Welcome, Guest
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: purim 1862 Views

purim 14 Mar 2014 07:13 #228889

• kilochalu
  • Platinum Boarder
the pasuk says layehudim haysa ora...
chazal say this refers to torah and yom tov and milah and tefilin
sfas emes asks why does the pasuk talk in hints and not say it straight out
he explains that of course they had these mitzvos before but after the nes of purim they were zocheh to the reality of the ora of the torah and the simcha of the yomtov and sasson of milah and yikar of tfillin
we should all be zoche to these realities as we work on our real relationships with Hashem
and our avodas Hashem

Re: purim 16 Mar 2014 03:02 #228923

• kilochalu
  • Platinum Boarder
I heard the following unbelievable gematria:
purim is about realizing the stamp of Hashem always and everywhere even in the hester. the stamp of Hashem is אמת which is made up of the first middle and last letter of the alef beis to show that always from the beginning until the end He is always there always running the show.
the rokeach (who was around before the invention of calculators) says that we see this from the gematria of the letters of emess that each one is the same as the others as follows:
אלף=מם=תיו if you square them and multiply
אלף is 1x1x30x30x800x800=576,000,000
מם is 40x40x600x600=576,000,000
תיו is 400x400x10x10x6x6=576,000,000

this is the same gematria as פורים
80x6x200x10x600=576,000,000

Re: purim 18 Mar 2014 03:37 #228942

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Who the gehennom figured THAT out?!
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: purim 18 Mar 2014 03:37 #228943

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Oh the Rokeach. Yes he was good with that sort of thing

Re: purim 18 Mar 2014 05:47 #228945

Was anyone bothered by all the shmiras enayim issues this Purim, where I live its become more and more acceptable for women to dress up, unfortunately.
I was better this year, since I knew what to expect, I was able to look away, but it was tough and didn't always manage. Last year, I just followed my eyes, women who dress up are really just asking to be looked at, and this is not acceptable.
We are not fighting the YH as a process to get through in order to be able to get back to normal life; the fight wih the YH is the essence of our existence - Hopeing

Re: purim 18 Mar 2014 06:04 #228947

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yea its hard but its good you did better! Good work!!!
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: purim 18 Mar 2014 07:58 #228949

• mr.clean
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Gold Boarder
Same here I was ready so I was a bit better but for many young teen bochrim its a tragedy u look around and its not that the women just dress up which is already a problem... they dress up prost! I saw this Purim a sick teenage bochur going around and collecting (and I don't think it was for other people) and this women walks by so terribly dressed that I thought she was just wearing a big belt... this boy so much hardships and then this lady comes and is litteraly nichshal him berabim! Even if he glanced for a second how can she atone for that?
Maybe I'm overreacting, or maybe u had to be there, but I wanted to yell at her and put her in her place.
A mistake is only a mistake if you don't learn from it.

Re: purim 18 Mar 2014 08:40 #228951

• shivisi
  • Current streak: 193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
OMG!!! I'm sorry to say this Mr. clean,after reading your post I could not get the image of Mrs. Big belt out of my mind!!!
I was almost nichshal myself [not Berabim BH]
Maybe people should think twice about how they describe things here, we have some delicate explosives around here, some of us might blow up just by a small trigger.
Boruch Hashem who saved me from falling even while I was struggeling with this.

Re: purim 02 Apr 2014 23:03 #229731

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
The rebberebards used to say

SHE MAY BE A PROBLEM

SHE'S NOT MY PROBLEM
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes