Welcome, Guest

90 days??(gulp) What's the big deal?
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: 90 days??(gulp) What's the big deal? 9476 Views

Re: 90 days??(gulp) What's the big deal? 09 Nov 2009 22:24 #27448

• rashkebehag
shomerhabris@yahoo.com. It was through them that I found out about K9 filter and i installed according to their instructions which included giving them the password and making them the email adress, I would like to change it to yours but they won't let like i said they told me thay don;'t know you. I think the name of the org is ShomerHabrit, but i gave you the adress.
Last Edit: by cam.

Re: 90 days??(gulp) What's the big deal? 09 Nov 2009 22:33 #27451

• Luria
how exactly do you enter a password without remembering it? The copy and paste functiopn doesnt work when entering the password so I cant just enter a password without looking - i gotta enter it twice. Anyone have any luck with this?
Last Edit: by superwoman.

Re: 90 days??(gulp) What's the big deal? 09 Nov 2009 22:37 #27455

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
What i did was write down a really difficult password then put it in and then throwing out the paper all the while trying not to memerize the password. If you make it difficult enough this should work.
Last Edit: by geulahsz.

Re: 90 days??(gulp) What's the big deal? 09 Nov 2009 22:38 #27457

• rashkebehag
you write a password on a peice of paper, something like df7g85mf392hdk. than you put it in twice reading from the paper, you will never remember it than throw out the paper
Last Edit: 09 Nov 2009 23:02 by ksrul.

Re: 90 days??(gulp) What's the big deal? 09 Nov 2009 22:39 #27458

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Rash i just posted basically the same thing. ;D :D I guess if two guys ar saying it its probaly a good siman that it works.
Last Edit: by zxcvbnm.

Re: 90 days??(gulp) What's the big deal? 09 Nov 2009 23:01 #27461

• rashkebehag
I am looking up the org i told you about and i can't find it. It was manned by volunteers, maybe it disbanded. But i checked my emails and that is the correct adress. i would feel better if the K9 had your address. espcially if the Shomer Habrit is non existing. last time we tried doing GotomyPC and it didn't work for some reason
Last Edit: by ksrul.

Re: 90 days??(gulp) What's the big deal? 10 Nov 2009 21:21 #27569

• Luria
Ok so I am back to Day 1. Unfortunately I needed yesterday to crash and burn before realizing I needed a new plan of action; a new mindset so to speak. I also had my disagreements with some of the 12 steps  (yes, i am strange like that) but I have come around on that as well. I will be working my way through the 12 Steps - not just reading, but working through it.  - hopefully I will see some positive results.

Fighting didn't work out for me as planned. Even when I said I would put it in Hashem's hand I would do so for a few days and then  keep sneaking back into the fight and getting pummelled. But I'm done with that - hopefully this will work out a little better  

Being sick at home today has given me time to start working on them as well as draw this horrendously awful diagram to visually represent my journey  - to quote eye.nonymous - "just one day at a time - for 90 days"

90
                                                                                                                                                        ----------------
                                                                                                                                                  -----------
                                                                                                                   -------------------------------
                                                                                                              ---------
                                                                            -------------------------------------
                                                                    -------------
                                          --------------------------------
                                   ----------
                    -------------------
                ------
          ---------
       ----
    -----
 1 ( You are here)
Last Edit: 10 Nov 2009 21:23 by onguard.

Re: 90 days??(gulp) What's the big deal? 11 Nov 2009 14:49 #27623

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 763 days
Beautiful insights! (not so beautiful diagram  )
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Arithelobo.

Re: 90 days??(gulp) What's the big deal? 11 Nov 2009 15:58 #27629

• Luria
Thanks, for now I am the little kid in my picture. I can't see him getting into any fights especially with that big guy protecting him 8)
Last Edit: 11 Nov 2009 21:15 by Gonnakeeppushing.

Re: 90 days??(gulp) What's the big deal? 11 Nov 2009 21:21 #27755

• Luria
I don't get it - the perosn who I got to put in the passord for the filter is a great mechanech - really perceptive and on the ball. Yet when he finally helped me (he's always quick to help when things are urgent but I  had to chase after him for a week)it he made a comment that it is nice that I am doing this but he knows me wel land that I  am a good kid and not the type who truly needs a filter. :

Which made me wonder

1) How could a Rebbe who is so perceptive be so off the mark? What will make people realize how prevalent and serious these problems are - not only among people with obvious "issues"?

2) How do regular people use the internet without a filter? Is it the equivalent of having a kosher restaurant next door, which most of us would never sneak into to eat there , even if no one was watching?
Last Edit: 11 Nov 2009 21:47 by S me.

Re: 90 days??(gulp) What's the big deal? 11 Nov 2009 21:25 #27759

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Either he was

1) off the mark on this one
2) more ON than you know!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by Mendys.

Re: 90 days??(gulp) What's the big deal? 12 Nov 2009 00:47 #27798

• Luria
No, he was definitely "off" on this one. Just annoys me how even the "good" kids that get addicted to drugs or alcohol can be noticed by someone with a keen eye but those same good kids with this specific addiction can avoid detection and just fall through the cracks....unless they're lucky enough to stumble upon this site
Last Edit: by madirax.

Re: 90 days??(gulp) What's the big deal? 12 Nov 2009 22:35 #28074

• rashkebehag
I don't understand the mechanech, everyone needs a filter, and even with a filter there is no guarantee. One wrong click on the mouse can get one to discover a world that he never knew existed filled with terrible sights that one cannot avoid being attracted to. Only a filter can help. just as there is an issur yichudso to one cannot be alone with the internet.
Last Edit: by xyz.

Re: 90 days??(gulp) What's the big deal? 13 Nov 2009 01:07 #28087

• Luria
I hear that.. I just wonder if the average non-addict instinctively looks away when he encounters such  images and know it is out of bounds for him
Last Edit: by Josh726.

Re: 90 days??(gulp) What's the big deal? 13 Nov 2009 17:26 #28212

• rashkebehag
i also wonder about that and i imagine so. but , still, one can always become an addict. No one is guaranteed that he has on Yietzer Hara in this
Last Edit: by WillyTika.
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes