Welcome, Guest

This is it - 90 Days here I come!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 32538 Views

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 16 Feb 2010 04:47 #53494

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Why not set up some kinda kumzitz-type thing? I can play guitar offkey while you play piano well enough and loud enough to drown me out, and I'll provide a bottle of woodford. Hopefully, in about a week, we'll even have an occasion (my 90 days)!
Last Edit: by .

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 16 Feb 2010 12:16 #53546

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
did i ever tell you NOYA that you ............................ROCK THE FRIGGIN HOUSE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Keep it rollin man.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 16 Feb 2010 19:49 #53642

• yona18
  • Current streak: 4500 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks guys, and yeah, it's good when I'm rocking and rolling.

Silent, that is sooo awesome. One week left!

I am posting right now because I just had a lightning slip, searching something on google, clicking and reading material that was inappropriate, and there was no reason for me being there, and lemaisa it was bad. Uch, I'm not triggered because I left fast enough but it's such an eye opener how quickly one can access something inappropriate when they're not paying attention, and when they are just idly sitting by the computer, killing time.

I think it's just a slip because it was sooo fast, I didn't even chap what I was doing until I was there, and I left pretty damn quickly. Whoa. Hopefully that won't happen again anytime soon.

I'll update again tonight, hopefully with better news.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 16 Feb 2010 20:11 #53648

• bardichev
M
A
B
B
;D

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 16 Feb 2010 20:53 #53655

• yona18
  • Platinum Boarder
Help!!!!! I'm under attack! This is not going to be a fun trip at all. I guess I did get triggered after all. Chizuk needed urgently!!

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 16 Feb 2010 20:54 #53656

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
here im here. You can do it bro. Please try to find somehting to take your mind off it for now. go out. call someone. go jogging, ig=f you can in the snow. KEEP POSTING WE ARE HERE!!!!

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 16 Feb 2010 21:18 #53664

• bardichev
TRIGGER SHMIGGER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO SOMETHING

EAT

EXCERSIZE

BUY A PURIM COSTUME!!!

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 16 Feb 2010 21:20 #53667

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
buy an ice cream from bardy batchy!!!!!

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 16 Feb 2010 23:00 #53691

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Dude, you can do this...tell us what's happening!

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 17 Feb 2010 02:06 #53727

• yona18
  • Platinum Boarder
This is why GYE is where it's at. You guys are really amazing and without your helping hand I probably would have acted out today. I spoke with a rebbe and with IT today, and both were really instrumental in helping get my mind off the attack and getting back to normal. I went on a walk, ate dinner, socialized with some friends, etc. Getting out of yourself is key. You got to reach out to other people, not just for help in this inyan, but in general, when you're feeling an attack, reaching out and engaging other people in light conversation does wonders for making you forget all about any trigger shmigger that was sent your way.

Right now I feel a lot better. I detect some weak activity in trigger land, a faint yearning to chat with someone else in an aveiradig way, but I feel back in control. This was the hardest day I've had so far though. Had worse, but this was definitely a nice hit from the ol' YH. Took the breath out of me for a few minutes there, but big bad IT and rebbe were there to tag team me out of trouble. SB and Bardichev too of course. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Okay, have a good night everybody!

~ NOYA

Day 25: Tough! Tomorrow will be unrelated to today though, because after all, one day at a time, right IT?

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 17 Feb 2010 11:46 #53765

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes you got it bro!!!!

Thanks for calling, hope you got something out of it, besides a chewed off ear!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Keep it rollin!!

ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 17 Feb 2010 15:58 #53828

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Noya my friend.  Great job in living!!!  Keep on trucking!!  We are all here for you.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 17 Feb 2010 16:06 #53834

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Glad if I was able to help out a little...and doubly glad that you're back in the driver's seat.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 18 Feb 2010 03:39 #53984

• yona18
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you holy brothers for all the encouragement. I was bothered today by the Yetzer Hara somewhat, until I pulled him aside after mincha and told him, "Hey Yetzi, I really appreciate you stopping by today, and I'm glad we got to spend some time together. But I unfortunately have SO much to do right now! I have to study for [edit]! So I'm totally booked, and just don't have time for you right now.

What's unbelievable is that I realized that what I told him wasn't an exaggeration at all. I really am a busy guy! How about that?

He left, and I'm feeling good right now, having put in a solid day's work.

I also got great news I think yesterday, which I forgot to inform the oilam about. I got an interview for a sweet internship this summer that will be very educational and very lucrative if I get it. I hope I do!

Day 26: Did well today overall. Shabbos Koidesh is coming!
Last Edit: 23 Feb 2010 03:56 by .

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 18 Feb 2010 12:15 #54023

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow NOYA you really have got yourself one healthy attitude!!!!

And talking to the "yetzi"?? Thats awesome!!! I wish he would listen to me sometimes too!! :D :D :D

Hatzlacha on your interview!!

And your right shabbos is coming. Cant wait. Im a real shabbos guy!! I wrote a little about it way way back in my thread. But dont waste your time looking for it. It probaly was another one of purely senseless posts!!!
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes