Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: 14 days!! 3794 Views

Re: 14 days!! 05 Feb 2024 18:38 #408285

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
Day three. started 90 day again on Shabbos. My first time starting 90 challenge I did thirty days after that fall I didn’t start 90 days again I just kept on having 14 days or 7. (I am going for 90 days from Shabbos which is chof hey Nissan. I will post here every day besides Friday and Shabbos.) 
I am starting with one week which I already am three days in. 
if anyone has encouragement or advice please let me know. 

Re: 14 days!! 05 Feb 2024 19:07 #408288

• notezy
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Good luck man hope you succeed 
"Excuses are the tools of incompetence" -My Friends Friend. 

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson

Re: 14 days!! 06 Feb 2024 18:01 #408354

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
Day four. So far so good.

Re: 14 days!! 07 Feb 2024 17:50 #408418

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
Day 5 still going good. 
last night I spoke to a guy from gye and he was telling me instead of waiting for a fall and trying to hold back to do the three circles and my goal is to not do the middle circle. Because once you’re at the doorstep it’s a lot harder to hold back but if I put farther gates and work on building those up even if I slip it won’t be all the way. I’m going to write those down now and put it into action. 

Re: 14 days!! 08 Feb 2024 19:02 #408467

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
Day 6. Going well I know the real struggle didn’t exactly start. But I’m trying to set myself up for success. Yesterday I had a solid day keeping away from triggers and the start of the slippery slopes. 
There are some very good audios in the library here. 

Re: 14 days!! 08 Feb 2024 19:13 #408468

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep it up 

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson

Re: 14 days!! 08 Feb 2024 19:20 #408469

funbuchur wrote on 02 Feb 2024 19:00:

short story, yesterday I had a hole in the filter that I couldn’t close I knew it got opened.. long story so I had that rush of energy abt to go and fall and I ran and went to that opening,  . . . . I waited, took a deep breath and after that initial insane rush stopped for a second it made room for my rational mind to start explaining why i shouldn’t. So I quickly ran to my filter guy and got it fixed so i couldn’t fall. 

today I fell. Not in the way I would’ve fell yesterday because that was blocked bh but it was a fall I dunno why my instincts didn’t help this time but I’m still very proud of what happened yesterday decided to share. 

I love this. I love that you were able to overcome that initial urge (which can be harder than chewing through a brick wall) and that despite the fall the next day you didn't negate your victory.

I just wish I knew how the yetzer hara is able to get us like this. We can make it through the toughest times and then the next days, when it's just a regular, easy day we'll fall in the worst ways. I don't get it.
We are not the same people we once were. We are not so locked into our urges that we have no choice. We can choose to give in or choose to win this battle today. We do not want to give in, the pleasure of giving in is false. 
With Hashem on our side our victory is inevitable; the only way we can lose is by giving up on playing the game.

Re: 14 days!! 08 Feb 2024 19:28 #408470

• willdo
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm sorry to hear that you fell today, but it's great that you were able to prevent a potential fall yesterday by being proactive and getting the filter fixed. Your quick thinking and actions yesterday should be commended, and it's a reminder of the importance of taking care of potential dangers before they become a problem. Stay safe and take care!

Re: 14 days!! 12 Feb 2024 22:05 #408612

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
Day 10 staying strong. 
had a harder day yesterday, wasn’t a regular day, saw myself slipping and realized I have the choice to win or not and I decided to stop before it was a hard choice. Back into my regular routine which helps. 

Re: 14 days!! 13 Feb 2024 06:44 #408619

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Great to hear 10 days 
and that you stayed strong.

Re: 14 days!! 13 Feb 2024 18:01 #408632

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
Day 11 so far so good
after the slip to days ago I spoke to my guy from gye and we tweaked my plan a bit now I’m being more accountable. and adding in the positive changes. 
Random interesting thing I heard yesterday. When you do things that are hard it doesn’t make it less hard in the future it makes you more brave. Or something like that. I think it applies here a lot that the more I can hold back at a hard moment it proved to myself that I can do it and each time I get braver and braver. 

Re: 14 days!! 14 Feb 2024 17:53 #408663

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
Day 12.
Keeping up
Tanya chapter 27 is really uplifting and puts a good perspective.
bracing now for 2-3 week hurdle. Not hoping for it or waiting for it but I’m my experience it can show up at any time so trying to prepare by having the right tools and accountability. 

Re: 14 days!! 15 Feb 2024 18:04 #408718

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
Day 13 going good.
started watching the gye+ motivation part. Making this like a game and less of a must not do and fear of failure. Instead embracing the challenge and looking forward to beating challenges. 

Re: 14 days!! 15 Feb 2024 19:06 #408729

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
That's great 

Re: 14 days!! 18 Feb 2024 17:39 #408822

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
Day 16 slow and steady
each day is a accomplishment. Had some strong urges but was able to avert my attention and not let it get to big. Did first goal next goal is to do this week strong. 
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes