Welcome, Guest

Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 74017 Views

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 23 Dec 2009 23:11 #37434

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Eye.nonymous wrote on 23 Dec 2009 21:33:

I have k9 filter and my wife has the password and Guard is the E-mail address for it.

This evening I accidentally found the password.  I was looking through my wife's daily planner to find the number for the doctor where she took our daughter because I needed to reach her.  On one page I saw written, "Password:  etc."

I went to work at the computer.  The thought entered my mind to see if this was really the computer password.  But, I feared one thing would lead to another.  Besides, I really felt that IT'S NOT THE POINT TO PLAY "BEAT THE SYSTEM."  THE POINT IS--TO STAY CLEAN!!!  I'm not just trying NOT TO LOOK at this stuff, I'm trying to work on myself SO I DON'T WANT TO LOOK at this stuff.  And, I feel that I have made significant progress.

I didn't want to let my GUARD down.

My wife came home, and right during dinner I told her that I think I discovered the k9 password.  Right after dinner I asked her to go to the computer and change it.

She said I should write about it on the forum.

--Eye.

To paraphrase everything that Dov so eloquently wrote . . .

GEVALDIGGGGG!!!!!!!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by joenat.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 23 Dec 2009 23:53 #37451

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow. Wow, wow, wow.

I actually just cried reading your post. tears of joy that we (and by "we" I mean not just GYE, but klal yisroel) have people both like you, and your wife.

I feel so proud of being part of the same community as you.

I'm going to reference this on another post in my thread...
Last Edit: by whenlifegivesyoulemons.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 24 Dec 2009 00:00 #37453

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Eye.nonymous,

You just got yourself a huge chassid! You must have superpowers somewhere, I probably would have folded like a poker player with nothing but 7-high! You rock!

I also want to know how you are so open with your wife, and how she seems to really be helping you. I wish I could have that, but I can't imagine my wife's response to finding out about my problem! I've been back and forth on this dilemma for months, do I or do I not involve my wife? Could you describe to me what it was like and how you guys have been able to tackle this together?

Yumim al yimei meilech toiseif......

Haba

PS I'm a pretty good chassid to have, I don't shtell vayn, I shtell top shelf bourbon
Last Edit: by winnergold.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 24 Dec 2009 00:03 #37455

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
And by the way, Eye, with your new chassid, I think I'm going to have to come to your Tish, even though that's not usually my style...but for some top shelf bourbon, and some divrei hisorerus from the chashuve Reb Eye...
Last Edit: by yaakovk96.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 24 Dec 2009 07:37 #37561

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eye!
As was said, GEVALDIG!!
Kol hakavod to you and your wife!
For the trip,
the password...,
WOW!!
Last Edit: by yy25.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 24 Dec 2009 12:28 #37669

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow... so many responses just came out of the wood-ford!

Thanks!

-Eye.
Last Edit: by saturns.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 24 Dec 2009 12:39 #37676

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Remember that Rambam you learned about who is a true baal teshuva? One who has the same opportunity to sin, but doesn't because it's the wrong thing to do?

You've just done it.

Kol Hakavod Eye!
Last Edit: by m05b.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 24 Dec 2009 12:42 #37679

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow !!! Eye you are the man. I just got to read this. Im so jealous. Cant say that i would of been able to overcome the temptation. Your the apple of my eye. :D :D
Last Edit: by nemoc.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 24 Dec 2009 13:01 #37691

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
habaletaher wrote on 24 Dec 2009 00:00:

I also want to know how you are so open with your wife, and how she seems to really be helping you. I wish I could have that, but I can't imagine my wife's response to finding out about my problem! I've been back and forth on this dilemma for months, do I or do I not involve my wife? Could you describe to me what it was like and how you guys have been able to tackle this together?

I think the topic came out little by little.

We've always been discussing the dangers of having a computer with internet in our house against the benefits.

We needed to upgrade to high-speed internet (to keep up the the 4-meg family pictures coming in our E-mail box).  Besides that, I have convinced myself that we need the computer for parnoso.  We asked our Rav about it.  He said we shouldn't have internet without a filter.  He had actually had a recent encounter with Rav Twersky, and he told us that internet has been ruining fine Jewish homes like a plague.

It did take a while for me to admit that we needed a filter, though.

I got involved with GYE, at first really to find info about different filters.  It just seemed so complicated (but really it's very easy)

Considering I had a problem (which I only admitted then really to looking at women on the street) I signed up for the daily Chizuk E-mails.

I'll also say that my wife and I have been pretty open about discussing se*uality.  We both had some baggage coming into marriage, and we discussed it even on shidduchim (probably against the rules).

Neither of us really understood the danger of the internet, but we have both heard that families have been ruined by it.

[I think this could be a good starting point for other people to open up this topic with their wives]

From GYE, we learned exactly how.

I admitted that we need a filter.  My wife, who isn't stupid, suspected that I have had some exposure.

I admitted the truth (along with all the addict rationalizations, which softened the news).  I really only look once every so often, and even then it always seemed somehow unexpected.  But, of course I love you, and I'm not interested in the other women.

I told her that I wasn't looking all the time, but I had a specific fettish which got the best of me once in a while (these fettishes we had already discussed previously).

She wanted to throw out the computer.
(Especially after we installed a filter and I admitted right away that I had played the "beat the filter" game.)

I insisted on having another chance; that I needed to work on overcoming the addiction, and not just avoiding it.

She gave me a two-week trial period.  But if I didn't improve after that, we had to get rid of the computer.

Now I think we would both admit that I have recovered far more from my involvement in GYE than I ever would have if we just threw out the computer.
Last Edit: by jb2000.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 24 Dec 2009 13:04 #37692

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
...I'll also add that when I first joined the forum, it was kinda' weird.  I would tell my wife, "don't look, I'm writing something for GYE."  After a little while I admitted the irony (privacy on the computer isn't good), and she admitted she was interested in what I was doing.

I at least tell her my latest progress now, and often she reads what I have written.

Last Edit: by nate30.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 24 Dec 2009 13:13 #37694

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Fantistic!
What an amazing shidduch HaShem has given you.

And, this is my favorite line:
"Now I think we would both admit that I have recovered far more from my involvement in GYE than I ever would have if we just threw out the computer."

Keep it up Eye!
Last Edit: by chudoshelmachat1.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 24 Dec 2009 14:25 #37714

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh yeah...

Today is day 55.
Last Edit: by sj1861.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 24 Dec 2009 15:11 #37724

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Now you've made me cry in the morning!

It's a good thing I don't wear makeup (well, for lots of reasons, but now in particular!)
Last Edit: by markco.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 24 Dec 2009 16:05 #37737

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow eye. Everytime i read a post of yours i look up to you more and more. But please dont get to tall its gonna hurt my neck. :D :D :D :D
Last Edit: by abeklien.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 24 Dec 2009 16:52 #37759

• jerusalemsexaddict
Eye!!
You are the man
I am so impressed with you.
A true baal-teshuva in the making!
Can't wait to see u again man
-uri
Last Edit: by gabs8452.
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?