Welcome, Guest

Grab whatever is left!
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Grab whatever is left! 1755 Views

Grab whatever is left! 30 May 2012 02:50 #138503

• links
  • Current streak: 10 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I saw in the Chofetz Chaim's Sefer Shmiras Haloshon a great moshol that can be applied to many many area's in our avadas Hashem.
The moshol is as follows:
A kid was in the market selling his basket of vegetables. All of a sudden a ruffian came over and knocked the basket over. The contents inside scattered all over and the people around started taking them.
The kid stood there in shock not sure what to do. A man watching the scene screamed at him, "just grab what you can".

Says the Chofetz Chaim, when the Yetzer Hora is able for example to distract us during davening and now we 're at the end- we now have to GRAB whatever we can.

He explains that this is what the Gemorah in Berachos means when it says that we have to wage war with the Yetzer Hora.

I was extremely inspired by this peice, and I think tat it is very applicable in our battles.

Hatzlacha everyone!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes