Welcome, Guest

Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 75527 Views

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 04 Feb 2010 22:28 #51267

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
dov wrote on 04 Feb 2010 17:52:

Who in their right mind would look to me as a teacher, anyway?

Rebbi, are you saying i dont have a right mind??  :-\ :-\  :-[ :-[

And Eye, any mehalech you choose is fine with me!! As long as your rollin. And it seems your doin all right with that!!

KUTGW!!!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 04 Feb 2010 22:29 #51268

• Dov
  • Administrator
I am rolling indeed - right into bardy's pub!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 04 Feb 2010 22:31 #51271

• bardichev
dov wrote on 04 Feb 2010 22:29:

I am rolling indeed - right into bardy's pub!

REBBEREBBER=DOV

BRING MOMO ALONG

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 04 Feb 2010 22:32 #51274

• Dov
  • Administrator
methinks he is sleeping....sweet dreams, Momo! 
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 05 Feb 2010 08:18 #51347

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder

Day 98.

I was thining that this AA, forever vulnerable, seems to be very much in line with Chazal.

1.  The yeitzer is misgaver on a person every day.
2.  Without Hashem's help, we can't withstand it.

I don't mean "vulnerable" like paranoid vulnerable.  I mean "vulnerable" in a sobering sort of way.  Like, if you know that you'll get electricuted by touching the socket with wet hands, you're afraid to do it AND you won't do it.  You're not paranoid about electric sockets all day long.  But, I've uncovered a lot of triggers for what they are--electric sockets.  I'm done playing games "If I only do this, it won't be a problem," "If I stop at this point, I'll be okay."  STARTING, and starting ANYTHING distantly related to lust is a trigger.

Much earlier in my struggles, like when I was 15 or something, I did lots of introspection and lots of thinking about how bad this addiction is (I had a really influential youth group leader/rav).  I realized that THINKING ABOUT IT was driving me TO DO IT, though I was trying to analyze it and avoid it.

I decided for a long time NOT to think about it.

I built myself up in other areas.

After a long time I had a strong enough self image to give some thought to this struggle again.

I could try my best not to act out, but shrug it off if I did mess up.

I think if way back then I would try to do what I was doing NOW, it might have just broken me further.  No matter what, I would have interepreted any imperfection as, "you're no good!"

On another point, I see a great benefit in this "vulnerable" feeling.  I am turning to Hashem informally, and much more often than I used to.  I feel my emunah is growing in a very real way, though slowly.  I have never felt before so tangibly that Hashem is actually a part of my life.  And, if this is the result of vulnerability, I'd gladly keep it.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 05 Feb 2010 09:38 #51367

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Its funny that as we get along in this struggle what we come up with. R Shlomo Wolbe in a letter to a bochur struggling with tese issues writes that the number one thing is not to think about it!! Baruch shkivantah!!

Have a great shabbos, and i love you man. Im learning so much from you and for that i wanna thank you! THANK YOU!!

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 05 Feb 2010 14:35 #51434

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eye, thank you for giving us a window into your thinking.  It really helps me.  KUTGW!!  I love that you are walking with G-d and realize it.  Have a great shabbos.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 06 Feb 2010 20:50 #51540

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Today is day 99.

I slipped recently.  One of those things that you don't realize how stupid it was until after the fact.

Definitely a slip though.  Not getting down about it.  Just will try to be more careful in the future.

--Eye

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 06 Feb 2010 21:02 #51546

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
The fact that you notice your slips and are taking them into account shows how far youve come!!

Keep on rollin my dear friend!

A gutte voch!

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 07 Feb 2010 04:11 #51636

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
kutgw!!!  99 WOW!!

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 07 Feb 2010 06:25 #51654

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi

A couple of things.

Dov, I love you too, and I'm always fine with whatever you say. Thanks for your clarification and acceptance of different approaches. I wasn't trying to say which is the "right" approach either, because I don't think there is one. Each person has to find the approach that works best for him/her. I'm so glad you found an approach that works for you. You're right; I am trying the best I can. However, I'm still trying to find the approach that works for me where I am at now. I'm dabbling with a couple of things, and we'll see what happens.

Eye, since you like the vulnerability feeling and use it to get close to HaShem, it sounds like this is a good approach for you. But, listen to your heart (Y"hatov).
Eye, good you noticed the slip and stopped yourself. The biggest trick of the Y"H will be to tell you either that since you slipped, you might as well fall, or, that your slip was really a fall, so just fall further. Both are LIES, so don't listen to him!
Do as you're doing. Think how you slipped, make a better geder in that area, and keep on trucking.
99 is sooooo cool. 100 is cooler!

All the best,
MOMO

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 07 Feb 2010 13:43 #51676

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 07 Feb 2010 13:52 #51679

• bardichev
KEEP ON TRUCKIN 100

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 08 Feb 2010 00:53 #51807

• Dov
  • Administrator
Eye.nonymous wrote on 05 Feb 2010 08:18:
On another point, I see a great benefit in this "vulnerable" feeling.  I am turning to Hashem informally, and much more often than I used to.  I feel my emunah is growing in a very real way, though slowly.  I have never felt before so tangibly that Hashem is actually a part of my life.  And, if this is the result of vulnerability, I'd gladly keep it.

This idea and the way it was expressed require a big, fat l'chayim!!
What more could we ask for in those moments, Reb Eye? Nutin!

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 08 Feb 2010 01:58 #51833

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
KOT!!! and inspiring us!
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes