Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: 14 days!! 4871 Views

Re: 14 days!! 29 Nov 2023 12:31 #404224

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Excellent post funbucher! Honest and practical!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: 14 days!! 07 Dec 2023 03:23 #404662

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
I haven’t posted in a while. Sadly I fell last Sunday to end my 14 day streak I’m 47 days in fell twice and I’m in a new three day streak now. When I fell I immediately started thinking “ok I obviously enjoy this more than I want to stop” but then I spoke to people and I realized I really held back many times even on the way to that fall and I had a lot of wins, and even though eventually I fell it doesn’t take away those wins. I am racking up wins and accomplishments every day every moment and Baruch hashem i have this forum to keep me in the community of people all with the same goal. 

I didn’t really edit this,I hope it makes sense. 

If anyone has encouragement send it this way. 

Re: 14 days!! 07 Dec 2023 03:57 #404663

• foolie
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Platinum Boarder
How do I put this delicately? Try reaching out before you fall by posting here daily that way people can try and help you beforehand as opposed to after the fact. Not to say that you won’t be helped after the fact, but how about being proactive before you fall and you may not fall. It’s free advice so you know what it’s worth 
I will give battle Sir- General George Meade (Army of the Potomac)
Nuts!- General Anthony McAuliffe (101st Airborne)
Lets Get Dangerous! - Darkwing Duck
You’ll need to raise the ante and negotiate- Rechnitzer Rejects
I'm fresh out of essential truths- Spock
Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person - David Rossi

Re: 14 days!! 07 Dec 2023 04:11 #404665

• ainshumyeiush
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
tthere's a alcoholics anonymous saying, recovery is progress not perfection. look back after a fall and think about what you can do to make sure to avoid whatever got you to fall. We believe in you, you got this!!
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

Curiosity kills the count

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/401159-This-time-for-real?limit=15&start=15#401727

feel free to get in touch
ainshumyeiush@gmail.com 
7327021556 (google voice)

Re: 14 days!! 11 Dec 2023 00:36 #404786

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
Ok I’m posting here because I feel like a fall is coming. Didn’t feel accomplished today and I’m haveing urges. All of a sudden I start thinkig to myself it won’t be so bad it’s fine you’ll beat this later etc I know it’s wrong but they consign back I know if I push it off it will go away 

Re: 14 days!! 12 Dec 2023 03:35 #404846

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Please update.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: 14 days!! 12 Dec 2023 05:03 #404850

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
Well I beat that urge but then later that day it came back stronger and I fell. I’m very upset and know how to fix it I just need to. It’s good I wrote on here first cuz it helped me beat it for a couple hours which is a small win. I started today a fresh and I’m doing a 14 day clean giving myself a timed goal. I will hopefully update every day for 14 days. 

Re: 14 days!! 18 Dec 2023 17:44 #405144

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
That didn’t work had chanuka break threw me off and I didn’t read or work on myself naturally I fell. I see clearly that if I don’t actively work on myself I won’t have the courage or strength to overcome urges. I need to get back o my habits of earlier where I worked on myself every day and I was proud of myself and felt confident that I was getting cleaner and stronger 

Re: 14 days!! 26 Dec 2023 05:12 #405699

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
I started listening to shiurim on the gye shiurim part and they are very motivating clear and I’m very happy I found them I like them better than some of the books more interactive. Thank hashem I’m 8 days clean after those 2 weeks of bad footing I feel like my footing is getting stronger and I’m fixing up my ship. I will keep on going and hopefully be able to continue making progress. 

Re: 14 days!! 16 Jan 2024 18:25 #407146

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
I really haven’t written in a while because usually I don’t know what to write I have streaks then I fall then I try something else then I fall etc. Anyway I wanted to write here that I realized that I have been focusing on streaks too much. While I was filling in on the dashboard another clean day I checked my last 30 days and I realized true I only have a couple day streak but in the last 30 days I FELL ONLY 3 TIMES! For me that’s crazy I used to think I needed this stuff multiple times a week. I hope to keep on getting this number down. Just pointing out something I noticed a big confidence booster 

Re: 14 days!! 16 Jan 2024 21:14 #407153

• yiftach
  • Current streak: 281 days
  • Gold Boarder

עלה והצלח!

- יפתח הקטן

Looking forward to get to know you better! 

Email me @ yiftach1609@gmail.com or call/text 347-201-4989 (Google voice)

My story is unfolding here
"יפתח ה' לך את אוצרו הטוב"

Re: 14 days!! 01 Feb 2024 20:52 #408071

• notezy
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
foolie wrote on 07 Dec 2023 03:57:
How do I put this delicately? Try reaching out before you fall by posting here daily that way people can try and help you beforehand as opposed to after the fact. Not to say that you won’t be helped after the fact, but how about being proactive before you fall and you may not fall. It’s free advice so you know what it’s worth 

They say "If it's free that means you're the product." 
"Excuses are the tools of incompetence" -My Friends Friend. 

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson
Last Edit: 01 Feb 2024 21:46 by notezy.

Re: 14 days!! 01 Feb 2024 20:54 #408072

• notezy
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Just read your thread, I am rooting for you man.
"Excuses are the tools of incompetence" -My Friends Friend. 

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson
Last Edit: 01 Feb 2024 20:55 by notezy.

Re: 14 days!! 02 Feb 2024 19:00 #408131

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
You are right I should post here before I fall but I usually have urges at night and no one is on or respond fast enough but your right even posting will help it. 

short story, yesterday I had a hole in the filter that I couldn’t close I knew it got opened.. long story so I had that rush of energy abt to go and fall and I ran and went to that opening, (if you relate to me when you know of a hole in the filter the excitement, your heart starts beating and you feel like it’s a must do). I guess all the stuff I’ve been reading and learning helped, and I stopped in my tracks and asked myself if I can wait a second. I waited, took a deep breath and after that initial insane rush stopped for a second it made room for my rational mind to start explaining why i shouldn’t. So I quickly ran to my filter guy and got it fixed so i couldn’t fall. 

today I fell. Not in the way I would’ve fell yesterday because that was blocked bh but it was a fall I dunno why my instincts didn’t help this time but I’m still very proud of what happened yesterday decided to share. 

Re: 14 days!! 04 Feb 2024 03:17 #408146

• iwant2begood
  • Current streak: 3206 days
  • Expert Boarder
funbuchur wrote on 16 Jan 2024 18:25:
I really haven’t written in a while because usually I don’t know what to write I have streaks then I fall then I try something else then I fall etc. Anyway I wanted to write here that I realized that I have been focusing on streaks too much. While I was filling in on the dashboard another clean day I checked my last 30 days and I realized true I only have a couple day streak but in the last 30 days I FELL ONLY 3 TIMES! For me that’s crazy I used to think I needed this stuff multiple times a week. I hope to keep on getting this number down. Just pointing out something I noticed a big confidence booster 

wow , wlecome back, Just keep on posting with Honesty, and you will get there!

Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes