Welcome, Guest

This is it - 90 Days here I come!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 32525 Views

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 31 Dec 2009 03:44 #40316

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
A coupla more hours and you got a week! Now if you can just rinse and repeat about 13 times, you got your 90 days!

G
  O

N
        O
          Y
            A
              !
Last Edit: by cheerfulhawk58.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 31 Dec 2009 07:01 #40349

• Struggla21
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
Dude, your are doing amazing!! Keep doing fantastic and I like the day summaries. Gives yourself a perspective of how far you have come.
Last Edit: by sereneowl88.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 01 Jan 2010 00:09 #40776

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
NOYA!! You rock. and keep on rocking. wheres todays summary?? :-\ Im sure its full of suprises. :D
Last Edit: by JOBB.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 01 Jan 2010 02:07 #40834

• yona18
  • Current streak: 4500 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh boy oh boy, 2010 is coming really soon. This is very exciting! Ten years of the new millennium down, 1990 to go.

I'm working soooo hard on this exam, it's very very intense, but it's keeping me busy, so I can't complain. I wish I had more of an exciting new year's celebration, but it's just study study study until finals are over, and then more studying after that non-stop over vacation. But in a way, I like it. I like studying and understanding material, to the point of mastery, and besides, I get out of a class this way, and if I pass the exam then I have a really great thing to put on my resume.

And wow, no time for the yetzer hara at all. He just can't make an appointment with me, at least not today.

Day 7 summary: Working very hard, so no attacks. A+
Last Edit: by jubilantlemur84.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 01 Jan 2010 03:27 #40869

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Great news Noya.

KUTGW!!! 
Last Edit: by FreddyC.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 01 Jan 2010 07:50 #40930

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
imtrying25 wrote on 01 Jan 2010 00:09:

NOYA!! You rock. and keep on rocking. wheres todays summary?? :-\ Im sure its full of suprises. :D
NOYA wrote on 01 Jan 2010 02:07:

Oh boy oh boy, 2010 is coming really soon. This is very exciting! Ten years of the new millennium down, 1990 to go.

I'm working soooo hard on this exam, it's very very intense, but it's keeping me busy, so I can't complain. I wish I had more of an exciting new year's celebration, but it's just study study study until finals are over, and then more studying after that non-stop over vacation. But in a way, I like it. I like studying and understanding material, to the point of mastery, and besides, I get out of a class this way, and if I pass the exam then I have a really great thing to put on my resume.

And wow, no time for the yetzer hara at all. He just can't make an appointment with me, at least not today.

Day 7 summary: Working very hard, so no attacks. A+
Wow that was forsure the biggest suprise i could of ever expected. Keep on rocking bro and keep on being busy. It never hurt anyone. :D
Last Edit: by adventurousviper33.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 01 Jan 2010 11:31 #40953

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Seven Days, One Week, 168 hours, 10,080 minutes, 604,800 seconds....

You Rock Man!!! You Rule! NOYA Hu hashalit, hu hamoshel bichal eretz meitzarim!!!

Have a wonderful Shabbos you lion amongst people!!!
Last Edit: by kgho.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 01 Jan 2010 18:18 #41024

• yona18
  • Platinum Boarder
I was very very surprised last night, leaving the library around 1AM, after grabbing some leftover cholent from mishmar (still lukewarm even after an hour), and looking forward to getting to sleep, that I walked out the door with someone I was somewhat friendly with, and I like him, but just didn't see enough of him to become good friends with.

Anyway, we were walking and talking about snow, and then he says to me, "Let's talk about something more interesting, NOYA." I was like, WHOA. Double take. Come again?

Yeah, he ID'd me, and I guess I subconsciously wanted something like that to happen, because I definitely made it very easy for anyone to guess who I am given they know even a little about me. This guy turns out to be one of the greatest warriors on the forum, and it was so nice talking to him about it, and knowing that there's someone else out there, someone real that I could get chizuk from, and not just a mashgiach or rebbe, who might not know what I'm going through, but from a fellow addict.

I spoke with him for probably half an hour, in the freezing cold (and the poor guy was just wearing a polo), and it's nice to have him around. Now I feel more confident about this 90 day thing, seeing someone who's done it before with my own eyes. Seeing is believing they say.

Anyway, I'm still star struck by the hashgacha pratis and very happy about it.

On to today's report:

For the first time in a long time, I missed shacharis and slept until 11:15. My body was so exhausted from a very hard week of studying that it just refused to get up today. It was like, "NO, NOYA! You've taken me too far! I ain't moving!" So, fine, once in a blue moon, it happens. Okay, I definitely did stress myself a lot this week, and unfortunately, I have a lot more stressing to do for finals and for this ridiculous test I'm taking in February that will definitely be the hardest test of my entire life so far.

But I'm clean as a whistle so far, and that's great news!

Happy New Year!

~ NOYA

P.S. Day 8 Summary: Slept in, no attacks so far. A+
Last Edit: 23 Feb 2010 03:43 by .

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 01 Jan 2010 20:10 #41031

• ano nymous
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
8 days is awesome!!
As for the poor guy in the polo shirt, well, I don't think he's ever been warmer in his entire life!
Last Edit: by Dinac.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 02 Jan 2010 16:28 #41037

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
A gut voch. NOYA im so excited for you. Having someone to talk to is one of the best things that come come from all of this. Especially when that person is a warrior just like you. Ever since ive been in touch with real people on this forum, whether it be live or on the phone, my struggle hasnt been the same. Not even close, to say the truth. So take advantage of this new commodity that yu have. Youll see it will only help you.

Keep on rollin!

Oh and btw maybe if he took the headphones, he would be able to ear you even better. Well we will have to seal, i maen see! :D
Last Edit: by empoweredbison12.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 03 Jan 2010 00:37 #41101

• yona18
  • Platinum Boarder
Haha, IT, very clever. Yeah, it's nice having a fellow warrior around. I spoke with him a bit over Shabbos, so that was nice.

I had a nice relaxing Shabbos, and did my best to not think of upcoming finals so that I could enjoy my Shabbos. And I did enjoy it. It was one of those do nothing Shabboses where I didn't learn very much, but sort of had a nice time. Friday night I was learning but ended up in someone's dorm with a few friends knocking back a few Sam Adams' (if that's correct) and a little wine, and talking about stupid stuff, but it's been a long time since I had some geshmack good old fashioned wasting time, so I indulged.

[edit - content removed due to ID issues]

Anyway, I have to get cracking with studying, so signing off.

Day 9 Summary: Relatively easy day. No attacks, and even though I went outside to a shul in the neighborhood for a 915 minyan, somehow I don't remember seeing a single female the whole day. So that's good. A+

~ NOYA
Last Edit: 23 Feb 2010 03:44 by .

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 03 Jan 2010 04:47 #41162

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Great news.  I am so happy for you.  KUTGW!!!
Last Edit: by freecheetah85.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 03 Jan 2010 13:12 #41329

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
That's really awesome, NOYA - rock on, together!
Last Edit: by jubilantsparrow97.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 03 Jan 2010 18:50 #41448

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
NOYA you rock!! Did i ever tell you that before?I cant seem to remember.
Last Edit: by Loki175.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 03 Jan 2010 20:36 #41481

• yona18
  • Platinum Boarder
Studying for finals,

I still get a major taivah whenever I'm on an unblocked computer. I'm not sure if this computer is unblocked or not, but I definitely don't usually have access to it usually, and hopefully will avoid it (someone logged into it and put it on). I'm feeling a latent attack, radar's registering a faint signal. I'll try to divert and do other things right after this.

Anyway, things are still going great. So far no slips or falls. I'll update you more tonight.
Last Edit: by Violin.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes