Welcome, Guest

L'arbav es hasatan
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: L'arbav es hasatan 1210 Views

L'arbav es hasatan 26 Aug 2009 19:09 #14356

• jda211
  • Senior Boarder
On of the famous ideas that is brought down about the shofar of elul is that it is l'arbev es hasatan.  while there are a lot of questions, and answers on what this means, i thought of something yesterday which is similar to some of the opinions out there, but really relates to this struggle.  the idea of the shofar, as the Rambam and many others point out, is to awaken ourselves to do teshuva.  we hear it every day of elul, and we realize we must battle and improve everyday, all month.  THIS IS WHAT STARTLES THE SATAN! he can deal with us saying one time, i wanna stop, or even a couple times, but to constantly wake up and say today i'm going to fight, and improve and do teshuva, then he has nothing! ein davar omed bifnay harazon, and what i see on my time on this site, is going to confuse and baffle the yetzer like crazy! he can't deal with committed teshuva, day in day out!
If that made sense, it was probably from other places, if not, sorry for the time waster
Last Edit: by willistopme.

Re: L'arbav es hasatan 26 Aug 2009 19:23 #14361

• bardichev
that is a beautiful thought!!
Last Edit: by Ariel1234.

Re: L'arbav es hasatan 26 Aug 2009 21:52 #14407

I'm seconding that. Take very nice, and original.

Mr. B., somewhere in the site I posted R' Zelig Epstein's pshat on why the YH doesn't finally get it.

k
Rashi, Breishis (10:25)
Last Edit: by StrivingJew.

Re: L'arbav es hasatan 27 Aug 2009 12:32 #14478

OK, Can't find it on the site.

So, here goes:

Every year, the YH gets frightened from the Shofar, and thinks mashiach has come, and therefore does not do a good job being mekatrig on k'y, c'v.
But why doesn't he finally get it? Why doesn't he remember that last year and the year before and the year before etc it ended up being a 'false alarm'.
He is rather clever, we will all admit, so why is he so 'naive' on this point?

Answers R' Zelig, the YH has one weakness. He is a complete fake. He has nothing to offer. True, he knows how to 'pitz' things up and make them attractive, but they are nothing more than a mirage,  and he knows it, better than anyone else.

So, to the degree that he is clever, he is at the same time insecure. Extremely insecure. Because he knows its all a ponzi scheme, and the game is going to end...

So, each RH, he hears the shofar and chaps a tzitter, Oy, the time has finally come, they are going to expose me as the Universes ultimate fraud.
We, sitting here and convinced (after GYE, less so, B"H) that the mirage is real, think what his problem, why doesn't he get it. 
But the YH, who sees only how fake and un-real he is, sees only the ultimate end. Makes no difference that the past 3000 odd Rosh Hashana's were a false alarm. He knows that ultimately the end must come, so each RH he chaps a NEW tzitter... Oy, maybe this year is my end!

And may it takeh be so!

Rashi, Breishis (10:25)
Last Edit: by Barackwhosaneobama.

Re: L'arbav es hasatan 10 Sep 2009 19:51 #17289

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
amen!
let's smash him to bits!
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by chess.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes