Welcome, Guest

#2 accepting that we need help
(0 viewing) 
On this board, everyone is encouraged to share their journey through the 18 tools of the GYE handbook and get Chizuk and answers from everyone else here as well!

The GYE handbook provides a systematic framework for breaking free of this addiction. But just reading it alone won’t do very much if we don’t “work” the tools therein. So after reading through the GYE handbook once, we go back and start again from the beginning, this time taking it slowly and giving each tool a lot of careful thought. Have we tried the first few tools yet? What parts have we still not tried? Do we have questions, comments, doubts about any of the tools? Slowly but surely, tool by tool, day by day, the GYE handbook - together with the group support of this board - will provide you with the best framework possible for systematic growth and progress.
  • Page:

TOPIC: #2 accepting that we need help 1848 Views

#2 accepting that we need help 03 Oct 2010 17:24 #79393

i think that this step is also pretty strait foward, yet, still just as important as everything else.
summary: we need to really understand that we need help. its key because if we dont accept that, then we see everything annd say oh, thats not for me. even marriage wont solve it. its something that we need help to fix.

its perfect that its number 2, cus its a continuation of step 1. 1st we need to understand that its a big deal, and now that we know that, we need to understand that we cant fix it by ourselves, we need help.

comments questions?
Last Edit: by .

Re: #2 accepting that we need help 03 Oct 2010 20:56 #79402

btw, for all the "GUESTS" out there. this step is speaking to "YOU" all of you must accept that you need help and sign up and participate in the forum and make posts

Re: #2 accepting that we need help 04 Oct 2010 01:09 #79418

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
2. Accepting that we need help

Here's my abridged version.

We need to accept that we have a problem and that we
need help.

YOU WILL ONLY BE SAVED IF YOU ADMIT YOU ARE AN ADDICT!
I know it hurts. It hurt and it hurts me too. Yes, I am an addict. Yes me, the father, husband,
Talmid Chacham and neighborhood Askan, is an addict.
It still hurts me to write you these words. But we must admit it in order to be helped.

If you want to
keep on riding on the Teshuvah/Nefilla roller-coaster, be my guest. But you will just continue
making more addictive behavior neuron pathways in your brain, which only get harder to reverse.

Some people are willing to “say” they have an addiction, but coming to terms with what
that really means, and acting like they really are ill and need help, is another matter.

we are ready to accept our problem and begin to live in the solution, by exploring the methods
that really work.

It will almost never help to simply try “harder” to fight the Yetzer Hara, to learn
more mussar, or make ever more resolutions.

With addictions, there are methods that don’t work,
and then there are tried-and-proven methods that do work. The steps that work are outlined in
the GuardYourEyes Handbook. There we will learn that it is possible to break free, no matter how
far the addiction has advanced.
Last Edit: 04 Oct 2010 01:31 by .

Re: #2 accepting that we need help 04 Oct 2010 01:12 #79420

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
Questions anyone?

Re: #2 accepting that we need help 04 Oct 2010 01:14 #79421

well said world. well said
and again this step is key to understand and to really beleive before going on the the next one
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes