Welcome, Guest

keep on trying!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: keep on trying! 240 Views

keep on trying! 12 Oct 2021 17:14 #373216

after 2 years of falling and falling, never having been clean for more than 2 weeks, i start my journey to 90 days. IyH the Ribonoi Shel Oilom will give me strength on my journey to tahara and I will never look back!

Re: keep on trying! 12 Oct 2021 17:26 #373217

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome! Your motivation is amazing and Hashem will definitely help you get to 90 and beyond...

I would like to give one tip if I may and that is to be proactive. As they say, "If you fail to plan - you plan to fail". The yetzer horah rarely tries to fight us when were doing well, he looks for opportunities when we're down and out or caught off guard. When we are tired, moody or stressed....

Take a paper and write these questions with your answers. 
•    The changes I want to make are:
•    The most important reasons why I want to make these changes are:
•    The steps I plan to take in changing are:
•    The ways other people can help me are: 
(names of some people and the possible ways each one can help)
•    I will know if my plan is working if:
•    Some things that could interfere with my plan
•    How important is it to me to make these changes? (1-10 scale)
•    How confident am I that I can make these changes? (1-10 scale)
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com
Last Edit: 12 Oct 2021 17:26 by davidt.

Re: keep on trying! 14 Oct 2021 13:21 #373289

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome!
Please check out the great free resources in my signature below to help you keep your motivation up along the way!
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: keep on trying! 15 Oct 2021 11:05 #373309

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome. It should be with hatzlocha!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes