Welcome, Guest

Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 75614 Views

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 18 Feb 2011 17:19 #97524

• Dov
  • Administrator
Take it easy Reb Eye!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by .

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 20 Feb 2011 19:54 #97693

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
dov wrote on 18 Feb 2011 17:19:

Take it easy Reb Eye!

I was starting to think the same thing.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 04 Mar 2011 06:55 #99541

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm not doing so well.  I've been stressing out all week, and besides this I've had some sort of cold or something.  Probably related.

I've been slipping all along.  Last night I finally tried to call someone.  But, I think I should have tried quite a few days ago.

This morning I fell.

So, back to day 1.  Back to step 1.

God help me. 

I wasn't sure if I ought to tell my wife, but I did.  I told her that I'm not doing so well with the 90 day thing.  She said, "I know.  It was obvious."

Scary.

--Eye.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 07 Mar 2011 06:31 #99875

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
I realize now that, before my recent fall, the RID had actually been building up for a couple of weeks.  I was getting overall too uptight about life without any room to breath.

I realize that the 12-steps aren't supposed to be emergency care.  "Help!  I'm about to fall!" 

What I was missing was, to make sure I was constanly working on my relationship with other fellows in the group, opening up to them, and also working on my relationship with G-d.

I need to check in with myself daily (and probably a number of times throughout the day).  Am I growing, or stagnating, or starting to fall?

--Eye.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 07 Mar 2011 09:34 #99880

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eye!

Sounds like you're still your good old self
and are really trying to work things out here.
All to grow further and further.
A true inspiration.
Hope to speak soon,
and I am available to talk,
been meaning to call you for a while now,
hope to speak soon.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 07 Mar 2011 13:58 #99912

sometimes Hashem brings us to fall coz He wants our relationship, if we try to keep that up on a consistant basis, then we wont need to fall - keep on trucking EYE, u teach us so much and we really appreciate you for it!

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 07 Mar 2011 16:09 #99926

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
an honest mouse wrote on 07 Mar 2011 13:58:

keep on trucking EYE, u teach us so much and we really appreciate you for it!

Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 14 Mar 2011 19:01 #100894

EYE I'm pretty new here but I must say I have been reading through ur log a bit and I can tell that u are a fighter. Every time u fall u get back up. And do u know why u get back up? Bec u realize that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, that success is within ur grasp if u put forth yourself completely. All u have to do is put on the right binoculars and toward the light, bec deep down we u know that if ur not truckin toward the light ur truckin the wrong way!!! So get up stop crying and telling urself u can't and its to hard. Its a new day! Make something of ur self.! bec deep down u know u have what it takes to succeed!

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 17 Mar 2011 19:34 #101324

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the chizzuk.

--Eye.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 18 Mar 2011 09:19 #101365

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Last week I had a few days when I was really thrown off schedule.  I handled it pretty well.

BUT, I realized something about myself--even when I handle life's challenges gracefully, afterwards I have a tendency to look back and start feeling bad about not having accomplished what I would usually accomplish.

SO, last week I think my recover stepped up a notch.  I made a few calls to some GYE and DC fellows, "I'm feeling fine now, but I know I will feel badly afterwards, and I wanted to share that."  Basically, that's how I started.  The calls really helped to avoid the impending negative feelings.

On another note, a big part of the program is about changing our perspective.

Today I was helping my baby fall asleep.  He was crying, very determined to resist.  Then, I showed him his face in the mirror.  Instant smiles.

So, if a baby can change his emotions that quick, then really anyone ought to be able to.

--Eye.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 20 Mar 2011 07:23 #101414

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Happy Purim!
Last Edit: 20 Mar 2011 07:25 by .

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 22 Mar 2011 20:31 #101606

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Today I came across a book on how to write, and it started off with a chapter about a writing exercise about writing your raw thoughts, trying not to process them; usually when we start to think what to write and how to write it, we filter our thoughts a half-dozen times before putting it on paper.

I was reading this in a waiting room, and there were some ladies in the office that I was struggling not to look at.

I said to myself, "I've been thinking of this as a struggle whether to look or not to look.  BUT, hey, I'm probably filtering these thoughts.  WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON!"

A surge of lust shot through me; I couldn't believe it.  Well I could, but I was still surprised.  This really powerful feeling came to the surface, a feeling like I want to pounce on this woman (to leave out all the triggering details).

So, I've been trying to surrender this desire to look at women to Hashem, and I haven't felt it was making any difference.  Why?  It's like disarming, turning over a pop-gun, and holding on to the nuclear weapons.

THIS is what I need to surrender to Hashem.  This deep feeling that I want to pounce on every woman.

Now, I have had this realization before--that really there's more to it than just wanting to look at women.  But, until now it has all been very logical.  THIS was the first time I REALLY FELT IT.

For the first time I really felt there's not this little habit which, given years to develop, will lead to something I'll regret.  NO, I feel this REALLY POWERFUL AND DANGEROUS surge of lust within me.  THIS is something I need to get rid of.  This is something, NOW, that is very dangerous.

I tried to surrender THIS to Hashem.  I felt it made a difference.

I feel like I've uncovered a new layer of truth to myself.  I feel like I've tapped into my emotions yet a layer deeper.

And, in DC's group, we discuss changing our perspective to overcome RID.  Instead of seeing the world through selfrish lenses, trying to view the world through a selfless perspective.  I see now it's not supposed to be mental gymnastics.  We're supposed to take these powerful emotions that are TRULY driving us to lust, this selfishness, and pour it all into trying to help others instead.

--Eye.

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 25 Mar 2011 05:26 #102004

• ToAdd
  • Platinum Boarder
Isn't it amazing that every now and then a deeper layer within us finds its way to the surface.
Just when we thing we've got the hang of it, there's something new to deal with.
Isn't it great that we don't have to deal with everything at once?

We're supposed to take these powerful emotions that are TRULY driving us to lust, this selfishness, and pour it all into trying to help others instead.

Well, you've been helping me, many thanks.
Keep up the good work.

ToAdd

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 29 Mar 2011 21:37 #102501

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
hi Eye,
how are you doing?
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Eye.nonymous official count 01 Apr 2011 09:01 #102901

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
hey Eye. checking in. hope all is well.
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes