely affected for the worse Consequently, the Torah became harder to follow.

So I often couldn’t measure up to Yiddishkeit. My self esteem took a real first class beating. I hated myself, judged others harshly, and  in a sense I hated G-d. I felt He hated me.I suppose you can love life as a failure. Gilligan of my sitcom TV saturated rerun childhood, did. I didnt.

So I got depressed and I acted out.

"When I think back on all that [religious dogma] I learned in gradeschool and highschool;  it is a wonder I can think at all" I quote a song from my youth "Hate yourself ? When did we say we tell you to actually hate yourself? We love you daledadar.3

" But be careful to not speak lashon hara. & study your five hundred page manual. Learn it well. Some lashon hara is murder Study  then you won't be guilty of murder.

"You removed the peach label wrong on a warm Shabbos afternoon? You are past twenty years old so you are excommunicated. An das you know daledaadar.3, it is Biblical command  But you can get your excommunication reversed. It is gonna take a lootta work though.

"No don’t hate yourself. That is a tremendous aveirah daledadar.3

"But that list of ayn lo cheileck lionlam haba in Perkei Avos...? Yeah watch that daledadar.3 ,because you can lose your ticket to paradise " LIES MY RABBIS TOLD ME or what they told me they really had NO business telling me ! The melting pot is very real. And so too JEWISH GUILT IS VERY REAL AND THESE DAYS ( not centuries ago mind you perhaps  . Then extremely harsh mussar HAD its place.)but these days …?IT IS A KILLER!

Toras H-shem temimah. Torah is beautiful, wonderful. As a levi I say my aliyah with great pride and often. But you don’t teach niddah to seven year olds, you don’t spit  on Superman's cape... and in a generation where emunah is virtually impossible compared to, say, 100 years ago...Dont teach me very shtark mussar and highly rigourous obligations  which guilt many of us out & bum us out to the point of acting out!.

I, and many of us are part of a cruel sadistic experiment ; not by Nazis and no, not as severe

No one person actually does this .. But this is the experiment: Let us raise kids with WWF wrestling, graphic songs where teenagers lose their virginity panting and moaning heavily ,and rappers seducing women into copulating (or just forget the seduction part) Let us show kids all sorts of utterly graphic violence that would make Alfred Hitchkock of fifties fame horror film creator, flintch with terror ;heads being chopped off all sorts of things

Now let us tell them not to touch women's pinkies, or look at them, and inform them that any erection might be the fault of the young man (us) in this experiment.Inculcate the participants that masturbation is like murder.

"Let us see" say the experimentors  ..with all this sex violence scoffing on one hand ///-and elite kedusha as very polar opposite forces  ..let us see how many end up maladjusted, older  singles, with shalom bayis problems, disenchanted with their faith, drug addicts, floundering in life etc etc etc

and acting out  …    Hell, Gehenom, Purgetroy "60 times hotter than the sun rabosi" I can still hear the  deep voice of my 9th grade rebbe, "touched" as African Americans would have called him , lecturing to a very modern Orthodox highschool....... 60 times hotter than the sun rabosi 60 times !!  And so many of us had parents who let their kids see, listen, and inhale TV, radio, movies, rap,    "What can we do?" bewail so many parents in 2019. " My kid acts out with food, drugs,lust, violence and chutzpah to their mechanchim ?"the parents go on and on and on I have a suggestion Daledadar.3 can give you an "eitzah maalyah"  Take a "Back to the Future" Time machine to when Harrry Truman was chastised for using the taboo turn "Hell" in a speech   Tell them what you expose yor kids to Let them actually see the  sewer of 2019 cable   SHOW IT ALL, PARENTS OF A MESSED UP CHILD!

Then social service 1950S style ,alla a guy like  a judge like Perry Mason of TV fame, fifties style will sentence your "Bruchie" and "Duvie" to be removed "You aren’t fit parents" he will declare.

If you don’t comply, then a cop like, say,  Andy Griffeth and  Barnie Fife of TV fame, will force " Bruchi" and "Duvie" out of their "Jekyl Hyde" –morning lessons of Avraham Aveinu who didn’t gaze at Sarah due to tzniyus -night time homosexual sitcoms and riality shows and onslaught of sex vilence and all the filth ,all the filth

That teacher I once had who spoke of  "60 time hotter than the sun" stuff to his students, his students from TV homes. How did they respond? They taught the "helige"rav's three and four year old nibul peh  "You shouldn't say that. That is a naughty word."  "the four year old bechor affectionately told his little brother  The  rav affectionnately would kiss his little ones -(even after they would use nibul peh...-rightfully so)  "Little kids need lots of affection at that age" teh rav of my youth would inform us ...... AND WE DONT ??! After all ..did the GRA"S  generation sit down to Uncle Miltie dress up like a woman, or witness the simulated violent rape of a man as in TV's St Elsewhere?

Did Abiya and Rava's generation watch practically naked women violently beat up nearly, but not quite as muscular, men? In the time of Rashi, did people hear leitzanus about howmosexuality "not being anything that wrong" and taunts from women to men about fake orgasms, from a "mefursam" Jewish badchan ? Mistama not  In the times of Rabbi Akiva Eiger, did modern orthodox yiddden listen intently to rappers flaunt going into clubs and, in vulgar terms, seducing women and copulating with them, usually as these women are totally "maskim" (though not always, to totally to meaningless  lustful one night stands, or half night stands perhaps) ( We are wary ooooh there is antisemetism in rap The other stuff is 'going a little to far" vihaer shushan navocha!!) Torah changes with the times. Rav Shimshon Rafael Hirsch and Ba'al Shem Hakadosh paskined Rabbis at risk, kindly put down the harsh heavy mussar and teach a G-d of UN conditional- not conditional love !! David Berkowitz and a rapper who rapes, feel G-ds love. Maybe rabbis are at risk if countless of us hate ourslelves? Ya think ?   Jewish Press loves to tell us about how the NYTIMES ignored the Holocaust. While actualy they did write hundreds of articles about the Holocaust

That is much more than  AMI MISHPAHCA Jewish  Press, Jewish Week, Jewish Connection, Yated and Hamodia combined ever wrote on the evils of pop culture and how it is destroying our people

Oh, and if their readership doesn’t watch pop culture WHY DON’T THEY WRITE ARTCLES TEACHING THEIR READERSHIP HOW TO MOTIVATE OTHERS TO STOP? The answer ?Perhaps thy will "inform you" that no one watches TV and or cable. (By the way not much is written to inspire people to get filters on smartphones and computers)

So if no one is watching TV And cable anymore....?. Give me a break Tell me about all those "smartphone" or "computer"  Superbowl parties

Why the incessant "purple glow " on the very Modern orthodox  Ocean parkway in Brooklyn ??  No one uses dollars or shekels.i suppose.. Keys ?No one uses keys it is all hand censored ! In the words of let su say  a TV and Cable free home eralicha beis Yaakov girl  .. "BALONEY!" Aguda said they spoke aganst TV ...7 years ago!!  Hollywood pro Palestinians are anti semites. Got it Got it  . How about pondering  this in peridodicles :….

Are Hollywood folk who mock and figuritevely  burn our Torah day and night on TV and cable TV shows antii-Semites?? Magazines please,you do such wonderful work .. But  could you kindly  stop looking at "those darn kids" what is wrong with them? angle   I think  Mr Hikind and his son get it Rav Arush gets it

Gateway to Happiness' Rav zelig Pliskin  in my opinion gets it

Lots of rabbbanim get it  Many dont They are the Rabbis at risk

But back to all to us

Next time you put on teffilin –or if you dont, just contemplate it for a while --Viarisatech li lolam. G-d is connected ot me always  What an invigorating happiness inducing calming tranquil pleasant thought  Sit com  dads love their kids .. and even  when they acted up really bad! From Mr  Brady to Andy Griffeth  to the dad on different Strokes.. Hakodosh Baruch Hu is as good as them.. You know what INFINATELY BETTER !! His love is UN conditional

First came chessed THEN later din for a reason Today we are my ninth grade rebbes three and four year old. Rav Moshe Wolfson shlita consistantly speaks of a weaker generation that should be treated more gently which has harsh tests

G-d loves unconditionally

According to what I read in a Rav Sheya Twerski classic on perkei Avos, a Fire and Brimstone rav I knew.., please forgive me, but he butchered pshat in that ain lo chellek liolam habba mishna Yes dear reader you are  in for much beauty in the next world ; so stick around and "chap" even more schar in this world Naur Bismicha

If mass murderer David Berkowitz, and a rapper who raped, know G-d loves them ,then so can we all !

Every generation must have different "trumpets"

We grow up in a world where "cannibalism is ok" so to speak-  a sick perverse  time The trumpets have changed and they should  And maybe just maybe we all could hear the metophoric trumpets so to speak, if everyone would turn off the "SATANIC BLACK BOX"

I remember when rabbi Sheya Twerski wrote "Like Yourself and Others Will Too "

Know HAkadosh Bruch Hu's  love is UN -I repeat- UN conditional DONT BELIEVE THE MOTZE SHEIM RAH AGAINST YOUR HELEGE HIGHER POWER ; then you will get to like yourself be a better person and &happier yid … A DONT PUT INTENSE PRESSURE ON YOUSELF  DONT FOCUS ON THIS GEHENOM GARBAGE  This is a little tougher for you.. Turn off the TV and all the stuff which isnt good for you and making life less pleasant (But dont "gullt" albout it)

and you wont want to act out    Please honored reader, if you would send this to any and all of the wonderful  publications which I  mentioned that are guilty of ignoring how toxic pop culture is; I would be indebted and very honored G-d bless you and gantz klal Yisroel !!

Last Edit: 25 Jul 2019 16:54 by daledadar.3. Reason: IT"S IN MY BLOOD DUDE!!!!!

Re: RAABIS AT RISK. G-D HELP US ONE AND ALL 24 Jul 2019 13:19 #342509

• cordnoy
And let's not forget that we have choices not to become a victim.

Choose wisely.

God bless
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: RAABIS AT RISK. G-D HELP US ONE AND ALL 08 Aug 2019 02:13 #342749

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
I feel your pain. I can relate to this on some level, though I haven't experienced it as much as you have.

These two books really helped me:
GPS! Navigation for your Soul, by Yaakov Shain and Avi Fishoff. And
The Battle of the Generation, by Hillel S (available here: https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation?category_id=149 ).

Why don't you check them out?

Hatzlocho
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes