Welcome, Guest

This is it - 90 Days here I come!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 32521 Views

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 03 Jan 2010 20:38 #41484

• bardichev
PROMISE YOURSELF A HUGE TREAT IF YOU WIN!!!!!!!!

GEVALDIGGGGGGGGGG

I HAVE A 1.75 LITER OF WOOD FORD IN THE TRUCK

http://www.wallywine.com/p-29823-woodford-reserve-bourbon-175l.aspx?affiliateid=10098
Last Edit: by Binou.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 03 Jan 2010 21:53 #41529

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
KEEP ON ROCKING NOYA!!!!!!!!!!!!! IS IT ROLLING?? OR MAYBE ITS ROCKIN' AND ROLLIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: by blissfullemur21.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 05 Jan 2010 04:10 #42097

• yona18
  • Current streak: 4500 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Okay, we're moving right along here. Every day I remind myself during Shacharis of what I'm going for. I want to be able to look at myself in the mirror and say, "There's a straight shooting, honest man who doesn't lie to himself or others. There's a guy who has no skeletons in his closet."

I want to be great in learning and be able to tap into kedusha and one cannot do that if he is involved in tumah. Tumah and tahara do not get along at all. I live my life one day at a time and don't look into the future at the struggle, but I do look into the future at the man I want to be five years from now.

I want to be a lamdan, someone who makes minyanim three times a day, who is koveah ittim and who does chesed. I want to be an emesdig yid. That's only possible if you give up lust to Hashem.

Anyway, on to today's report.

Today was AMAZING. I rocked it up today, no joke. I did a really tough thing in learning today [edited due to ID issues].
So that was a big self esteem booster.

I proceeded to rock it up the rest of the day by destroying my final. I actually didn't quite destroy it, as I think I got one question wrong, but I surely have an A average in the course and that's what counts. And yeah, so the day was wonderful.

The yetzer hara saw that Hashem was on my side today, and didn't even bother to wake up today it seems. No attacks, challenges, or other.

Bring on the bourbon, Bardichev, and thanks for the continued support, IT!

Day 11: Great great day! No challenges. A++!
Last Edit: 23 Feb 2010 03:45 by .

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 05 Jan 2010 14:21 #42316

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Awesome news bro.  KUTGW!! 
Last Edit: by joyfulzebra28.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 05 Jan 2010 17:10 #42376

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow - one victory after another, in every area of life - that's fantastic - your attitude, your accomplishments - you do, indeed, rock!

And a perek by heart?? WOW!!
Last Edit: by healingcheetah18.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 05 Jan 2010 20:52 #42489

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
NOYA i dont know what to say anymore! You were rockin and rollin BEFORE you passed your bechina with flying colors. So i guess now your..............................FLYING!! :D :D :D
Last Edit: by zalman5.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 05 Jan 2010 22:06 #42529

• yona18
  • Platinum Boarder
[post removed]
Last Edit: 23 Feb 2010 03:45 by .

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 06 Jan 2010 00:09 #42577

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Hatzlacha on everything!

I once invited a rav to a siyum of mine, and he apologized, saying, "I don't even have enough time to do aveiros!"
Last Edit: by gyeguy24.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 06 Jan 2010 01:14 #42586

• yona18
  • Platinum Boarder
Ouch! Triggered!

I have to be much more makpid on surfing the internet. I can't just mindlessly and aimlessly go on the internet with no plan in mind. I just got triggered by clicking on an ad on [edit].com that led to a page where you could order deep discount magazines from amazon.

How stupid I was! Of course I wanted to see if there was pritzus there! Of course that's what was behind my motivation! Okay, so I saw a cover of something I shouldn't have and I x'ed it out, but that was such a stupid mistake to make.

Okay, deep breaths. Let go of the lust to G-d, and hopefully I'll regain control of the vehicle. Help Rabosai!
Last Edit: 06 Jan 2010 06:30 by 19483520.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 06 Jan 2010 01:57 #42590

• humanbeing
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
You can do it!!! As you said breathe deeply and go Vaiter....Hasehm Shepped Nachas
Last Edit: by wondrousrabbit04.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 06 Jan 2010 02:09 #42596

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Well said, Reb Human - remember, NOYA, you may have slipped, but you did the right thing, and there is literally dancing in the heavens because of you.

Really.
Last Edit: by vibrantjellyfish65.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 06 Jan 2010 02:15 #42599

• yona18
  • Platinum Boarder
Okay, back in the driver's seat. Man, I'm such an addict I can't believe it. I mamash WANT it. What a fascinating phenomenon. I know something is so negative and bad for me and my future, yet my brain and eyes absolutely crave it. Difficult to understand sometimes, but I'll be okay with Hashem's help.

Today's report (Day 12): We started off pretty well, and had a good day, but we had a slip involving being on a website aimlessly and seeing an ad for a pritzus magazine. I should not have been on this website because I had no business being there. I did manage to stop it at that, but I looked at it for around four or five seconds (it wasn't nude, but it was bad) before regaining my senses. So I'm giving myself a B+ for today because I shouldn't have been in that situation. No reason I should have been. Better luck tomorrow, and don't let this landslide no matter what!
Last Edit: by thenewme11211.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 06 Jan 2010 06:32 #42663

• ano nymous
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey NOYA,
Please don't get down over the little bumps in the road. As long as your seat belt is fastened, you are in no danger.
P.S.
Please feel free to call me if you want to shmooze. It helps a LOT when you are feeling weak. I'll send you my phone number in a PM.
Last Edit: by johndoe12345.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 06 Jan 2010 06:42 #42668

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey NOYA,

You slipped a tiny foot back, but you ROARED back 10 steps, because normally "just checking that out" would have led to something else... but you just broke a habit, which is

HUGE!!!

Keep up the good work!
Haba
Last Edit: by fieze.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 06 Jan 2010 11:45 #42734

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
NOYA wrote on 05 Jan 2010 22:06:

Thanks everyone for all the support. I appreciate it, silentbattle and sci and IT. So far, today is also going well. I mamash don't have time for the yetzer hara during finals week; I like that a lot. I find that I like being busy for a period of time, and that I can get "in the zone" for that period of time. Baruch Hashem, He has allowed me to get in the zone.

I did very well on my history final today, and my teacher from investment principles told me that I got an A in his course. I got one question wrong on his final, but I had a buffer of two questions, so I got the A. Great! I had an enormous buffer for the history final today. Basically I cheshbened out that I could get a 63 on the final and still get an A. So BH I think I probably got in the low 90's, so no worries about that.

Let's see. I still have to prepare for my literature final on Thursday and I have to prepare for my calculus final and probability theory final. Those last two will be tomorrow, back to back. It's going to be rough. I have a buffer of 22 points on the calc final, but only 9 points on the probability final. I hope I do well!

So far, this day, Day 12, is going well. No attacks so far, and no real challenges. But I'm not getting overconfident about it. I take things one day at a time, and I ask Hashem to help me get through this day every Shacharis. That's my recipe. Okay, everyone. I'll report again tomorrow night and let you know how my math finals went!
NOYA i dont get ??? I thought your in school ??? whats all his buffer bussiness about ??? Are you a shoeshiner?? You work in grand central or penn??
Last Edit: by renewedfalcon43.
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes