Searched for: Keep on trucking
27 Mar 2017 07:57

Singularity

LifneiHashem wrote on 27 Mar 2017 02:51:
Welcome!
Where's Watson & his spiel at??

Watson wrote:

Welcome. You're in the right place.

First of all please take time to read through the GYE handbook. No two people are the same, everyone has a slightly different set of circumstances, but we all share this problem and since we share the problem we can share the solution too. The book is written in a general way so it can apply to everyone. I found it helpful to really think about what the book was saying and how it applied to me and my own life.

This is a very common problem nowadays, you're far from the only one to deal with it. The word addict gets thrown around quite a lot, but most people who struggle with this issue are not addicts, just normal people with a normal yetzer hora. Which is good. Some people have come to realise that they really are addicts because their situation got gradually worse and worse despite working on it. When I say worse I mean, in frequency, severity or just feeling worse after every slip. If that is the case we may need more than GYE, which most people find to be therapy or SA or both. But I wouldn't jump to that conclusion about you. Many people have overcome this challenge right here on GYE using the tools in the handbook.

So stick around. Keep posting, keep reading and keep on trucking.
Category: Introduce Yourself
05 Apr 2017 16:02

GrowStrong

Welcome Binyomin,
You are not alone, there is a group of guys here going through similar issues for many different reasons.
You can breathe easy, you will find most of the answers you need here on the site.
Take some free time to read through the GYE handbook if you have not yet already done so. Take some time going through the GYE 30 Principles
Of the many tools you will find here on this site, bringing the problem out into the open and out of isolation and sharing it with others in a similar boat is a great first step.
Read up on the various ways that many here have managed to stay clean for amazingly long periods of time by participating in the forum.
If you are dedicated to stopping, know that it is possible.
Most importantly.
Keep on Trucking.
05 Apr 2017 16:12

cordnoy

GrowStrong wrote on 05 Apr 2017 16:02:
Welcome Binyomin,
You are not alone, there is a group of guys here going through similar issues for many different reasons.
You can breathe easy, you will find most of the answers you need here on the site.
Take some free time to read through the GYE handbook if you have not yet already done so. Take some time going through the GYE 30 Principles
Of the many tools you will find here on this site, bringing the problem out into the open and out of isolation and sharing it with others in a similar boat is a great first step.
Read up on the various ways that many here have managed to stay clean for amazingly long periods of time by participating in the forum.
Most importantly.
Keep on Trucking.

Great welcomin' post.

CopyI it someplace and welcome all newbies with this, especially now that the good doctor is AWOL.

I welcome you as well.
09 Apr 2017 16:24

GrowStrong

Welcome Brother,
You are not alone, there is a group of guys here going through very similar issues for many different reasons.
You can breathe easy, you will find most of the answers you need, right here on the site.
Find some free moments to read through the GYE handbook if you have not yet already done so. Take some extra time to go through the 30 Principles of GYE
Of the many tools you will find here on this site, bringing the problem out into the open, out of isolation and sharing it with others in a similar boat is a great first step.
Read up on the various ways that many here have managed to stay clean for amazingly long periods of time by participating with us in the forum.
Most importantly.
Keep on Trucking.
18 Apr 2017 11:05

GrowStrong

Welcome Brother,
You are not alone, there is a group of guys here going through very similar issues for many different reasons.
You can breathe easy, you will find most of the answers you need, right here on the site.
Find some free moments to read through the GYE handbook if you have not yet already done so. Take some extra time to go through the 30 Principles of GYE
Of the many tools you will find here on this site, bringing the problem out into the open, out of isolation and sharing it with others in a similar boat is a great first step.
Read up on the various ways that many here have managed to stay clean for amazingly long periods of time by participating with us in the forum.
Most importantly.
Keep on Trucking
19 Apr 2017 11:18

GrowStrong

Welcome "Michael",
Most importantly.
Keep on Trucking.
19 Apr 2017 20:13

GrowStrong

Welcome Tzaddik,

Most importantly.

Keep on Trucking.

20 Apr 2017 13:12

GrowStrong

Intro first:
Welcome Brother,
Most importantly.
Keep on Trucking.
Category: Important Threads
20 Apr 2017 15:30

Markz

Welcome brother.

Youre with us

Stick around and you may be comfortable to share your name with others in good time

KEEP ON TRUCKING!!
21 Apr 2017 21:01

gibbor120

You have made great progress.  I wouldn't over analyze it.  You are obviously doing many things right.  Don't make too big a deal about it, and just keep on trucking.  Mazal Tov on your clean time!  (I'm not saying that you shouldn't analyze it, just don't "over" analyze it.)
24 Apr 2017 20:28

belmont4175

Mazel Tov brother!

you are a real inspiration to all, your determination to grow and your endless desire not to give up, has proven that "Hashem can and does for us what we could not do for ourselves", "without Hashen I can't - without me Hashem won't.

keep on trucking!!
24 Apr 2017 21:27

GrowStrong

Welcome R. Hawk,

Most importantly.

Keep on Trucking.

27 Apr 2017 11:02

GrowStrong

Welcome GT,

You are not alone, there is a group of guys here going through very similar issues for many different reasons. I myself took 30 + years before I found GYE and started recovery.

Most importantly.

Keep on Trucking.

02 May 2017 12:55

Markz

mikestruggling wrote on 02 May 2017 10:43:
I had a suuper rough night last night probably the worst night in my life
I was too depressed to fall
with help from my mentor from here i'm getting better now I have too see someone

Too depressed to fall?
That must be the lowest depression point      on the planet - ouch

Sounds like you have a plan

Mike, KEEP ON TRUCKING!
02 May 2017 18:30

MayanHamisgaber

found this and saving here for easier finding for when needed...
a very interesting converstation between pentinant and REBBEREBER=DOV 

i added breaks to make this readable 

penitent wrote on 31 Dec, 2009:
I read a lot of the white paper re:SA. I do see myself in that and relate it to my own experiences. 
I do have a problem though with understanding all this "lust" etc. 
Maybe I look at myself and my relationship with my wife... I have all these thoughts in my head.... part of me wants to break down and cry, as so many times before. 

The gemara in Yoma 74: says in the name of R' Zeira "Tov mar'eh aynayim mehalach nafesh.. Tov mar'eh aynayim b'isha, yoter m'gufah shel ma'aseh" To look is always better than the actual deed. 

It's the musings we conjure up in our minds that is exciting. It's intersting to note that scientifically, the sympathetic system is responsible for arousal, erection, while the parasympathetic system-which calms us down- is responsible for ejaculation
 I always thought that the final Zing would be carried out by the system that is responsible for an excitatory response. In reality, you could say it's all over when that time arrives. Am I too deep? Anyone have any clue what I'm saying? Do I??? 

My original question is that chazal recognize human nature. To call it lust and label it a problem i.e. say I have a disease and to give me a cure seems extreme. Maybe I am in denial. See what I mean by thoughts in my head? 

Did chazal call that lust? maybe. but they stress controlling the yetzer. There is a book called Cheshbon Hanefesh which was written 150 years before Pavlov dogs, which really targets behavior modification. I recommend it highly. Chazal may tell us of Gedarim we should set but it's another thing to put it into practice.

REBBEREBER=DOV answwers in not -so-dovish 

quote=dov" link=topic=763.msg40619#msg40619 date=1262284223] 
Dear Penitent - 
 Yes, it is clear that the different nervous systems work that way, as I have shared with some people out of my own experience. I'll PM you something about that issue specifically. 

I love you. Period. So, please consider taking what I will share with you the way it is meant - not at all as criticism - only as a sharing of my experience with you. Besides, as "imtrying25" will tell you, I haven't had a rant in a while, so it's about time.... 

You ask about SA's use of the term "Lust". You are bringing up chazals to understand the term, rather than using examples from your own personal experience with your own problem. I'm all for chazal, but if we  are trying to uncover what is really going on within us, it would seem that being honest with ourselves is far more important than what a sefer says. 

If folks say this borders on apikorsus, then my response to them is that I'll gladly choose honesty in gehinom over dishonesty in Gan eden, any day. Why? Because the only thing that saved me from my personal gehinom in addiction - and it was gehinom (I need no chazal or sefer to tell me that) - was honesty. And in my case, I needed a chevra and a sponsor to help me do that. I found that in SA. 

Besides, chazal tell us that this world is an olam hafuch - those who are high here are are low there. To me that includes us when our frumkeit that is external - only in our brains, like Eisav's big head. Trust me, when we inject some shameless personal honesty into the mix, Torah becomes incredibly more powerful as a force in our lives. V'anavim yirshu aretz. The one's who seem low on the outside, are really high. Kapeesh? 

On the other hand, being frummer did me no good, it was doomed to forever be a half-measure because - after all - I was the one defining and enacting the "frumkeit". It seems that you are in the same boat, otherwise why are you here?  ;D 

Do you get what I mean? 

What do chazal mean when they tell us: "Derech Eretz Kodmah L'Torah"? To me, this is exactly what they are talking about. 

Don't look to the Torah to save you when you are insane. How can you expect to succeed while you'll be the one applying and measuring it? The basis of all frumkeit is personal responsibility. 

Darf zeyn a mentch, ershtence. 

The yidden at Har Sinai had to be healed before they could accept the Torah, right? Yidden need to have some basic mental health - specifically self-honesty - to use Torah successfully as instructions for living. 
 Otherwise it's known, but not applied - hey! kind of like in our case, right? The GYE-er: a frum yid who just can't "get frum" in this area...drives us nuts, doesn't it? 

In fact, a total shoteh is totally patur from the mitzvos. We in addiction are not true shotim, only full of "ruach" shtus. We are not p'turim, but seem doomed to fail at it. This insanity is clearly discussed in all 12 step literature. If you want to talk about it more, I'll gladly share my insanity with you (that sounds funny, doesn't it?). 

So, I ask you (as chazal put it): how can a "chavush be matir himself from the beis ha'asurim"? Chazal inform us that he can't. And who is more of a chavush than an addict? No one, to me. Isn't the self-application of Torah exactly what all of us do for years and years until we make enough of a mess of things that we finally reach out for help, as you are? 
Keep reaching for help. It's here. 

Now, maybe we can talk about lust a bit..... 

[/quote] 

ok now the truckdriver rebbe of woodford and bardstown kentucky come in to ekplain in plain english what REBBE REB BER=DOV is sayin 

take it away bards.... 

Pentinent 

I am a talmid of the RebbeRebBer=DOV 
Although I never spent a day in his yeshivah 

There is a language called Dovish 

You need to learn Dovish to "chapp" 
DOV 

I used to fight rebberebdov 
Why cause I was so "macho" I was armed to the teeth with 
 Chazal 
Courage 
Resolve 
Humor 
A mouth like a trucker 

I was convinced DOV was a crazy robot apikoress 

Pentinent 
Let's make cheshbon hanefesh together 

When we were in the thick of our taava 
Didn't we know all these chazals 
Didn't we have the courage 
Didn't we have all the machoness that a loser (sic) that dov is missing 

And and and 
We still had no control 

If anything we used some chazal(I did) to boost our YH 

Hello who is the apikores 
Me and my chazal or dov and his 12 steps 

Hey I am not a 12 stepper 

But we need to learn from dov 

As long as "I" fight the YH 
 "I" is in big trouble 

When I surrender 
I don't know ginoi(exactly) how dov taitches  surrender but bardichev thinks it means when we remove the "zhich" the stoopid monkey in the middle GAAVA 
From the equation 

I am again not a 12 stepper 

But what DOV says is when a man is clearly not a bar sechel we cannot use sichliyos first he must be a man 

Yes we can become a man again thru Torah 
By realizing that we are so helpless witout HKB"H 

Coming from a non-12 guy 

All dov is teaching us is what is pshat in the gemara "ilmalai HKB"H ozroi lo yachal loi" 

Hashem doesnot need our helP we need his and we need a lot of it 

I know I write a lot of jokes on the forum . I do it to cheer myself up and to cheer up people like DOV and everyone else .Simcha is my key weapon and DOV uses it 
If u look in the ohr hachaim in ekev he says a lot of what I say here 

I have a posotive spin that it is never too late to start living 
 I call it 
 Keep on trucking!! 

Jump on my truck!! 

DOV comes here too (sources say) 

T 

Bards
02 May 2017 20:34

cordnoy

bardichev wrote on 07 Jan 2011 12:18:
Cute?

I'm 4000 posts cute

Read bardchevs battle

You'll see how cute I am

Please keep on trucking is a battle plan

KOT!!

B

Ummm....
04 May 2017 17:12

MayanHamisgaber

bardichev wrote on 01 Sep 2010 17:58:
I WROTE THIS TO OVADIA

bardichev wrote on 01 Sep 2010 16:29:

I don’t know what yidishkiet is, but I now know that it is not about feeling good. 

yiddishkite

is about serving Hashem

who can serve Hashem?

HUMANS

now being Jewish gives you an edge

for 2 reasons

#1 you get the instruction book the Torah(rambam shilchan aruch etc)

#2 you dna has it patterned in fro our forfathers and even you own parents and grandparents

but lets go back to HUMANS

Humans run on two tracks one is specific calulated thought and the other is emotional feeling that involves no rationalizing

as long as you are Human you will FEEL things

love hate fear graditude lonliness happiness inferior  fear  excitement etc etc

humans crave enjoyment

yup we do

HASHEM made us that way

your job as a jew is to find enjoyment in your serving HASHEM

oh its not so easy

why?

there is an obstacle course out there

set up by HASHEM to "challange" you

so you will have to actually work hard

that is also a Human thing

that we only "enjoy" what we actually work for

so my good chaver

why is it so difficult??

aha!!  you will only find the enjoyment AFTER you worked worked worked without any feeling

of enjoyment or success

keep on trucking

bardichev

04 May 2017 17:46

MayanHamisgaber

an excerpt from a post

bardichev wrote on 08 Oct 2010 15:40:
 please keep the good spirit alive

only with simcha we will prevail

we are not here to become angels

we are here to be holier than animals

keep on trucking

git shabbos git choidesh

your best friend

who loves all of you ahavas nefesh

bardichev
04 May 2017 21:21

MayanHamisgaber

bardichev wrote on 10 Aug 2011 14:24:
ok here is some straight forward chizzuk

look in the mirror

talk to yourself

(make sure no one is around or they will send u to bellvue)

scream loWDLY!!!!

I AM NO ONE'S FAULT!!!

again

I AM nones fault

life is meant to be lived  in the present

not in the past

i will deal with my issues nisyonos hangups addictions habits middos ghosts dibbukim (pick your flavor)

as they come

in real time

i am no ones fault

i will not blame ny lackof shmiras eye-naim

not on the neighbor,the cleaning lady ,tthe shvigger,the rebbetzin,the queen,the stewardess,

i will not blame the internet the iphone the blackbery the wii the psp the the ipad pad ped pid pud

i actually don't even need to blame

did anyone ever tell a orthopedist

that the sidewalk was too hard??!!

did anyone tell a heart doctor ??!! the cholint was too fatty??

maybe they did

does it help if it someones fault ??no!!!

so why are we sitting around crying

keep on trucking
04 May 2017 23:03

MayanHamisgaber

Found out what happened....

ZemirosShabbos wrote on 24 Sep 2012 02:51:
From the rebbe reb b:

Hello zemiros

Im sure you have been scratching your head wondering ehere in the world I am

Well maybe I shud be a little humble and think that maybe im not missed

Well I do owe a bit of explaining

HERE GOES

Bederech she-adam rotzeh laylech bo molichin oso

I have for years struggle with the poison the death pill known as internet addiction

The follies and fables of my rises and falls are well documented in bardichevs battle and in many other threads of the forum

Enough cannot be said of the wonderful forum the goodness it provides the help the comeraderie

It was my rescue parachute from living a life I couldn’t stand

A life for self torment

I found many like minded fine wonderful people there

I made great strides

I was somewhat of a fake folk hero

I changed my habits

BUT!!

I didn’t change

About a year ago after 2 and a half years on the forum

After speaking to and meeting so many of the chaveirim here

After posting over 5000 posts ( not counting the ones that were removed HEH HEH..)

After giving and receiving so much chizzuk

After joining the Yiddish forum

After becoming a moderator

Through a sequence of events

Through a sequence of gut-wrenching events

Through a sequence of gut-wrenching miraculous events

I was at a cross road where I was going to head with continuing on the forum or not

I will keep a good portion of this story to myself

It was best decided that I leave the forum

Zemmy,I am now in a place called Realville,KY

Yeah it’s a stones throw from bardstown

Actually im not in kenticky at all

The only thing I have from Kentucky is some good shnapps

In what I call realville

Is plain life

I deal with problems and with successes as they come

Im not a victim

Im no ones fault

Im not the result or the reaction of anyones deeds or misdeeds

Im not a subject

Im a person

I make decisions

Good and bad

I eat my words sometimes

I make people smile

I cry

I laugh

I dance

I drink woodford

No one is responsible for anyone of my weaknesses vices or seemingly addictive behaviors

I have become a better person

A better husband

A better father

A better son

A better Jew

No longer do I feel the urge to tell the world how I feel

Or what to feel

Or explain the addictive nature of the addictviling addictive addiction

Or the addiction to the addiction

Or the addiction to that

Im out

Im in the the school of hard knocks

Im a scrappy little foot soldier

That rolls with the punches and picks up from where he left off

I try to live each and every day to be meaningful and real

I had 3 major things happen to me in the past half year

One was citi field

Two was losing weight

Three was taking up daf yomi

Citi field was really a huge chizzuk

I haven’t been on the forum since December

Knowing our chevra im sure it was looked at with a bit disdain

But to me it was a huge chizzuk

Losing weight was a result of a exercise and diet regimen

I learned in realville that we are in control of everything we do

No we are not guaranteed results

But the chances of losing weight is a lot greater when you do 1 hour exercise every day

Much greater than eating parve cheese curls and doctor pepper

The daf was a natural extension of the exercise

I said

Hey u can do the exercise

You can do the daf

I was sitting in the metlife stadium during the siyum hashas

A buddy texted me

Hey di u wanna start the daf tomorrow

I said

Yup

And BH

We have been at it 52 days since kayn yirbu

Ok where do we go from here?

Lessons learned

Addicts need addicts

We need one another just to see that we are not crazy

We can not stay at the healing addict level forever (dov my brither I don’t mean you)

We gotta face the world

We gotta face the daemons

It will be hard

But come clean to your spouse

She will be more supportive than u can imagine

Live life

Live life

Just keep plugging at it

There are no downfalls

There are no set becks

There are just opportunities to rise to a new level

Live life in realville

Don’t be prisoner to any so called addiction

Real or imagined

And don’t be chained to recovery either

It is erev yom kipper

There is no greater time than now

Take all the lessenons that we learnrd on the forum

And APPLY THEM!!!!

As dov taught us

The program works for those who work the program

U are not the prisoner of amyones jail

Only the shackles of our own imagined ones

Break free and rise like an eagle

Soer to greater heights that you have not even imagined

May you and all the chevra be gebentched witgh a gut gebentcheter yur

Only Simcha bracha and nachas

And if things are seemingly not going the way u imagined

Nu nu

Keep on trucking!!

Ony Simcha!!

You are no ones fault!!!

Gmar chssima tovah
Displaying 1561 - 1580 out of 1801 results.
Time to create page: 6.97 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes