Welcome, Guest

Re: Question about SLAA handbook
(0 viewing) 
Stop Living in the PROBLEM and start living in THE SOLUTION. You can now take the 12 Steps of SA with the Back to Basics method on this board, exactly as they are being taken by frum members of one face-to-face SA group. Take a proven program with high success rates that is open to all, newcomer and old timer, whether you belong to a face-to-face 12 Step group or not. Check in with us for more information.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Re: Question about SLAA handbook 341 Views

Re: Question about SLAA handbook 17 Aug 2009 21:04 #12827

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I haven't read through the whole SLAA handbook, but I have started and it is open on my desktop. Sorry, Eye, I'm not here to give any answers, I just think it's a really good question and am looking forward to an answer as well. I think I might have a similar issue. I see myself as someone who is very much a people person and I find that I can really connect to others. I feel that I much better at one on one, though, than with group dynamics. With groups, I get shy a lot, get left to the side... I often wonder if this is a part of me that can be worked on and where it might be coming from...

Last Edit: by 1adam.

Re: Question about SLAA handbook 26 Aug 2009 20:31 #14380

• elya k
  • Gold Boarder
Don't box yourself in an consider yourself anorexic.  go to Toastmasters and take a public speaking course and I guarantee you, you will enjoy groups and even
speaking in front of people.  I was very introverted and this taught me with practice to feel at home speaking and in groups.  It's all about fear of being "found out"
Our insides never match what we see on the outsides of others.

Elya
Elya K was the first  GYE hotline moderator for couples struggling with Shmiras Eiynaim issues in their marriage.  Elya is the author of 6 books, among them Navigating the Phases of Sex Addiction Recovery, Help Her Heal with Carol Sheets,  Ambushed by Betrayal: The Survival Guide for Betrayed Partners on their Heroes’ Journey to Healthy Intimacy with Michele Saffier. 

FREE EBOOK ON THE GYE SITE AT: Mask In the Mirror (guardyoureyes.com)

Elya K. has been coaching people worldwide for over 10 years for Shmiras Eiyanim issues. 
For a free 15 minute consultation call 901-248-6001.
Last Edit: by HopelesslyHopeful.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes