Welcome, Guest

Powerful message from Parshas Bo
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Powerful message from Parshas Bo 1771 Views

Powerful message from Parshas Bo 23 Jan 2015 21:55 #247586

I found this powerful thought in the Kehot Chumash about destroying one's "inner Pharaoh":

The Zohar notes that God did not tell Moses to "go to Pharaoh" but to "come to Pharaoh," meaning "come with Me to Pharaoh." This was because beginning with the eighth plague, God set out to break Pharaoh himself, to destroy his power from its core.

...Moreover, we must take our cue here from how God told Moses to crush Pharaoh: to aim for the jugular vein and attack evil at its root. Everyone has his or her personal "Pharaoh," the aspect of life where opposition to holiness is most acute. This is where our primary assault should be directed, and when this Pharaoh is vanquished, the other obstacles in life will follow suit.

Furthermore, we need not be afraid of this inner Pharaoh: just as God accompanied Moses into Pharaoh's chamber and did battle with him Himself, we can call upon God to accompany our inner Moses as it confronts our inner Pharaoh and to help us destroy it.

We are God's children, and just as loving parents seek to satisfy their children's desires, so does God "satisfy the needs of every living thing."3 When we ask God to redeem us from the issues in our lives that constrict us or distract us from pursuing our Godly goals, He naturally hastens to assist us in doing so. [http://www.chabad.org/parshah/article_cdo/aid/821415/jewish/Overview.htm]

Re: Powerful message from Parshas Bo 30 Jan 2015 19:02 #247935

• Shakeitoff
  • Current streak: 45 days
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks for this. I guess that's why daily davvening mentions Yetziat Mitzrayim. Even across the ocean from Egypt, even more than 2000 years later, everyone is still in Mitzrayim and needs help to get out of this narrow place.

I am grateful for GYE, but I notice how "narrow" my world has always been. Right now, important things are happening all over the world, and what am I focussed on?...That's right, Willy. It was that way before I joined GYE and it's going to be that way for a while. Hopefully, a short while.

Thanks again, and every success in your personal exodus.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes