Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: I'm Trying! 41487 Views

Re: I'm Trying! 04 Jan 2010 15:07 #41766

• habib613
also, just as a side note, if you tell her, do it for her, not you.
or at least make it sound like you're telling her for her sake...
as nice as she is, it's a very very big shock, more that the j-lemaddict one.
Last Edit: by sunnylemur09.

Re: I'm Trying! 04 Jan 2010 15:38 #41778

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
oh, boy. that musta been totally crazy!

i hope you have a fabulous day, IT!!!
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by balancedsquirrel74.

Re: I'm Trying! 04 Jan 2010 15:45 #41782

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
habib613 wrote on 04 Jan 2010 15:07:

also, just as a side note, if you tell her, do it for her, not you.
or at least make it sound like you're telling her for her sake...
as nice as she is, it's a very very big shock, more that the j-lemaddict one.
Yes i realize this. This is one of the reasons why im hesitant intelling her. :-\
My wife thinks that im throwing out chizuk and stuff but she probaly realizes theres more.
letakain21 wrote on 04 Jan 2010 15:38:

oh, boy. that musta been totally crazy!

i hope you have a fabulous day, IT!!!
Actually having a pretty weak day. No slips or anything but feeling really weak. And sensitive. Like everything i see is affecting me much more than usual. So im just takin it minute by minute and trying to keep myself upbeat.
Last Edit: by משנה.

Re: I'm Trying! 04 Jan 2010 15:49 #41783

• habib613
wait a sec...
she knows that GYE is for addicts... she knows you're on GYE... she knows uri and eye-nonymous and ppl came to your house for a kumzitz and they're all addicts... but she doesn't know you're one too??
so confused!

and about today- all those little triggers can really hurt. do you think you can lock yourself in a closet for today?  jk
Last Edit: by livelycheetah36.

Re: I'm Trying! 04 Jan 2010 16:27 #41812

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Hang in there, IT, my friend.

Perhaps you're mood is caused by all the stress you've been thru with this "sticky" situation. Being down on myself, even just cuz my wife didn't smile at me this morning, brings on the RID and makes it difficult to control my eyes. And it's equally tough cuz you're carrying this bombshell and feeling guilty over it, and worrying about her figuring it out without you.

Take a few deep breaths. Take this pekkel and hang it up on a nail by the exit - pick it up later on your way out. Having some time & distance from thinking about these things, even subconsciously, will lighten you and make the burden easier when you pick it up later. Meanwhile, focus on some tasks you need, do them well, so you can get back your self-esteem.

Believe in yourself, in your own goodness. You were very brave and giving to have the kumzitz at home. Hashem will protect you. Daven for him to guide you.

And before telling your wife, speak to DC and other veterans. It might not be the right thing to do. I disagree with whoever said it's part of the 12 steps. it ain't necessarily so.

Love,

Steve.
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: by binyaminzevwolf.

Re: I'm Trying! 04 Jan 2010 16:32 #41817

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
habib613 wrote on 04 Jan 2010 15:49:

wait a sec...
she knows that GYE is for addicts... she knows you're on GYE... she knows uri and eye-nonymous and ppl came to your house for a kumzitz and they're all addicts... but she doesn't know you're one too??
so confused!
  Its hard but it could be explained. But not for now.

and about today- all those little triggers can really hurt. do you think you can lock yourself in a closet for today?  jk

Yes i know they can hurt and that worries me. And how i wish i could lock myslef up. For now im hangin here and hopefully that will help. It usually does. :-\
Last Edit: by wd12.

Re: I'm Trying! 04 Jan 2010 16:33 #41818

• onelife
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Gold Boarder
imtrying25 wrote on 04 Jan 2010 11:17:

Im still trying to think of a way to break it to her. As i see on the forum, all those that do have their wives know about it seem to be really gaining from it.

IT,  "Yode'a zaddick nefesh behemto"  you know your wife the best, and you can assume what will be her reaction for telling her you are addict,
don't be pulled after those who tried and succeeded , but just think on you, its absolutely individual for each wife.

i understand you that go out from the isolation especially with your wife gonna be the  best feeling you have ever felt.
its like a big rock go down from your heart, you don't liar any more.

i wish you success, wherever it will go...

Last Edit: by ithepatriotdontgiveup.

Re: I'm Trying! 04 Jan 2010 16:33 #41820

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve wrote on 04 Jan 2010 16:27:

Hang in there, IT, my friend.

Perhaps you're mood is caused by all the stress you've been thru with this "sticky" situation. Being down on myself, even just cuz my wife didn't smile at me this morning, brings on the RID and makes it difficult to control my eyes. And it's equally tough cuz you're carrying this bombshell and feeling guilty over it, and worrying about her figuring it out without you.

Take a few deep breaths. Take this pekkel and hang it up on a nail by the exit - pick it up later on your way out. Having some time & distance from thinking about these things, even subconsciously, will lighten you and make the burden easier when you pick it up later. Meanwhile, focus on some tasks you need, do them well, so you can get back your self-esteem.

Believe in yourself, in your own goodness. You were very brave and giving to have the kumzitz at home. Hashem will protect you. Daven for him to guide you.

And before telling your wife, speak to DC and other veterans. It might not be the right thing to do. I disagree with whoever said it's part of the 12 steps. it ain't necessarily so.

Love,

Steve.
Thanks steve. Devorim hayotzim min halev nichnosin el halev! Thanks again.
Last Edit: by jollyzebra24.

Re: I'm Trying! 04 Jan 2010 16:35 #41822

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I would try and tell her and and actually show her this wonderful website.  She must have an idea about it.  Now if you give her the key, it will help.  She might surprise you!!!  Trust in her.  KUTGW and all I can tell you is go for it.  My wife saves me more days then I save myself.

Last Edit: by gsgs.

Re: I'm Trying! 04 Jan 2010 16:35 #41823

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
OneLife wrote on 04 Jan 2010 16:33:

imtrying25 wrote on 04 Jan 2010 11:17:

Im still trying to think of a way to break it to her. As i see on the forum, all those that do have their wives know about it seem to be really gaining from it.

IT,  "Yode'a zaddick nefesh behemto"  you know your wife the best, and you can assume what will be her reaction for telling her you are addict,
don't be pulled after those who tried and succeeded , but just think on you, its absolutely individual for each wife.

i understand you that go out from the isolation especially with your wife gonna be the  best feeling you have ever felt.
its like a big rock go down from your heart, you don't liar any more.

i wish you success, wherever it will go...

Thanks for the kind words OL. and i hope i make the right decision. :-\
Last Edit: by optimistickoala57.

Re: I'm Trying! 04 Jan 2010 16:36 #41825

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
sci1977 wrote on 04 Jan 2010 16:35:

I would try and tell her and and actually show her this wonderful website.  She must have an idea about it.  Now if you give her the key, it will help.  She might surprise you!!!  Trust in her.  KUTGW and all I can tell you is go for it.  My wife saves me more days then I save myself.

You should know that your situation is the biggest reason why i want to break it all to her. You seem to be getting so much from the fact that you have your wife behind you. But im trying on thinking the best way to break it to her. :-\
Last Edit: by healingviper69.

Re: I'm Trying! 04 Jan 2010 16:43 #41831

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Honesty is the best policy. Give her all of you and she will have to make a choice.  Give her the key to GUE and you'll still have everything you want.  Listen to your head and G-d.  Thanks for saying I am one of the reasons.  G-d will help you make the right choice.  I know you will too.  But let you be the one that breaks it to her.  My wife discovered everything and one of the things that kept coming up, was, why didn't you tell me.  I am your best friend and wife.  Look deep inside and you'll find the true answer that is right for yourself.  But my two cents worth is tell her, before she discovers it.  Break the ice and expect a long storm.  After the storm, you will find out your wife is everything you truly want her to be and you will not need to think of any other woman in the world.  (Thats what has happened to me.)
Last Edit: by radiantswan28.

Re: I'm Trying! 04 Jan 2010 17:04 #41848

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
sci1977 wrote on 04 Jan 2010 16:43:

Honesty is the best policy. Give her all of you and she will have to make a choice.  Give her the key to GUE and you'll still have everything you want.  Listen to your head and G-d.  Thanks for saying I am one of the reasons.  G-d will help you make the right choice.  I know you will too.  But let you be the one that breaks it to her.  My wife discovered everything and one of the things that kept coming up, was, why didn't you tell me.  I am your best friend and wife.  Look deep inside and you'll find the true answer that is right for yourself.  But my two cents worth is tell her, before she discovers it.  Break the ice and expect a long storm.  After the storm, you will find out your wife is everything you truly want her to be and you will not need to think of any other woman in the world.  (Thats what has happened to me.)
I know how right you are sci. But its so hard. I mean really hard.  :-\ :-\ But im gonna think of a way. I actually have an idea and hope to implement it soon. Good luck to me.
Last Edit: by upbeatbutterfly05.

Re: I'm Trying! 04 Jan 2010 17:58 #41870

• habib613
good luck to you!
Last Edit: by akiva1989.

Re: I'm Trying! 04 Jan 2010 18:17 #41879

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
habib613 wrote on 04 Jan 2010 17:58:

good luck to you!
Thanks sis. I can use all the luck i can get.
Last Edit: by shoeph.
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes