Welcome, Guest

Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 75505 Views

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 03 Aug 2009 11:21 #10505

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Excellent! I am proud of you for running of the house and installing the filter.

You just earned yourself a healthy Malach to testify good for you after 120 years!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 03 Aug 2009 11:31 #10508

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
A filter is step #1!! Are you reading the GYE handbook? This is very important.

May Hashem be with you. You are bringing Moshiach!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 03 Aug 2009 12:18 #10513

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
... I was in denial.
Last Edit: by Futurerabbi kitkit1.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 04 Aug 2009 01:42 #10595

• Holy Yid
  • Current streak: 92 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep the mind engaged and the soul content
I can tell you from experience that everyone here is in denial. Denial has many layers. We become aware that we cannot control ourselves on the internet but it hasn't really hit home yet. We may still take risks that we should not. The best is to get guidelines from someone else and stick to them no matter what.
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים
Last Edit: by eidelmeidel.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 04 Aug 2009 03:16 #10601

• Tomim2B
-- deleted --
Last Edit: 08 Jan 2010 19:00 by .

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 04 Aug 2009 16:04 #10682

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
I just had a fall playing with the new internet filter.

On the other hand, I saw some indecent pictures, but I didn't mast***, which is what I thought I started this count for.

Does this set me back to day 1?

Or do I make 3 charts?  1 for mast**, 1 for seeing indecent images, and one for seeing women on the street (which seems by far the hardest to judge).

Last Edit: by livingfree.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 04 Aug 2009 22:38 #10791

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
Please see rule #8 on this page: guardyoureyes.org/woh/WOHRules.php
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by chazakchazak.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 05 Aug 2009 16:23 #10905

Eye.N,

I'm with you on this trip.

Sounds like you had a slip, not a fall.

In any case, it takes time to change.

Main thing is to work on getting rid of the denial, realizing how putrid this habit is (that was the first word that came to my mind..) and working on stopping the lusting, period.

Take someone's thread and go through it from the beginning. It is an amazing source of chizuk. Anyone on this forum is gold, although some will speak to your neshama more than others.

I personally love Berdichev. His unsophisticated way of saying it the way it really is...

There must be an investment of time doing these things... can't expect years of negative investments to go away without the opposite... but the redeeming factor is that this effort will be REALLY enjoyable... once you get into it.

And of course, review the handbooks if possible.

with much admiration

kutan

Rashi, Breishis (10:25)
Last Edit: by Helping jew.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 05 Aug 2009 16:38 #10907

• bardichev
There must be an investment of time doing these things... can't expect years of negative investments to go away without the opposite... but the redeeming factor is that this effort will be REALLY enjoyable... once you get into it.

WELL SAID  !

I personally love Berdichev. His unsophisticated way of saying it the way it really is...

I LOVE THAT LITTLE MONKEY TOO!

YES HERE IS ONE LAST DOSE OF UN-SOFISTICATION

I LOVE MYSELF SO MUCH I WILL NOT HURT THE PERSON I LOVE THE MOST.. MYSELF

IN ALL HUMILITY
b

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 05 Aug 2009 18:01 #10920

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Does look more like a slip than a fall.
Last Edit: by ruggy523.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 05 Aug 2009 18:54 #10935

• Noorah BAmram
  • Current streak: 3710 days
  • Platinum Boarder
The next morning I was working at my computer alone in the house.  I realized the danger of this situation, finished what I was doing, and ran out of the house as quickly as I could.

Usually these thoughts persist, even for weeks, until I eventually lose.

Then, I realized the obvious answer... I HAVE TO sign up for an internet filter.  There's nothing innocent about an addiction, no matter how infrequent the falls may be.  I am now in the process of signing up for K9.

וַתִּתְפְּשֵׂהוּ בְּבִגְדוֹ לֵאמֹר, שִׁכְבָה עִמִּי; וַיַּעֲזֹב בִּגְדוֹ בְּיָדָהּ, וַיָּנָס וַיֵּצֵא הַחוּצָה.  יג וַיְהִי, כִּרְאוֹתָהּ, כִּי-עָזַב בִּגְדוֹ, בְּיָדָהּ; וַיָּנָס, הַחוּצָה.

GEVALD Mamesh Yosef Hatzadik!
;D ;D ;D

[b]כי שבע יפול צדיק וקם[/b] 
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita
Last Edit: by shematefilati24.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 06 Aug 2009 04:48 #11002

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
I had a fall.

But it was an all new yeitzer.

I feel like, in some ways, this struggle has gotten worse since I started posting.  This whole struggle just takes up so much thought.

I have been discussing it with my wife, which I never did before so directly.  We were taking about the problem, and about possible solutions.  I guess we took a turn in our conversation that we shouldn't have, at least not now.  It was too explicit for me, and I ended up having zerah l'vatala.

I made it to day 12.  Now I'm on day 1 again.
Last Edit: by struggling 17.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 06 Aug 2009 11:45 #11027

Phenomenal!!!
not the fall, of course.
But you've started over, so the fall is ancient history anyway.

Whats phenomenal is that you can speak about this with your wife! That is a great asset.
This little one is VERY impressed.

But remember please that she is a woman, and can only understand you from without, not within. (usually).

And since you are treading on new territory, you need to keep an eye out for what works, and what doesn't.

Best wishes,
kutan

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 11 Aug 2009 19:57 #11641

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
I've more-or-less gotten over the novelty of the filter.  There's no substitute for self-control.  Plus, I added about another fifty URL key words to block.

Also, after finding this forum, I made the mistake of doing too much at once.  I try not to think about this struggle much now.  And, I've picked one of the handbooks to read and only one lessen per day.  Only afterwards I'll look at one of the others.

In addition, the idea to just LET GO OF LUST has been very liberating.  I was trying to figure out what is different between this and trying to avoid the yeitzer.  This is what I have come up with:

I used to feel that when the first thought came to mind or the first sight came into view, you were already engaged in a struggle with the yeitzer hara.  True, you could try to evade him, but the wrestling match had already begun.  Now, it seems more like the first thought or sight is merely the yeitzer hara SENDING AN INVITATION to join him.  He hasn't laid a finger on you yet.

You can just ignore it!

I would be interested to hear from the more experienced members of this forum if this explanation sounds at all accurate.  Thanks.

Last Edit: by hatzioni18.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 11 Aug 2009 20:56 #11653

Eye.nonymous wrote on 11 Aug 2009 19:57:

I've more-or-less gotten over the novelty of the filter.  There's no substitute for self-control.  Plus, I added about another fifty URL key words to block.

Also, after finding this forum, I made the mistake of doing too much at once.  I try not to think about this struggle much now.  And, I've picked one of the handbooks to read and only one lessen per day.  Only afterwards I'll look at one of the others.

In addition, the idea to just LET GO OF LUST has been very liberating.  I was trying to figure out what is different between this and trying to avoid the yeitzer.  This is what I have come up with:

I used to feel that when the first thought came to mind or the first sight came into view, you were already engaged in a struggle with the yeitzer hara.  True, you could try to evade him, but the wrestling match had already begun.  Now, it seems more like the first thought or sight is merely the yeitzer hara SENDING AN INVITATION to join him.  He hasn't laid a finger on you yet.

You can just ignore it!

I would be interested to hear from the more experienced members of this forum if this explanation sounds at all accurate.  Thanks.

Your on the way!!!
all your points are EXCELLENT... Slow but sure wins the race... can't undo ___ years of habit overnight. But don't worry, it won't take ___ years either, because the mehalech you are now embarking on is EMES, and integrates with you much more quickly.

The yesod is to view yourself as a person who DOESN"T LUST.

in yiddish, one could repeat " meh' lust nisht  " which of course has a double meaning.

in my small opinion, you've got it right... KEEP ON GOING!!!

:D :D :D
k
Last Edit: by Warg2BI.
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes