Welcome, Guest
Stop Living in the PROBLEM and start living in THE SOLUTION. You can now take the 12 Steps of SA with the Back to Basics method on this board, exactly as they are being taken by frum members of one face-to-face SA group. Take a proven program with high success rates that is open to all, newcomer and old timer, whether you belong to a face-to-face 12 Step group or not. Check in with us for more information.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Clean but feeling lost 301 Views

Clean but feeling lost 05 Sep 2010 17:18 #77858

• mosheross
Four years clean, 15 years clean and sober, 5 years observant, two years married. Trouble at home, trouble at work. Wife doesn't trust me, doesn't want me. Feeling lost, hard to daven, and living out my addictive behaviors in other ways. Lying, hiding tobacco and nicotine, just want to sleep....depressed...lonely...
Last Edit: by .

Re: Clean but feeling lost 06 Sep 2010 13:59 #77905

• jooboy
  • Gold Boarder
R Nachman,

I read some of your posts.  How did you get sober from your various addictions?  I go to SA for mine and find that the fellowship provides a lot of what is sounds like you really need.  If your not comfortable going to SA there are certainly plenty of open AA meetings that I hear are very good.

Hatzlacha.

If you would like to connect with someone to talk it out, feel free to PM me for my contact info

Re: Clean but feeling lost 06 Sep 2010 15:19 #77911

I know I might not have the experiance to be speaking, but from way you described the situation, it sounds like you've given up! Which is understaderbal but silly, if you want I'm sure you could find someone who actually knows what there talking about, just for startes don't make one big cholent out of all you problems take them one by one.

Kesiva vechasima tova!!!

Re: Clean but feeling lost 06 Sep 2010 17:04 #77924

• mosheross
Jooboy, I got sober going to AA meetings, but right now I don't get out much (wife doesn't trust me), and I also find that for my Torah observance, meeting content distracts me from my SA goals. That being said, I took your advice and dialed into the SA conference call that started today, on this site. What a relief to get out of myself, to find fellowship, and in kedusha, even though I only listened. Thanks. And thanks for your offer. What does it mean to PM?

Not14, awesome reminder, and never heard it said so well: "don't make one big cholent..." I haven't given up, G-d forbid, but I have allowed myself to become overwhelmed. I'll step back and work with the ingredients one at a time. Today I started with the "meat:" I dialed into a Big Book meeting on this site! Kind of like, back to basics...

Shana Tova

Re: Clean but feeling lost 06 Sep 2010 17:15 #77927

LOL!
Hatzlocho with all this, and keep us posted.

Re: Clean but feeling lost 07 Sep 2010 02:47 #77969

• jooboy
  • Gold Boarder
Reb N,

PM stands for Personal Message.  There is an icon under my name that looks like a dialogue cloud that allows you to send a personal message that goes just to me instead of being posted for all to see. I'm sure you understand that I'm not so interested in broadcasting my contact info on the web

Re: Clean but feeling lost 26 Sep 2010 23:03 #79078

nu reb nachman any news?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes