Welcome, Guest

The 12 steps tool in the gye handbook
(0 viewing) 
On this board, everyone is encouraged to share their journey through the 18 tools of the GYE handbook and get Chizuk and answers from everyone else here as well!

The GYE handbook provides a systematic framework for breaking free of this addiction. But just reading it alone won’t do very much if we don’t “work” the tools therein. So after reading through the GYE handbook once, we go back and start again from the beginning, this time taking it slowly and giving each tool a lot of careful thought. Have we tried the first few tools yet? What parts have we still not tried? Do we have questions, comments, doubts about any of the tools? Slowly but surely, tool by tool, day by day, the GYE handbook - together with the group support of this board - will provide you with the best framework possible for systematic growth and progress.
  • Page:

TOPIC: The 12 steps tool in the gye handbook 2434 Views

The 12 steps tool in the gye handbook 15 Jul 2012 13:57 #141571

• tamidbesimcha18
Hello people, after reading the gye handbook as well as reading daily the chizuk email, i dint get something:
I have seen many times at diferent posts about the benefits of the 12 steps . ill quote the post from Tomim in the email n.652 from the chizuk list: ...During our very first days on the call, Duvid Chaim told us that we weren't going to fight anymore and that we wouldn't even need to! Duvid Chaim insisted that we can be normal again! Shocked by what I heard, I felt I needed to call him up personally for a more detailed discussion in which Duvid Chaim spelled out for me how the program takes us to a healthy place where I'll no longer need a filter on my computer, where I'll be able to walk the streets, go to the bank, the supermarket, and even look or talk to the woman behind the counter without lusting her. Wow! That was news for me! "I can live in the real world without lusting!?".

Since I've subscribed to the program, my world has become much brighter and much more colorful! True - the program has asked us to see things way past our addiction (where we're talking about a Higher Power, ego, and other stuff). And we're even beginning to take certain steps (we're working on step 4 right now) that are hard and painful! "But what's the alternative?" we ask. It's either go through pain, or have to deal with the sickness itself! Yes it's true that no-one wants to go through chemotherapy! But it's our only option in making it out of this alive! Living with the addiction (even fighting it) is no way of living! We choose life at any cost! For us, fighting the addiction doesn't work. We've got to be better and less selfish people overall! It's our only hope for living! .... Now, why is the 12 steps tool only in the advanced levels, such as 6th7th and on , if its that good and if only fighting lust doent help? and ,second of all, many of the others tools, such as Shmiras aynaim, Thaphsic mode .... are merely fighting lust, but that wouldnt be the solution, as described by Tomim???
Waiting for an answer
all the best for everybody
tamid besimcha
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes