Welcome, Guest

Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 75548 Views

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 22 Mar 2010 11:34 #59216

• 123.trying.123
  • Current streak: 10 days
  • Platinum Boarder
guardureyes wrote on 21 Mar 2010 18:12:

Today during mincha, I heard a child crying away outside the shtiblach for like 15 minutes straight. After davening, as I was leaving, I saw the father come out and berate his kid (who was sitting weeping on the steps) for disturbing his davening, and impatiently motioning for him to follow him...

Don't worry we'll be getting to know that kid in a couple of years when he hits this forum as messed up as anything....

Hashem Yerachem!!!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 22 Mar 2010 11:38 #59217

• 123.trying.123
  • Current streak: 10 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Reb Eye,

Was reading through these last few posts and my eyes became teary....

So much hardship, yet so much feeling and Sheifa...
You have a beautiful Neshama...

(Sorry for being so emotional... :-[ :-[ I couldn't help it )

Peace and Love holy bro...

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 22 Mar 2010 17:18 #59253

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for all your replies.

Yesterday I took my kids out for a walk in the afternoon.  Ended up getting back later than expected.  I called my wife to see how she was doing and if she had tried to call.  "I'm half way home!  I'll be there in 20 minutes"  She came home earlier than expected.  MUCH earlier.  (We thought it would be at least another 2 weeks).

Baruch Hashem.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 22 Mar 2010 18:34 #59258

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
MIN HAMEITZAR, KARASI KAH, ANEINI B'MERCHAV KAH!!

HODOO LAHASHEM KI TOV, KI L'OLAM CHASDO!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 22 Mar 2010 19:38 #59266

• Dov
  • Administrator
Now that she's home, change gears, take it more calmly than ever now, and keep on trucking, as they say...
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 22 Mar 2010 20:06 #59273

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
Yesterday I took my kids out for a walk in the afternoon.  Ended up getting back later than expected.  I called my wife to see how she was doing and if she had tried to call.  "I'm half way home!  I'll be there in 20 minutes"  She came home earlier than expected.  MUCH earlier.  (We thought it would be at least another 2 weeks).

Well, you learned the lessons Hashem wanted you to learn MUCH FASTER than expected  ;D

Make sure to keep them now, tzadik!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 23 Mar 2010 05:55 #59347

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eye.nonymous wrote on 22 Mar 2010 17:18:

Baruch Hashem.

Barucy HaShem!

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 23 Mar 2010 06:44 #59352

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm so glad to hear she was able to make it home!

Now you get to know what cheirus feels like!!!

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 24 Mar 2010 15:22 #59520

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
WHAT NOW!

I was wondering.  While my wife was away, I was doing everything.

Now, she's back.  If I don't keep on doing everything, am I being lazy and selfish?  Or am I being crazy?

I was very confused.

So, I just asked my wife.  "What am I supposed to do now?"

She said that she doesn't really WANT me doing the dishes and the laundry and the cooking.  She can do it just fine.  If I help out sometimes, it's appreciated.  But, it's not where I should be putting my energy.

Then, she spelled out the type of help around the house that she would consider helpful.  Things that perhaps I have more of a knack for than she does.

And not to disappear when she needs me most--bed time, etc.

So, that question seems answered.

--Eye.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 24 Mar 2010 20:56 #59552

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
That is truly great!!  KOT!!

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 25 Mar 2010 03:08 #59594

• Dov
  • Administrator
"...and not to disappear around bedtime"

Ouch! Now that's been heard around my household plenty! I commiserate with you, pal, cuz growing up is really tough for me, too!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 25 Mar 2010 08:32 #59604

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
It's great that you have such good communication with your wife... and even greater that your heart has such good communication with your brain!  :D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 25 Mar 2010 17:21 #59633

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
guardureyes wrote on 25 Mar 2010 08:32:

and even greater that your heart has such good communication with your brain!  :D

Yeah, I think this is a new development.

Eye.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 27 Mar 2010 20:38 #59760

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
148.  Shavua Tov.

While my wife was away in the hospital with our baby, I had another realization about "Don't talk, don't trust, don't feel."  I think, besides "not feeling," it could also mean that you're feelings become entangled with other people's feelings.  Instead of trusting yourself, you're double-checking or second-guessing what other people think.

I started to notice just how much I defer decisions to my wife.  How long CAN our son play at his friend's house.  CAN our daughter play outside with her friends now.  SHOULD we put the kids to bed now or wait until later.  And other things like this.  I was alone, so I HAD to go with my own instincts.  I AM trying to be responsible, so even if my opinion is different, It's not like I'm doing anything WRONG!  It was a liberating thought.

Shavua Tov,

--Eye.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 27 Mar 2010 20:43 #59762

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
I was thinking... it might look like my posts don't really belong on GYE anymore.  I don't often write about having that URGE, or slips, or falls.

I'm not writing much about that wrestling match with my eyeballs while walking down the street or while sitting in front of the computer.

BUT, I would say that my posts DO belong here!  Why?

We turn to our addictive behavior instead of coping with life.

So, I'm writing about how I'm coping with life (hopefully in a healthy way) which is the key to staying clean.

I'm writing about the realizations I'm having that help life's difficulties seem less difficult--which results in less Restlessness Irritability and Discontent--which results in less lusting.

--Eye.

Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes