Welcome, Guest

Mazal Tov! Who has presents?
(0 viewing) 
This board is for the webmaster of GYE to make important announcements.

Feel free to comment UNDER the announcements, but new threads are not allowed in this board.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mazal Tov! Who has presents? 6897 Views

Mazal Tov! Who has presents? 25 Feb 2009 12:05 #3260

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Mazal Tov! We welcomed a new baby boy to our family this morning - Alef Adar.

Mishenichnas Adar Marbim Be'Simcha!

I'm sure you all want to wish me a great big Mazal Tov and wish you could do something special for me. So I'm indeed going to be selfish and ask you all to give me something special in honor of this happy day: I want to ask each and every person on this forum, in honor of the new baby - and to show me just how much you really appreciate the GUE network, TO MAKE A NEW PUSH FOR IT TODAY, AND PROMISE YOURSELVES NEVER EVER EVER TO GIVE UP IN THIS STRUGGLE, NO MATTER WHAT!

Just by way of example, here's one amazing gift I got: Today is the last day of Jack's half-a-year milestone. Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!

If you want, you can post your fresh resolve and new Kabbalos below. Those are the gifts I will take with me to the bris IY"H next week when we are Zoche to bring another holy Jewish soul into the covenant of Avraham Avinu.

Your parents circumcised you when you were 8 days old. But the real question is: Are you ready now to circumcise your heart for Hashem?

P.S. If I am unable to post as often as usual in the coming days, I ask everyone's forgiveness, I'm sure you understand.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 27 Feb 2009 14:44 by .

Re: Mazal Tov! Who has presents? 25 Feb 2009 14:03 #3267

• me
MAZEL TOV!!!!

Tizkeh L'hachniso B'briso shel A"A. B'ito U'bizmano, U'lhagdilo L'Torah, Chupah, U'Lmaasim Tovim!

you may wish to  invite me to be the sandek. (unless of course you weren't intending on inviting me at all.)

I'm sure you all want to wish ME a great big Mazal Tov and wish you could do something special for ME. So I'm indeed going to be selfish and ask you all to give ME something special in honor of this happy day. After all, you guys all owe ME something

I like what you wrote here: Don't think it wasn't without Chachmah that I chose this name. "ME"

Last Edit: by .

Re: Mazal Tov! Who has presents? 25 Feb 2009 14:17 #3268

• battleworn
MAZEL TOV!!! You should be zocheh to unlimited nachas! and all the brochos that people give you should be fulfilled!

Re: Mazal Tov! Who has presents? 25 Feb 2009 14:55 #3270

• Mevakesh Hashem
Wow! Mazel Tov! On Rosh Chodesh Adar, no less!

In honor of the birth of this extremely holy Neshama into Klal Yisroel, I hereby proclaim to Hashem and to my  dear brothers on this forum and to all of to Klal Yisroel, that I intend to intensify my resolve in living according to the will of Hakadosh Baruch Hu!

I also proclaim that I will intensify my Tefilos on behalf of all of those that are still struggling, and I will beseech Melech Malchei HaMelachim to give all the warriors on this forum the strength, commitment, resolve and perseverence to overcome their personal struggles and defeat their personal Yeter Haras.

Lastly, I proclaim that I will try my best to do my part to personally  help as many Yidden as i can in helping them win this terrible war!

Dear "newborn son of GUARD" , Ashrecha V'Ashrei Chelkecha that you have been born into the finest Mishpacha Klal Yisroel has to offer! Don't treat your Yichus lightly, as it will serve you well in your life ahead.

Mazel Tov!!! Maythe Bris be B'Ito U'Bizmano

Chazak V'Ematz!

Re: Mazal Tov! Who has presents? 25 Feb 2009 15:05 #3273

• Binyomin5766
MAZEL TOV!  MAZEL TOV!

I know we're supposed to increase our simcha in Adar, and you can't beat that for increasing simcha!

You should merit to see your son bring you great nachas!

As I approach my next milestone, I resolve to make more effort to guard my eyes in regards to TV and movies.  I plan to do so by increasing my Torah study during times when I would normally watch the box with my family.

Re: Mazal Tov! Who has presents? 25 Feb 2009 15:07 #3274

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
MAZAL TOV! A SACH NACHAS!! THIS BOY DOESN'T KNOW HOW LUCKY HE IS!

(and what do you mean you won't have as much time for us? i know you - you'll manage to find the time!)

Re: Mazal Tov! Who has presents? 25 Feb 2009 15:11 #3275

• Mevakesh Hashem
Jack, now that the new baby is here, we on the forum have "middle child" status! :-)

Re: Mazal Tov! Who has presents? 25 Feb 2009 16:35 #3284

• the.guard
Thank you so much Ben for the beautiful present! I am truly touched - I mean it.

And thank you so much Mevakesh for your gift - although I don't know how you can still do more, you are already doing so much!!

Thank you Jack for reaching half a year. That is the most precious gift EVER to me!

Thank you ME for the amazing gift that you gave me last night (you know what I mean, but I don't know if you want me to post it here).

And thank you battleworn for the heartfelt bracha!

We're off to visit the mother and son :-) Sorry for the delay in the Chizuk e-mail today, I'll send it out in a few hours Bl"n...

BTW. This is child #6 = Vav = Yesod (according to Kabbalah).
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Mazal Tov! Who has presents? 25 Feb 2009 16:42 #3286

• me
I also have 6, so 6 + 6 for the 12 shvatim.

Re: Mazal Tov! Who has presents? 25 Feb 2009 18:17 #3292

• ano nymous
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazal Tov Guard!!! Today is 14 weeks for me. I'm sure you can find some significance to that. This baby is very lucky indeed.

Re: Mazal Tov! Who has presents? 25 Feb 2009 19:27 #3300

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
dear guard, your caring for me humbles me. and it keeps me going.to know that there is someone out there who actually cares about ME, ME, really is what keeps me going more than any other ingredient in this battle. thanks, really. jack

Re: Mazal Tov! Who has presents? 25 Feb 2009 20:33 #3303

• Ykv_schwartz
Mazel Tov Guard.  As I start my third week clean, in honor of your new baby boy, I take upon myself an extra chumra in the areas of kedusha.  May the kedusha you infused within us, be infused in your boy, and your entire family and permeate to the entire world.  You should see lots of nachas from all your children. 

Re: Mazal Tov! Who has presents? 25 Feb 2009 20:33 #3304

• Shomer
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Guard,

Mazel Tov on being zoche to bring another haylega neshama into this world.  Tizku l'gadlo l'Torah u'lchupa u'lmasim tovim.  Hashem should continue to shower you with much bracha & hatzlacha in the merit of the tremendous hatzolas nefashos you are achieving through this worthy endeavor.  

Guard, I do not like making kabalos that I am not sure I will be able to keep, but in honer of this tremendous simcha, I will make a kabbalah and bezras Hashem will keep it.  For you Guard ... I WILL get to 90 days ... period

Your son should grow to be a true gadol b'Torah and be a true source of nachas to his parents and to all of klal yisroel.

Re: Mazal Tov! Who has presents? 25 Feb 2009 21:22 #3306

• the.guard
Thank you so much Shomer. Your Kabbala brought tears to my eyes!

And thank you so much Yaakov Shwartz, and Jack and Ano. I love you guys all so much! May Hashem shower us with new strengths! But even more than that, may he give us the will power and simcha to jump in to the yam Suf, even when it's hard and even when it hurts. And THAT'S when we're Zoche to see it split before our very eyes!

In honor of the birth I will reveal to everyone one of the deepest secrets to winning this battle: The moment a person decides that no matter how much it hurts or how bitter it is - he will do it anyway for Hashem's sake no matter what, you know what happens then? It actually becomes SWEET!
Last Edit: 25 Feb 2009 23:41 by .

Re: Mazal Tov! Who has presents? 25 Feb 2009 21:28 #3308

• boruch
guardureyes wrote on 25 Feb 2009 12:05:

If you want, you can post your fresh resolve and new Kabbalos below. Those are the gifts I will take with me to the bris IY"H next week when we are Zoche to bring another holy Jewish soul into the covenant of Avraham Avinu.

Guard,
I came on this forum, thanks to Shomer who in turn is on here and very much with the program thanks to you.

So you want a kabbolo? You already got a lot out of me. 36 full days ago I came on to this forum, after 36 years of wavering, committed to doing whatever it takes to achieve a permanent azivas hachet and nothing less. At the time, I wasn't making that commitment for you, but I made the commitment and you have that zechus. Over the last 5 weeks this forum has helped me enhance that commitment and it helped me come to grips with my issues around the 12 steps. So you have that zechus too. So what more zechusim can I give you? What next step can I take in honor of your son's bris?

Here's my small gift to the Eibishter in honor of your big Simcha. Without getting into she'eilos of nedorim and bli neder, following this last post using  Internet Explorer and beginning immediately I will begin to improve my spiritual hygeine by a small first step.

As Phase I, I will shift all non-work, nonfinancial and non-shopping Internet viewing including my posts on these forums to Firefox with AdBlock Plus and in addition to standard lists for AdBlock Plus, I will, ASAP, block all images with any female representation, regardless of how tzniusdik or pareve they may seem to be. And if Firefox does not work well or does not work at all, then that will be my small korban to the Eibishter in honor of your son's bris...

Besho'oh tovo umutzlachas, shetizku legadlo leTorah, Yiras Shomayim v'Yiras Chet, leChupa ulemaasim tovim.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.78 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes