Welcome, Guest

Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 75546 Views

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 09 Mar 2010 15:14 #57133

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
You just replace RID with TYO (Tzadik Yesod Olam)!  :D

what a guy, this eye...
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 09 Mar 2010 18:07 #57154

• Dov
  • Administrator
Reb Eyeball, shlit"a

Whenever I get resentful at my wife, I react by cleaning something in our house, vacuuming, doing laundry, or spending quality time with our children. I need to do it right away without thinking about it...there's just no other way for me to stay sane sometimes than giving selflessly - especially when I know that she's in no mood to be nicer to me as a result!
Get it?
Sounds like you have happenned upon this basic idea, already, oh great Optic one. 
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 09 Mar 2010 18:18 #57158

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
If I am Eye...

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 09 Mar 2010 18:38 #57161

• Dov
  • Administrator
guardureyes wrote on 08 Mar 2010 21:03:

dov wrote on 08 Mar 2010 20:58:

He does.
It's a befeirisheh gemorrah in Sanhedrin, 40-something b:
Amar RYB"L: "Kol hazoveiach yitzro ...something, something...is better than all the korbanos"! (or something like that....hey, I'm not a talmid chochom, just an addict in recovery, what do you expect?)

Here's something similar: www.guardureyes.com/GUE/Images/GUE.jpg

Just E-daf'd it - What I was quoting above is Sanhedrin 43b at the top, and Rashi is mashma that it applies even (or specifically) if he was already oiver in the past, as in "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me". Tell me what you think. I posted about it before once and connected the next gemorrah to this ma'amar, BTW. Seeya!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 10 Mar 2010 13:22 #57326

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 10 Mar 2010 14:15 #57333

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
wow. that's a real mystical number. cuz it can be read backwards and get the same result. Kabbalists just eat this stuff up.

Here's looking at YOU, Eye...
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 10 Mar 2010 22:37 #57437

• Dov
  • Administrator
eno ytriht eno?

Please nailpxe!

PS. Mazel Toova, Mr Eye!
Last Edit: 10 Mar 2010 22:42 by .

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 11 Mar 2010 13:32 #57511

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder

Which, in a different tziruf, is as easy as 123.

We're having some work done and we're really quite unimpressed about quite a few things.

It's really easy to just blast the workers with a ton of complaints.

I decided, "It's not going to accomplish anything.  Nothing good will come out of it."

This got RID of lots of frustration and resentment.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 12 Mar 2010 08:30 #57842

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 12 Mar 2010 17:49 #57894

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Have a Great Shabbos on 134.

Do me a favor? Make sure that I never catch up to you, OK? like on a really scary rollercoaster, it's nice to see someone in the car ahead of you...

Peace, bro,

Steve
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 12 Mar 2010 20:38 #57925

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eye.nonymous wrote on 11 Mar 2010 13:32:
It's really easy to just blast the workers with a ton of complaints.

I decided, "It's not going to accomplish anything.  Nothing good will come out of it."

This got RID of lots of frustration and resentment.

Could you please speak a little more about HOW you turned RID into overlooking it?  I seem to find a need to PUT that RID rather than dissolve it or banish it. And sometimes it's hard to find a place. (Kick the dog?? I don't have one, by the way.)

Was it really enough that you said "enough already" to yourself, or was there something more?  Please PM if you can, too. Thx.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 13 Mar 2010 20:31 #57950

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Today is 134.

Yes, it was a good Shabbos.

NOTHING WENT MY WAY!!!  I love it!

I've been getting used to saying this:

"It looks like today isn't going to go my way!"

"THIS isn't going to go my way!"

I was just writing something on the computer and it crashed when I was just about finished.

"THIS isn't going my way!"

It's eliminating an awfully lot of anger and frustration...  which eliminates lots of the "urge" to act out.

Funny, I'm always amazed at how often a piece of chizzuk I write to someone IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEED to save myself soon afterwards.

I just recently posted on a different thread that a root of our problem is anger, and the anger comes because THINGS DON'T GO OUR WAY!

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 13 Mar 2010 21:02 #57954

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
shkoyach, Eye!
that is great chizuk!
and a really helpful to view things.
gut voch!

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 13 Mar 2010 21:04 #57955

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
unbelievable...
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 14 Mar 2010 12:24 #58040

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder

Today is yet another day that definitely isn't going my way.

I've had a little insight.  Some people try to get rid of anger by saying, "This, too, is for the best... everything that Hashem does is for the best."

But, I think you need to make way for this.  FIRST you have to accept, "Things aren't going to go my way."  Sur M'ra, before Asei Tov.

Otherwise you say, "this is for the best ...BUT IT CAN'T BE BECAUSE IT'S NOT WHAT I WANTED!!!"

I've tried to think "this is for the best" before, but I haven't ever felt so much of a change as I feel now, thinking "things aren't going to go my way."

So, I think that's the explanation.

On a different note, I'll admit that I slipped recently.

Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes