Welcome, Guest

Thank You, GYE!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thank You, GYE! 1669 Views

Thank You, GYE! 06 Apr 2010 11:34 #60209

• Halevi
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everyone,

Well, thank G-d, this past week I completed the GYE 90-day journey. It's been an interesting process and before I share some of what's worked for me I'd like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you. Whether you realise it or not, you've all played a part in my success. Just knowing that this place exists, that despite the fact that the prevailing world view is that this behaviour is acceptable - 'normal' even - and that despite the addiction and all that it entails, there are people who out of their extreme devotion to Hashem are fighting tooth and nail to break free and overcome this crippling illness, provides me with huge chizuk. Before I visited this website I had almost deluded myself into thinking that "it's not so bad... I'm single, how could G-d possibly expect me to NOT do this". I had virtually given up or given in. GYE was the slap in the face I so badly needed. So thank you!

Along the way I've picked up a few things and I'd like to share some of them with you now:

1. You must, MUST install an internet filter. In my opinion, if you have an addiction you simply will not stay clean without one. For it to be effective, you must make sure that you won't remember the password. The filter gabbai is one of the best services that this website provides so if you can't entrust the password with a family member or close friend, pass the details onto the gabbai.

2. The GYE emails and forum are both great resources. Make use of them! As I said before, just being around the forum and other people who understand what you're going through is a huge source of inspiration and help. Sign up to an accountability group, post messages of support for other members, just get involved! We are not islands, we are members of a community.

3. Before K9 - the eyes and mind are the two most important filters there are. Yes, you will see attractive women and some of the time they will be dressed immodestly, but it's how you react that will make all the difference. As addicts we tend to fixate on things we shouldn't, we tend to think that if we look away we might be missing out on something... but the truth is there is no real enjoyment to be had from this filth! The sooner we realise that the better and the longer I've remained sober the more clearer that has become.

4. 90 days is a lot shorter than it sounds. As Chazal say "all beginnings are difficult". Just take it slow at the start. If you can make it past day 30 you are well, well on your way.

I wish everyone the ultimate success in their recovery.

All the best,

Halevi
Last Edit: by .

Re: Thank You, GYE! 06 Apr 2010 12:19 #60210

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Shkoyach HaLevi!
Mazel tov!
May you keep going strong for another 90,
and then another, and then another...

Re: Thank You, GYE! 06 Apr 2010 20:30 #60221

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
So so precious... Mazal Tov Halevi Hakadosh!

I will put this in tomorrow's chizuk e-mail bl"n to 1,200 members!

May you keep inspiring us - and all Yidden.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Thank You, GYE! 07 Apr 2010 02:03 #60234

• jewinpain
Halevi! Mazel tov, may this be the new start of ur life to 120 years of clean thoughts and acts, u have done a gr8 job, especially on our group, where u gave us all support in times of need, hashem is proud of u, and he wants u to be proud of urself too
Keep on rocking away

Re: Thank You, GYE! 07 Apr 2010 06:54 #60257

• Halevi
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks guys 

Happy Birthday Halevi!!!! 13 May 2010 16:29 #65224

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Today, May 13, is your Birthday, so here goes:

Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday to HALEVI...
Happy Birthday to YOU!!!

It just popped out here too!  ;D

Re: Thank You, GYE! 21 May 2010 06:04 #66109

• Halevi
  • Fresh Boarder
Only just noticed this! Thank you very much 

My birthday was a lot more meaningful this year due to my improvements in this area. Last year I remember being a little depressed around this date because I was growing older but not making the necessary inroads in curbing my behaviour.

Re: Thank You, GYE! 23 May 2010 03:31 #66235

• yechielm
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear HaLevi,

Your post has given a newbie like me so much chizuk.

I'm on day thirteen, but Dov says they are all day one...I find it interesting that that point didn't make it to your top three.

Anyway, mazal tov! May you be zoche to the next 90 and the next 90 ad meah v'esrim!

Again, you have given me, personally--one of your family members, a tremendous amount of chizuk.

Thank you!

Y

Re: Thank You, GYE! 31 May 2010 05:55 #67697

• Halevi
  • Fresh Boarder
allaloneontop wrote on 23 May 2010 03:31:

Dear HaLevi,

Your post has given a newbie like me so much chizuk.

I'm on day thirteen, but Dov says they are all day one...I find it interesting that that point didn't make it to your top three.

Anyway, mazal tov! May you be zoche to the next 90 and the next 90 ad meah v'esrim!

Again, you have given me, personally--one of your family members, a tremendous amount of chizuk.

Thank you!

Y

Wow, thanks man. That means a lot to me - you're very kind.

I hope you're doing well and wish you all the best.

Re: Thank You, GYE! 04 Jun 2010 19:20 #68932

• yechielm
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
B"H still going...it's a massive struggle, but I'm very happy that I'm doing this.

My entire life has changed these past few weeks and it all started with the simple internet filter you suggested...truly!

You will get tremendous zechusim for this.

Thank you and good shabbos!

Y
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes