Welcome, Guest

New! GYE private online groups
(0 viewing) 
This board is for the webmaster of GYE to make important announcements.

Feel free to comment UNDER the announcements, but new threads are not allowed in this board.

TOPIC: New! GYE private online groups 2426 Views

Re: New! GYE private online groups 16 Mar 2022 09:55 #378684

• simplejew66
  • Current streak: 9 days
  • Senior Boarder
Chaim I understand we you are coming from. You have every right to run your website as you choose. However, some of us don't want an "Agudah" which is why I think the other group is helpful. Personally I have always been more comfortable in a less conformist shul with more room for self expression. 
So you want your forum to have these rules, I respect that. However,  its not for everybody.

Re: New! GYE private online groups 16 Mar 2022 11:07 #378689

• bego
  • Platinum Boarder
. Anthropomorphizing the yetzer hara, by the way, has plenty of parallels/sources,

Very true. I just feel that sometimes here, the poor yester hora (our inner mind) gets a poor rap. 
I came.
I saw
I conquered.
I failed. 
Too much I. 

Re: New! GYE private online groups 16 Mar 2022 14:33 #378697

• chaimmod
  • Administrator
simpleJew66 wrote on 16 Mar 2022 09:55:
Chaim I understand we you are coming from. You have every right to run your website as you choose. However, some of us don't want an "Agudah" which is why I think the other group is helpful. Personally I have always been more comfortable in a less conformist shul with more room for self expression. 
So you want your forum to have these rules, I respect that. However,  its not for everybody.

Your point is valid and well taken. 
There is no such thing as creating a single product that satisfies all needs, tastes and styles. Therefore we are "experimenting" different approaches, platforms and services to be able to address as many groups and needs as possible with the help of Hashem and the support of our dedicated members. 

Re: New! GYE private online groups 23 Mar 2022 17:25 #378973

Shteeble wrote on 15 Mar 2022 06:29:
Can someone put me right side up please?

What is Cordnoy's group?

What are these new private online groups?

Are these two things one and the same?

Can someone please post some cliff notes on the subject?

I think I read all the public posts on these two threads, but I'm still confused. Maybe because I read everything backwards (as in most recent posts).

I was wondering the same thing; it's hard to keep track of all the comings and goings. I struggle finding the "turn on" button for the computer, and don't get me started with the choices I need to make as to which browser to use. In the AOL disc age, it was so much easier; they actually held your hand as you logged on.

Re: New! GYE private online groups 23 Mar 2022 17:27 #378974

bego wrote on 14 Mar 2022 17:20:

cordnoy wrote on 14 Mar 2022 16:56:
Thank you

I was thinkin' of disbandin' my Cord's "No Strings Attached" group, for although it is pretty active, and it's full of triggerin' material, cussin' language and the real hard-core (pervert!) truth from some, I was receivin' some messages that it's waterin' down the forum, as there is a predominance of "I'm about to have a nefilah," "have you tried net-spark/nanny with a bios MAC metadata with no access to the tomato router firmware with an option of UEFI support?," or "You're a hero! Celebrate in Temishvar! The malachim are singin' shirah." [Those are all good, positive, productive stuff.]

But now that the forum will have 3.063 people per space, as of the 46 options above, unless you checked off "all of the above" (which I was thinkin' of doin'), you will be in a space together with 2 other folks, plus a percentage of a third (I'm actually surprised that there wasn't a section for identifyin' genders), I think I will keep the Strings intact for the moment, for there, all of you are welcome.

Public disclaimer: It is my responsibility to moderate the forum, I don't make universal site decisions; there are many folk who are much smarter and more experienced than I who do that for a livin'. I am not pokin' fun at their announcement; I am simply postin' in order to illicit response and to get people talkin'.

People

If you don't get Cord's points, you're really missing something.

Cord - I only log in here to see if you or Trouble have posted. You make me want to actually be a better Jew and he makes me laugh. Sometimes, you both do the other one :-)

Would be nice if we can get the five of you on at the same time for one of those webinars or something.

Re: New! GYE private online groups 24 Mar 2022 16:41 #379045

• bego
  • Platinum Boarder
WhenZaidyWasYoung wrote on 23 Mar 2022 17:27:

bego wrote on 14 Mar 2022 17:20:

cordnoy wrote on 14 Mar 2022 16:56:
Thank you

I was thinkin' of disbandin' my Cord's "No Strings Attached" group, for although it is pretty active, and it's full of triggerin' material, cussin' language and the real hard-core (pervert!) truth from some, I was receivin' some messages that it's waterin' down the forum, as there is a predominance of "I'm about to have a nefilah," "have you tried net-spark/nanny with a bios MAC metadata with no access to the tomato router firmware with an option of UEFI support?," or "You're a hero! Celebrate in Temishvar! The malachim are singin' shirah." [Those are all good, positive, productive stuff.]

But now that the forum will have 3.063 people per space, as of the 46 options above, unless you checked off "all of the above" (which I was thinkin' of doin'), you will be in a space together with 2 other folks, plus a percentage of a third (I'm actually surprised that there wasn't a section for identifyin' genders), I think I will keep the Strings intact for the moment, for there, all of you are welcome.

Public disclaimer: It is my responsibility to moderate the forum, I don't make universal site decisions; there are many folk who are much smarter and more experienced than I who do that for a livin'. I am not pokin' fun at their announcement; I am simply postin' in order to illicit response and to get people talkin'.

People

If you don't get Cord's points, you're really missing something.

Cord - I only log in here to see if you or Trouble have posted. You make me want to actually be a better Jew and he makes me laugh. Sometimes, you both do the other one :-)

Would be nice if we can get the five of you on at the same time for one of those webinars or something.

I publicly declare that I have nothing to add. Honest. 
I came.
I saw
I conquered.
I failed. 
Too much I. 
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes