Welcome, Guest

This is it - 90 Days here I come!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 32524 Views

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 04 Mar 2011 06:38 #99539

• yona18
  • Current streak: 4500 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey everyone. Things are really wonderful these days! I feel that giving up the girl was the missing ingredient all the other times I was campaigning. I always had her in the back of my mind and wasn't fully prepared to give up lust. I'm trying to get to that point of really giving everything up, but so far it's been a very easy campaign Baruch Hashem. I don't know how far along I am right now, but I think I'm pretty close to 40 days clean already. It's gone by very quickly. Have a good Shabbos!
Last Edit: by .

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 04 Mar 2011 15:53 #99576

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You already know that I agree with you 

Glad to hear that you see it, and that you feel it. Enjoy being sober!

I was recently walking through an area with a lot of women, and I reminded myself, "isn't it great that I don't have to look at all this?!"

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 06 Mar 2011 03:35 #99674

• yona18
  • Platinum Boarder
Entrenchment Under Fire. The Yetzer Hara has come back for a visit. It all started with looking at some woman today, and then I saw an "innocent" youtube and it had those dreaded videos on the side with some pritzus there... I have to be michazek myself and really have a shtark day tomorrow, and remember that those days are over.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 06 Mar 2011 04:43 #99682

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Hatzlacha!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 06 Mar 2011 12:54 #99718

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
How are you doing?

Remember what will make you happier - not in the long term, but even in the short-term, like, 10 minutes from now!

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 06 Mar 2011 23:42 #99836

• yona18
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm doing all right. It was such a blah, yucky day today. The weather has a powerful effect on my mood I find. I didn't feel like doing much today, and indeed, haven't accomplished too much. I learned a normal morning seder, but it was terribly difficult to concentrate because I had some dating hock in the back of my mind the whole time. Baruch Hashem, the issue was resolved today and I have closure on whatever the issue was.

I still feel like doing nothing, but I have to gear myself up for a good night seder. Hopefully my dinner will be yummy and get me more in the mood to do productive things. Oh, also, I saw a decent amount of girls today, but I was good. I looked away a whole lot. Okay, onwards!

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 07 Mar 2011 22:55 #100047

• ano nymous
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
NOYA is the man.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 08 Mar 2011 20:27 #100197

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Glad to hear you growing.

I find that it's easier to focus on something else, thinking about something else, than just "looking away."

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 09 Mar 2011 04:32 #100261

• yona18
  • Platinum Boarder
The real yesod of recovery has to do more with really giving it all up, and not just looking away or thinking about something else. I am definitely getting somewhere, trying to live honestly, and so far so good. I feel my standards rising, and my attitudes getting holier and all that good holy stuff. Thanks for posting!

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 09 Mar 2011 15:33 #100313

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
NOYA wrote on 09 Mar 2011 04:32:

my attitudes getting holier

GREAT!

KUTGW!

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 13 Mar 2011 03:34 #100696

• yona18
  • Platinum Boarder
Things continue to go well, thank Hashem! I had a nice Shabbos, learned a decent amount, had a short rest and didn't lounge in bed, and I had a two hour seder after havdalah! Wow am I shtark or what? Now I'm gonna do some studying and then go to sleep earlier than usual because we push the clocks forward tonight, and I want to be sure to be on time for davening and to be awake for it.

I'm so excited for Purim to come next week, and I'm also excited about some shidduch prospects... I hope my simcha spreads to anyone who reads this because I feel like spreading it around. I've been so positive and excited lately, and just want people to be happy like me too, so let me put you in a good mood, put a smile on your face, and just enjoy Adar!

I'm really doing well with looking away, not using lust at all, and just ridding myself of it. I went to mikvah on Friday to be mechazek myself (haven't gone in like two months) and I felt great after that. I had to go somewhere maleh pritzus right after I went to the mikvah, but I had my glasses off almost the whole time, didn't look at anything, and just enjoyed my time with my family. Baruch Hashem! Life is so much easier and simpler without living a second one!

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 14 Mar 2011 01:35 #100788

Do u ever wonder why there is no link to guardyoureyes.com from the forum page??

But wtvr, in other news i just finished reading ur whole log, and have to say you have grown a ton NOYA. from putting barriers up and being mindful of what ur eyes see, to improving ur mindset and attitude. I feel like I can completely relate to the battles that u have been going through. So keep up the good work, bec the most fulfilling things in life only come through hard work and perseverance.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 14 Mar 2011 11:12 #100804

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Glad to hear that you're feeling the beauty of being clean!

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 17 Mar 2011 20:52 #101335

• yona18
  • Platinum Boarder
Being clean is definitely a beautiful thing. I've had a lot of drama in my life, and some dramatic firsts, one after another, quite opposite in nature. I can't really be so explicit, but I'm going through some turmoil now that would have made me act out before this streak, but I feel stronger now, and I feel more willing to let Hashem drive my car through life.

I've had very good things happen, and very bad things happen, so I guess they balance out? We'll see. At least I'll get to see some old friends and familiar faces that I haven't seen in ages...

Still doing well, and trying to be positive.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 17 Mar 2011 23:06 #101342

That's the spirit! stay positive we have ur back. Life will always have ups and downs ur job is to try to remain positive and to grow through life's challenges.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes