Welcome, Guest

Pain over pleasure!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pain over pleasure! 177 Views

Pain over pleasure! 13 Jul 2022 18:06 #383329

• bisyata_dishmaya
  • Current streak: 83 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Life has been so pleasurable the last 30 days BH! Interestingly, pain leads to pleasure and pain leads to more pain. Baruch Hashem this is the first time in about 3 years that I've gone clean for 30 days BA"H. In the beginning, it was quite painful and I used as many tactics as I had to guard myself. Towards the 15-day mark, I had already shifted my gears towards productivity. BH, this month has been quite productive. 

My small (large goal) is to be clean for 90 days be"H and my ultimate goal to be the ultimate eved hashem and be free eternally. I wish to be enslaved by Hashem and not to my desires. 

P.s-this is my first post on the GYE forum. 
P.p.s- I hope to update by the 50 day mark as well be"H. 

Re: Pain over pleasure! 13 Jul 2022 18:10 #383330

• bisyata dishmaya
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Gold Boarder
Hello Welcome! Don't forget to celebrate the 30 days. May you have much hatzlocha!
The best tool in my opinion: Every day say Tehillim 16 32 41 42 59 77 90 105 137 150 Hatzlocha!

My Thread guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378555-Here-we-go!

Re: Pain over pleasure! 13 Jul 2022 20:57 #383338

Mazal Tov on your 30 days!

Rav Noach Weinberg ZT"L used to say, "Humans are programmed to seek pleasure; they think the opposite of pain is pleasure, so they avoid pain at all costs. But the truth is that pain is the price we pay to get pleasure. The opposite of pain is comfort. By avoiding pain, we become decedent."

Hatzlacha and Stay Connected
We get only one chance at life.
This is not a rehearsal; it's the real thing.

Father, help me live sober Today.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes