Welcome, Guest

⚠️URGENT MESSAGE⚠️
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: ⚠️URGENT MESSAGE⚠️ 538 Views

⚠️URGENT MESSAGE⚠️ 18 Apr 2021 00:52 #366974

• thetimeisnow!
  • Current streak: 289 days
  • Senior Boarder
Hello all,

Let me begin this urgent message with a bit of context:

Tonight marks 8 days for me in this new journey, BH I will be able to keep it up. Today I had an absolutely HUGE urge and frankly almost acted out on it, but then I saw something that completely destroyed my urge (I am not a Jew yet, so yes, I was on my phone on Shabbos):

What I saw: "Is Russia about to invade Ukraine?" 

Now what could this have to do with me? Well, for those of you with a sharp mind, this verse from Zechariah might answer that question:

"As for those peoples that warred against Jerusalem, the LORD will smite them with this plague: Their flesh shall rot away while they stand on their feet; their eyes shall rot away in their sockets; and their tongues shall rot away in their mouths." (Zechariah 14:12)

If this doesn't prophecy nuclear war, then I don't know what does. I am not trying to say that any of us are warring against Jerusalem; on the contrary, we are all doing our best to bring ourselves closer to Hashem.

However, wasting seed is a very severe sin for all of us, Jew and non-Jew, so if we don't get our act together, how can we expect Hashem to help us out if the world erupts into the final war of Gog Umagog?

If Russia does end up invading Ukraine, the chances for nuclear war are perhaps the highest they have ever been since the Cuban Missile crisis. Now, everything is in the control of Hashem, so nothing happens outside of his will. Yet, if we don't overcome this problem in time, how can we rest easy knowing that the Satan has a case against us when the final war erupts? We must remember that we are literally fighting for our very lives in this daily struggle. If we don't win, the consequences could be disastrous...

Yes this was meant to scare you, it scares the heck out of me...

Pirkei Avot 3:1:

Mark well three things and you will not come into the power of sin: Know from where you come, and where you are going, and before whom you are destined to give an account and reckoning. From where do you come? From a putrid drop. Where are you going? To a place of dust, of worm and of maggot. Before whom you are destined to give an account and reckoning? Before the King of the kings of kings, the Holy One, blessed be he.

If the sages recognized the importance of fear in batting the temptation to sin, how much more so should we, who have tasted of sin for many years.

The time is now to make a change!

Shavua Tov everyone!

(Let this be a thread for anyone who as other very urgent messages for the good of the entire community)
Last Edit: 18 Apr 2021 00:53 by thetimeisnow!.

Re: ⚠️URGENT MESSAGE⚠️ 18 Apr 2021 01:59 #366977

• zedj
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Your freaking me out!!!!

One who has given up hope is without a G‑d.

One who sees hope in each day is already free

Re: ⚠️URGENT MESSAGE⚠️ 18 Apr 2021 02:16 #366982

• thetimeisnow!
  • Senior Boarder
Good

Re: ⚠️URGENT MESSAGE⚠️ 18 Apr 2021 02:17 #366983

• thetimeisnow!
  • Senior Boarder
It's important to be scared sometimes!

Re: ⚠️URGENT MESSAGE⚠️ 18 Apr 2021 05:27 #366991

• Striving Avreich
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
thetimeisnow! wrote on 18 Apr 2021 02:17:

Why is it important to be scared?

Re: ⚠️URGENT MESSAGE⚠️ 18 Apr 2021 11:46 #366999

Striving Avreich wrote on 18 Apr 2021 05:27:

Keeps you in check.

Re: ⚠️URGENT MESSAGE⚠️ 18 Apr 2021 14:16 #367011

• Striving Avreich
  • Gold Boarder
Keeper of Zera wrote on 18 Apr 2021 11:46:

Striving Avreich wrote on 18 Apr 2021 05:27:

Keeps you in check.

Has it ever worked for more than a week or two for you?

Re: ⚠️URGENT MESSAGE⚠️ 18 Apr 2021 18:36 #367023

• thetimeisnow!
  • Senior Boarder
Yes, it is one of the most effective deterrents for me. I fail when I forget what I have to be afraid of.

Re: ⚠️URGENT MESSAGE⚠️ 18 Apr 2021 21:38 #367031

• Striving Avreich
  • Gold Boarder
Hatzlachah. Let us know how it goes

Re: ⚠️URGENT MESSAGE⚠️ 19 Apr 2021 09:54 #367075

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Fear doesn't generally help for addicts, but for people with normal struggles it can definitely be helpful (hence, the Tochacha).
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes