Welcome, Guest

How to break free-ideas from the Seder
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to break free-ideas from the Seder 1419 Views

How to break free-ideas from the Seder 07 Apr 2012 18:55 #135623

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
I was thinking about how we gain freedom through the mitzvahs of the Seder.  So, I was thinking--what exactly do we do that helps us break free?  I had a few ideas.

1.  Never forget the past, and how lowly it was, "We were slaves, our ancestors were idolators, etc."

2.  In-depth appreciation; realize that anything good in life that we have can be viewed as a compounded and multi-faceted benefit.  And, besides being grateful, we also need to express our gratitude.

3.  Humility.  Chometz represents arrogrance, and eating chometz on Pesach is so severe that it deserves total spiritual excision (koreis).

4.  Talking things out.  Even if you're by yourself making a seder alone, it's not enough to THINK about the exodus from Egypt.  You need to speak it out.

--Elyah
Last Edit: by .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes