Welcome, Guest

The Baal Shem Tov - The 1st 3 steps of The 12 Step
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Baal Shem Tov - The 1st 3 steps of The 12 Step 2191 Views

The Baal Shem Tov - The 1st 3 steps of The 12 Step 15 Jul 2015 11:56 #259505

• berelfiner
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Expert Boarder
I posted this in my Introduce yourself post, but since it's a Dvar Torah I'll post it here as well.

There's a vort from the Baal Shem Tov (Kesser Shem Tov', pg. 7).
In the sugya of Matan Torah in Mesichta Shabbos there (amongst many others) two mamorei Chazal !.The Yidden said Naaseh V'Nishman 2. כפה עליהם הר כגגית- the Eibishter held the mountain above the Yidden thereby forcing them to accept the Torah.
The question arises if they have already accepted the Tprah why was it neccessary for Hashem to force them?
The Baal Shem Tov explains that if the Yidden would have only accepted the Torah themselves than the keeping of Torah and Mitzvos would be dependent on their abbilities and if in certain situations they wouldn't have the abbility to keep them they would be considered "Onus" - forced whom "Rachmono Patrei" - Hashem exempts him. Therefore Hashem forced them to accept the Torah, thereby ensuring that the fulfillment of Torah and Mitzvos is NOT dependent on the Yidden's own abbility to overcome disturbances and even in a situation that they wouldn't be able to overcome the challenge alone just being aware of the fact that Hashem is "forcing" them to persevere gives them the power to do so.

I just wanted to bring forth the point that the idea in the 12 steps that one has to admit helplessness and give it up completely to Hashem is not something that just addicts do to recover, but it's not necessarily true for itself, rather it's a truthful idea that concerns all Yidden in Golus.
"טראכט גוט וועט זיין גוט"
Your positive view of the future will actually make the future positive!
Last Edit: 16 Jul 2015 12:13 by berelfiner. Reason: Greater clarity
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes