Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: I'm Trying! 41476 Views

Re: I'm Trying! 05 Jan 2010 23:26 #42567

• Dov
  • Administrator
Sorry to hear you had a tough day - maybe it will be better tomorrow because you had a hard day today? Who knows?
You are a beautiful person and doing good in this world.
There. I said it.
Now take it like a man!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by progressivewolf40.

Re: I'm Trying! 05 Jan 2010 23:49 #42571

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Rock on, man - you can feel good that despite the pressure, you're still standing!

Still davening for you, by the way...
Last Edit: by DeletedUser15348.

Re: I'm Trying! 06 Jan 2010 02:59 #42605

• TrYiNg
Oh and trying thats one more day of davening you owe me.

Sure do Tryah 2! Thank you for giving me the opportunity. (Maybe it needs to become better..Im still doin just to get by  :-\)

KEEP ROCKING
Last Edit: by sparklinghawk84.

Re: I'm Trying! 06 Jan 2010 03:44 #42627

• habib613
imtrying, bro!
proud u stayed strong!

dov's post is awesome
Last Edit: by zefat5783.

Re: I'm Trying! 06 Jan 2010 07:19 #42682

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry you had a hard day yesterday.

Today is a new day.

You know you can call me anytime, right?
Last Edit: by balancedsquirrel13.

Re: I'm Trying! 06 Jan 2010 08:17 #42692

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
dov wrote on 05 Jan 2010 23:26:

Sorry to hear you had a tough day - maybe it will be better tomorrow because you had a hard day today? Who knows?
You are a beautiful person and doing good in this world.
There. I said it.
Now take it like a man!
Thanks Rebbi! Your words are like pure gold to me!! That was beautiful and you did say it,which means alot, but i dont know if i know how to take it like a man ???
Last Edit: by sparklingmongoose14.

Re: I'm Trying! 06 Jan 2010 08:24 #42694

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks to all gor your responses. Im feeling much better today, BH. Hopefully this will carry me through the day!

SB- Im sorry i didnt know you were davening for me ??? I really appreciate it. I believe in these things so much. Although i dont believe in woopy joopy i do believe in davening.

TrYiNg- Although ill be honest and say i cant feel how your davening is helping, but im sure it is in many ways. They never said, "feeling is believeing"!! Check what i wrote to SB.

Habib- Thanks for the kind words. And thanks for alwaysbeing an inspiration to me!! And check out what i posted to Dov. I do recognize what he wrote and that it is awesome.

Momo- Thanks for always being there for me!! I know i should call but when im down i really "close out". I didnt even call my wife!! I explained to her i was down and stuff and she understood me. BH for that!

Last Edit: by cheerfulkoala89.

Re: I'm Trying! 06 Jan 2010 08:28 #42700

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey IM25,

Have a superfly day! I hope today is about 8,00000% better than yesterday!! (I know the comma is messed up, it kind of puts people off kilter... I like it like that!!!)
Last Edit: by yeshtikveh.

Re: I'm Trying! 06 Jan 2010 08:30 #42703

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
habaletaher wrote on 06 Jan 2010 08:28:

Hey IM25,

Have a superfly day! I hope today is about 8,00000% better than yesterday!! (I know the comma is messed up, it kind of puts people off kilter... I like it like that!!!)
Thanks HL. Dont mind where the comma goes as long as its bett er than yest!!!! :D
Last Edit: by potatochips.

Re: I'm Trying! 06 Jan 2010 12:15 #42744

• habib613
imtrying25 wrote on 06 Jan 2010 08:24:

Habib- Thanks for the kind words. And thanks for alwaysbeing an inspiration to me!! And check out what i posted to Dov. I do recognize what he wrote and that it is awesome.

Momo- Thanks for always being there for me!! I know i should call but when im down i really "close out". I didnt even call my wife!! I explained to her i was down and stuff and she understood me. BH for that!

and ur an inspiration to me too!
but imtrying, sorry for being so blunt, but u gotta work on the not calling people thing...
i close up too, and that is by far the most dangerous time for me. because i feel so incredibly alone then, and i don't want to reach out, a lot of times that's when i slip.
Last Edit: by doing.

Re: I'm Trying! 06 Jan 2010 12:20 #42748

• habib613
habib613 wrote on 06 Jan 2010 12:15:

but imtrying, sorry for being so blunt, but u gotta work on the not calling people thing...
I close up too, and that is by far the most dangerous time for me. because I feel so incredibly alone then, and I don't want to reach out, a lot of times that's when I slip.

i think dov won't like this post... :-\ don't listen to me, i speak giberrish!
Last Edit: 06 Jan 2010 12:23 by betterme1.

Re: I'm Trying! 06 Jan 2010 12:23 #42752

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Absolutly false, Habib. Dov is a HUGE fan of calling people. And i know your right, its just so hard. I just feel like i wanna be by myself. :-\
Last Edit: by hopefuldolphin86.

Re: I'm Trying! 06 Jan 2010 12:25 #42755

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
habib613 wrote on 06 Jan 2010 12:15:

i close up too, and that is by far the most dangerous time for me. because i feel so incredibly alone then, and i don't want to reach out, a lot of times that's when i slip.

Actually, I should have called IT25. Sorry I didn't.

When I'm down, I don't feel like calling either, but after someone calls me I feel much better. Also, if I build up the courage to call, I feel much better too.

Isolation is one of the Y"H's biggest tricks. You have to build up the courage to call someone and talk it out.

IT25, I haven't called you because it always seems to be the "wrong" time. I can only get you during lunch, right?
Last Edit: by thegeveer.

Re: I'm Trying! 06 Jan 2010 12:27 #42761

• habib613
when ur in that mood (funk) first of all, try to realize that your in a bad mood. when u say i don't want to talk, is that the real you, or this like ruach that has taken over you. and once you realize what the real you would want if u were normal... call someone. just tell them your in a bad mood, can you talk, because that'll help cheer u up...
when u wanna be by yourself, that's the worst time to be by yourself

i wrote this thing then momo showed up and said it PERFECTLY! (except the part where he blames himself...)
Last Edit: by paco.

Re: I'm Trying! 06 Jan 2010 12:29 #42764

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks to you both for the words. Im gonna make an extra effort next time. Although it aint easy. It means telling myself, "i cant do this alone". And thats hard!!
Last Edit: by fishdave.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes