Welcome, Guest
Stop Living in the PROBLEM and start living in THE SOLUTION. You can now take the 12 Steps of SA with the Back to Basics method on this board, exactly as they are being taken by frum members of one face-to-face SA group. Take a proven program with high success rates that is open to all, newcomer and old timer, whether you belong to a face-to-face 12 Step group or not. Check in with us for more information.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question about SLAA handbook 532 Views

Question about SLAA handbook 15 Aug 2009 20:19 #12406

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
I downloaded the SLAA handbook, which was mentioned in a GUE E-mail not too long ago.  There's a page or two about "Anorexia," an addiction to avoiding relationships rather than an addiction to pursuing them.

I started wondering about myself.  I've always considered myself shy and introverted, and I feel like I never have anything to say in social settings, to the point where it bothers me.  But, I always assumed this was just my natural personality.  Maybe if I worked on my self-confidence I'd get over it.

What's the difference between a normal introvert, and between someone who is anorexic to developing any sort of relationships with other people?

Last Edit: by testtask.

Re: Question about SLAA handbook 26 Aug 2009 20:28 #14379

• elya k
  • Gold Boarder
Patrick Carnes has a book on Sexual Anorexia.  It's not necessarily a personality trait, but a compulsive aversion to anything.  Food, sex, etc.
I would go to his site and he speaks about it there.  sexhelp.com

Elya K was the first  GYE hotline moderator for couples struggling with Shmiras Eiynaim issues in their marriage.  Elya is the author of 6 books, among them Navigating the Phases of Sex Addiction Recovery, Help Her Heal with Carol Sheets,  Ambushed by Betrayal: The Survival Guide for Betrayed Partners on their Heroes’ Journey to Healthy Intimacy with Michele Saffier. 

FREE EBOOK ON THE GYE SITE AT: Mask In the Mirror (guardyoureyes.com)

Elya K. has been coaching people worldwide for over 10 years for Shmiras Eiyanim issues. 
For a free 15 minute consultation call 901-248-6001.
Last Edit: by Middos613.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes