Welcome, Guest

Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 74104 Views

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 07 Jan 2010 17:33 #43432

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eye.nonymous wrote on 07 Jan 2010 13:40:

imtrying25 wrote on 06 Jan 2010 23:06:

Keep on rocking eye. Im learnig so much from all that you write.

And Rebbi you may be far from perfect, but at least your far. Some of us arent even far................................ :-[ :'(

Well, if you got yourself one of those golf-carts instead of a walker....

Very good Eyeballer. Got me rollin' :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Last Edit: by .

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 07 Jan 2010 17:35 #43434

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Vi'hevar ayin! Vi'ha'asid ad ayin!! Vi'hahoveh ki'heref ayin!! DA"AGAH MINAYIN????????????????????????

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 08 Jan 2010 01:20 #43608

• Dov
  • Administrator
There are a lot of bumps along the road. But living gets better and better, whether you like it or not. 
Just stick with it R' eyeball.
And your wife is really a gem.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 08 Jan 2010 02:43 #43632

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wonderful post.  Loved it.  KUTGW!!!

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 08 Jan 2010 08:08 #43701

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Momo wrote on 07 Jan 2010 14:12:

...and especially for your honesty.

Can't recover without it!

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 08 Jan 2010 08:18 #43702

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Today is day 70.  AYIN!!!

I've been feeling a little sick the past couple of days and I got this new realization. 

I've been feeling really tired and I have a really painful sore throat.

In the past, I would have focused on "OH, I feel so awful."  And I would have been grumpy all day.  OR, I would have done my best to ignore it, "I can manage!"

Yesterday it struck me--HEY, I have a sore throat and I feel tired.  BUT, I don' t have a headache; I can still think clearly.  And it's a nice day.  And I have a lot to be thankful for in life.  I have a wonderful wife and children.

It was a balance; looking at the negative and acknowledging it.  But also keeping it in perspective; weighing it up against all the good things in life.

THEN, I thought of a movie I saw a long time ago.  STAND AND DELIVER, about a teacher who took a class of dropouts and turned them around.  One part of the story was that they all passed the SATs with high marks, and the state made them take the test again because they thought the class must have all cheated.

It was based on a true story.

A story about an average class that stayed average wouldn't be interesting.  And it's not a story to be proud of.

What IS a good story?  When, against all odds, the heros overcome a challenge.

Then, I realized it's the same in life.  By overcoming the difficulties we're going to feel much more fufilled than if we just started off OK and ended up OK. 

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 08 Jan 2010 10:15 #43710

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I Love that name, STAND AND DELIVER!

And as Yehoshiya Hamelech said ULAY LIHAKIM!!! It is on me to stand it up!!

Have a great Shabbos eye and know that you inspire all of us, may you go from 70 to 80, t0 90, and as Buzz Lightyear would say "TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!"

Have a Good Shabbos

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 08 Jan 2010 12:44 #43756

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks eye on giving us these updates. I learn so much from them!! I really appreciate it!!

Have a Good Shabbos and keep on truckin.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 08 Jan 2010 14:54 #43787

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
Have a great shabbos.  Your post today is really reflective of how you have changed as a person since this journey has begun.  Keep it simple, live life, be thankful and keep working.  Stand and deliver is a great movie to teach you that honesty is the best policy and if we are not honest with ourselves in this struggle you wont get very far.  You inspire me as always to continue on.  I would tell you to feel better but I beleive even though your sick or not feeling right, you feel just fine on the inside.  (But feel better anyway.)

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 09 Jan 2010 17:20 #43875

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
A Gitte Voch Reb Eye!!! Hope your feeling better!!

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 09 Jan 2010 18:04 #43895

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
I've still got the sore throat and feeling tired.  You're right, Sci, I still feel OK on the inside.

Today is day 71.

I wanted to mention that something that confused me a while back was--how to relate to my daughter.  She's a little short of 7 years old, but confusing nonetheless for a sex addict.  On one hand kids need affection.  BUT, what's normal and what's not.

I wrote a PM to guard on this subject back then, and he directed me to a couple of messages to look at from other people who have been dealing with this problem.

I decided on a few guidelines that I needed, and I have stuck to them since then.  I feel much less confused now.

ALSO, I am also dealing with my addiction to computer use.  Here too, I set up a few guidelines and I have been sticking to them.  When I'm supposed to be working on the computer, I'm actually working.  I haven't satisfied myself with pseudo work or with escapism.  As a result, I have asserted myself; I have pursued a couple of possibilities that came up in the first place a long while ago.  One was a small job, but I still feel good about it to be doing a real job.  And the other is something I'm not sure what will come of it.  I keep saying, "I was on the computer for 2 hours, and I was WORKING for 2 hours!  I can't believe it!"

Good Voch to everyone.

--Eye.   

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 09 Jan 2010 18:22 #43900

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry your not feeling good.  :-\ :-\

Keep it up. I learn so much from your posts!! Did i say that already?? Well too bad. Its true. And its every post. So..................

Have a great week.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 10 Jan 2010 05:03 #43955

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
kutgw!!!  feel better

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 10 Jan 2010 06:05 #43970

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eye.nonymous wrote on 09 Jan 2010 18:04:

ALSO, I am also dealing with my addiction to computer use.  Here too, I set up a few guidelines and I have been sticking to them.  When I'm supposed to be working on the computer, I'm actually working.  I haven't satisfied myself with pseudo work or with escapism.  As a result, I have asserted myself; I have pursued a couple of possibilities that came up in the first place a long while ago.  One was a small job, but I still feel good about it to be doing a real job.  And the other is something I'm not sure what will come of it.  I keep saying, "I was on the computer for 2 hours, and I was WORKING for 2 hours!  I can't believe it!"

Shavua tov and refua shleima Eye!

Regarding what I quoted you, that's wonderful. As you know, I struggle with this too (not working at work). I wish I knew your secret how to work when you don't enjoy it and want to escape.
Do you enjoy your work?

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 10 Jan 2010 08:03 #43985

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I actually love my work, but somehow end up wasting soooo much time at work that I can't figure out where it all goes...

This troubles me greatly....

Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes