Welcome, Guest

Struggla's Struggle of the 90 day challenge!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Struggla's Struggle of the 90 day challenge! 10551 Views

Re: Struggla's Struggle of the 90 day challenge! 02 Jul 2010 07:05 #72798

• Struggla21
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
bardichev - i shoulda read your post earlier, i fell again.
but no worries, i need to find a better way to spend my high stress moments.
this evening my father needed help with something, but this something is a big project for such late at night. I got upset cause he wouldnt listen to me, at all. How do i keep kibo avod aym if my father is not even listening to my suggestions!?! ugh! and to top it off, i started talking to a non-jewish girl that im friends with and things got a little out of hand. I barely talk to her, i dont know why i did.
where is my high i used to be on!?! where is Hashem!! better question, where am I!?! (not physically, but spiritually lol). i need to get my life into gear.
well Shabbat Shalom y"all.
Day1: Just started...
Last Edit: by .

Re: Struggla's Struggle of the 90 day challenge! 05 Jul 2010 04:53 #73026

• Struggla21
  • Fresh Boarder
i had a bit of a fall last night, actually 2 falls. last night was a crazy night, so first time experiences.. but i did learn to 2 things: emunah and bitchon in Hashem! what i mean is, i need to have bitchon in Hashem that he will help me through the tough times and emunah for assurance that, that help will be followed through.
Hopefully, bezerat Hashem, I have and Hashem will give me the will power to continue on.
fell shmell
Day1: July 4th, what a good day to gain "independence " from this terrible avera. Doing well so far, Hashem please help with the rest of the night - Toda!

Re: Struggla's Struggle of the 90 day challenge! 05 Jul 2010 14:40 #73046

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
struggla21 wrote on 01 Jul 2010 21:12:

well i fell last night, and i am going to post every day!

Nu? Were you just saying this, or what? We didn't hear from you in a coupla days, and the results don't look like what you were hoping for.

Speaking as an obsessive post-er (certainly TOO much posting, but y'all are very nice in humoring me), I see great value in keeping in touch.  Good luck. You're gonna get to the other side of this....

Re: Struggla's Struggle of the 90 day challenge! 06 Jul 2010 04:50 #73099

• Struggla21
  • Fresh Boarder
Briut - you are right! i get lazy, but i will do my best!
ive been to the other side and i like it! cant wait to be back!

Day2: gonna goo so far, everytime i get a thought - i imagine Hashem taking a mallet and smashing those bad images and i see them shutter into small peices. its a wonderful image lol. I read aaron's article on the chizuk email today. it was very uplifting and gave me a perspective of who i was. pretty good day! heading to bed soon.

Re: Struggla's Struggle of the 90 day challenge! 06 Jul 2010 06:08 #73102

• BecomeHoly
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Gold Boarder
a bit of brutal honesty here:

reading how you got to 90 and fell soon after makes me realize that Dov is right - its really gotta be day by day. Counting is really just a guage on whether you're on your way to rewiring. Its something to look forward to, not fall back on...

For TODAY I will be a holy Jew. Session is adjourned until tomorrow. DIDN"T YOU HEAR ME MR. YETZER HARA?? Tomorrow is NOT up for discussion. Today has been decided already. Court DISMISSED!

Re: Struggla's Struggle of the 90 day challenge! 06 Jul 2010 10:07 #73126

• yehoshua1
  • Current streak: 1957 days
  • Platinum Boarder

my respect: 90 days is 90 days. You gave me hope!!! I feel stronger because of you!!!!

Re: Struggla's Struggle of the 90 day challenge! 07 Jul 2010 04:54 #73244

• Struggla21
  • Fresh Boarder
i CAN'T believe i fell again, but i gottta get up and go one day at a time.

Day1: im going to bed now, bedtime is the hardest time for me, but i figured out that i need to go to sleep on time. thats what i used to do and thats what i have to do now. The overall day was good, i learned Torah, but night time is ahhhh! bezerat Hashem I will be okay tonight.

Re: Struggla's Struggle of the 90 day challenge! 07 Jul 2010 06:43 #73252

• yehoshua1
  • Current streak: 1957 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Uf, why did you fall?

Re: Struggla's Struggle of the 90 day challenge! 16 Jul 2010 15:55 #74417

• Struggla21
  • Fresh Boarder
i figured out why i kept falling, but each time, before i fell, i knew, i had a feeling that i am doing somehting wrong.
it was my birthday recently and I promised myself that this year is going to be different. NO MORE FALLING!! STOP THE TRIGGER BEFORE IT EVEN BEGINS!! i know this will be tough, BUT just one day at time. one day at a time.
and to be honest, I cant post everyday. I try to get online, but some days i really do not want to be next to a computer at all. Which i think is good. Less computer time, less opportunity of triggers (yes - i have a filter!).
so Day 1 thru 4: doing well. PUSH. pray until something happens.
Shabbat Shalom

Re: Struggla's Struggle of the 90 day challenge! 07 Oct 2010 06:45 #79860

• Struggla21
  • Fresh Boarder
1:43 am.
I messed up, again.

Re: Struggla's Struggle of the 90 day challenge! 07 Oct 2010 10:09 #79864

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
remember that the y"h wants to get you down now. that's his game. don't let him win!

Re: Struggla's Struggle of the 90 day challenge! 07 Oct 2010 22:23 #79968

• Struggla21
  • Fresh Boarder
i saw a bumper sticker today on the way to school. it said "PRAY NOW".
when I got to school and parked, i saw another bumper sticker. it said "GOD LISTENS".

If this is not a clear cut sign from HaKodesh Baruch, i dont know what is. 

Re: Struggla's Struggle of the 90 day challenge! 08 Oct 2010 09:12 #79998

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Indeed - hashem is always sending us hugs and waves hello...we just have to open our eyes to see them - and clearly, you have! :D

Re: Struggla's Struggle of the 90 day challenge! 10 Dec 2010 07:16 #88684

• Struggla21
  • Fresh Boarder
From DailyHalacha.com
The Rabbi Jacob S. Kassin Memorial Halacha Series
Authored by Rabbi Eli J. Mansour (12/10/2010)
Description: How Should One Respond After Dreaming That He Committed a Sin?

If a person dreamt that he committed a sinful act - such as a dream that violated Shabbat or ate on Yom Kippur - should he view the dream as a sign from God that he must repent?  Or, may he simply ignore the dream?

Rav Haim Palachi (Turkey, 1788-1869), in his work Haim Be'yad (52), writes (listen to audio recording for precise citation) that there is no need for one to be concerned about such dreams.  He notes that to the contrary, the Gemara comments that certain dreams involving sinful conduct are actually auspicious omens.  For example, the Gemara comments that one who dreams that he engaged in an incestuous relationship should expect to acquire wisdom, and a dream of a relationship with a betrothed girl could mean that a person will become a Torah scholarship.  Clearly, then, a dream about an inappropriate act does not necessarily portend evil or indicate that one must repent.

However, the Ben Ish Hai (Rav Yosef Haim of Baghdad, 1833-1909), in his work Rab Pe'alim (vol. 2, Yoreh De'a 32), writes that sometimes dreams of this nature may, indeed, be an indication that one had inadvertently sinned and requires atonement.  He cites the Gemara's comment in Masechet Nedarim that if a person dreamt that he was placed in excommunication, he should seek release from excommunication.  Furthermore, Rav Haim Palachi himself, elsewhere in that same work (Haim Be'yad, 92), writes that it is praiseworthy to be concerned about such dreams.  And he relates the story of the Tashbetz (Rabbi Shimon Ben Semah Duran of Algiers, 1361-1444), who dreamt that he ate non-kosher meat, and after some inquiry discovered that indeed he had eaten some meat of questionable kosher status.

In fact, Rav Yaakob Haim Sofer (Baghdad-Israel, 1870-1939) would record every time he dreamt a bad dream, and eventually collected all these descriptions into a special booklet.  For example, he writes that one year on Ereb Pesah, he dreamt that some kosher meat and non-kosher became mixed together, and once he dreamt that certain cheese which was assumed kosher was in fact not kosher.  On other occasions, he dreamt that there worms in the bread sold in the kosher market, and that recently-slaughtered meat was not kosher.  And there was once when he dreamt a verse, "God shall protect your soul," and in the subsequent weeks certain calamities befell the community, but Rav Yaakob Haim was spared.  He also writes that every year on Tisha B'Ab he would dream verses of comfort and consolation.

Interestingly enough, in his work Kaf Ha'haim (239:6), Rav Yaakob Haim relates an incident of a person who entered the synagogue for the Minha prayer, and he began the service with the Amida, skipping the preliminary recitations ("Le'shem Yihud," "La'menase'ah," the Ketoret, and "Ashreh").  He then dreamt a dream criticizing him for skipping these sections of the prayer service.  As it turns out, this man was none other than the Kaf Ha'haim himself; he records this dream in the aforementioned booklet.  He once skipped the preliminary portions of the Minha service, and he was criticized for this omission in a dream.  Similarly, he writes in Kaf Ha'haim of a person who customarily gave three coins to charity during the recitation of "Va'yebarech David" in the morning, and once neglected to make this donation.  He then dreamt that he was criticized for neglecting this practice.  This, too, is a reference to the Kaf Ha'haim himself, as he records in his booklet.  Thus, according to the Kaf Ha'haim, dreams of this nature are certainly worth concerning oneself about, and one should respond through serious introspection and repentance.

Practically speaking, all this applies on the level of Midat Hasidut (a special measure of piety), and is not required according to the strict Halacha.  Additionally, one who feels distressed and anxious as a result of his dream should use it as an opportunity for introspection and Teshuba.  On the level of strict Halacha, however, one may certainly ignore such dreams and is not required to undertake any special measures in response.  This is the ruling of Hacham Yishak Yosef, in his work Shulhan Ha'ma'arechet (p. 5).

Summary: Strictly speaking, there is no need for one to be concerned upon dreaming a bad dream, such as a dream suggesting that he had committed a forbidden act.  Nevertheless, it is meritorious to utilize such dreams as opportunities for introspection, particularly if the dream causes one anxiety.

Re: Struggla's Struggle of the 90 day challenge! 10 Dec 2010 07:41 #88686

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi! Great to have you back - how are you doing?

Have you been dreaming recently?
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes