Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: I'm Trying! 41491 Views

Re: I'm Trying! 31 Dec 2009 10:19 #40404

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
imtrying25 wrote on 30 Dec 2009 16:55:

sci1977 wrote on 30 Dec 2009 16:53:

KUTGW!!!  Thanks for responding to my posts.  I am grateful for the fact you thank your wife.  It reminds me how powerful our wives can be.  
Every day sober allows me to realize how truly blessed i am that Hashem has given me my wife.

Nothing makes me happier than reading posts like this.
Treat her like a queen and she will be your slave forever.

Hey 7up; that was deep!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by vibrantdolphin30.

Re: I'm Trying! 31 Dec 2009 11:04 #40407

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
habaletaher wrote on 31 Dec 2009 08:26:

I hope that there are very few of us here that are clinically depressed which means that we are all going out and functioning (hopefully real well) in society, but we have the "other, secret" side of us that creeps into our consciousness and mars it, and also takes up our time at night or other times. but I think that many of us are "Living" a lot on the outside. Ironically it is precisely for that reason that the pain of our secret life is so great, because you're like, I really don't need this, I could have a great life without it!

And we will!

This is pure gold!
Last Edit: by sprightlypenguin38.

Re: I'm Trying! 31 Dec 2009 11:57 #40426

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
7Up wrote on 31 Dec 2009 10:19:

imtrying25 wrote on 30 Dec 2009 16:55:

sci1977 wrote on 30 Dec 2009 16:53:

KUTGW!!!  Thanks for responding to my posts.  I am grateful for the fact you thank your wife.  It reminds me how powerful our wives can be.  
Every day sober allows me to realize how truly blessed i am that Hashem has given me my wife.

Nothing makes me happier than reading posts like this.
Treat her like a queen and she will be your slave forever.

Hey 7up; that was deep!
Yes it was om.
Last Edit: by energeticunicorn03.

Re: I'm Trying! 31 Dec 2009 15:02 #40482

• habib613
silentbattle wrote on 31 Dec 2009 08:08:

Somehow, Habib, you don't seem like the fretting type. Unless you play guitar.

I think that for some of us, we do need to make changes in the way we live - some of us need major changes, others more minor, to make sure that we're really focusing on living life. And if we're involved in things that are stopping us from living, in some way, then I guess we'd need to address that, as well!
habaletaher wrote on 31 Dec 2009 08:26:

I hope that there are very few of us here that are clinically depressed which means that we are all going out and functioning (hopefully real well) in society, but we have the "other, secret" side of us that creeps into our consciousness and mars it, and also takes up our time at night or other times. but I think that many of us are "Living" a lot on the outside. Ironically it is precisely for that reason that the pain of our secret life is so great, because you're like, I really don't need this, I could have a great life without it!

And we will!

i think you two are right.
happens to be i used to be pretty depressed. and combined with the addiction, well, i wasn't functioning.
so for me, had to make a lot of major changes.
but people like IT, trying, you guys....
you're all already living. so it was just an issue of focusing on and enjoying all the things you were all already doing.
and since IT doesn't usually talk about his day to day life, i didn't see it, i guess.

thanks for clarifying
Last Edit: by paternalprince660.

Re: I'm Trying! 31 Dec 2009 15:35 #40505

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey, the truth is that it was only me and silent talking... for all we know IT doesn't really live much, which is why he's quiet about his day to day life

Just kidding of course... the way IT gives out so much chizzuk, he's clearly a giving person, and I'm sure he is very much "Living" on the outside, as I imagine you are Habib, more and more, one day at a time...

Eeech gishlept mein truk a sach, unn eich vill gishlept mein trukke nuch a sach!!!

I don't do the yiddish too well, but I think this means

I've shlepped my truck a whole lot, and I'm gonna shlepp my truck a whole lot more

That is Yiddish for KOT!!
Last Edit: by Gyepp.

Re: I'm Trying! 31 Dec 2009 15:40 #40510

• habib613
habaletaher wrote on 31 Dec 2009 15:35:

Eeech gishlept mein truk a sach, unn eich vill gishlept mein trukke nuch a sach!!!

I've shlepped my truck a whole lot, and I'm gonna shlepp my truck a whole lot more

LOL!

IT, where arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu?
Last Edit: by sparklingowl58.

Re: I'm Trying! 31 Dec 2009 16:02 #40515

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
habib613 wrote on 31 Dec 2009 15:40:

habaletaher wrote on 31 Dec 2009 15:35:

LOL!

IT, where arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu?
Im here. I see i can t leave this forum for more than 5 minutes without people sending out an sos call. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Last Edit: by brightbison03.

Re: I'm Trying! 31 Dec 2009 16:31 #40534

• habib613
:D
Last Edit: by timetoreconnect.

Re: I'm Trying! 31 Dec 2009 16:35 #40536

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Habib i want you to know that not everything is as simple as it looks. My being upbeat and whatever is not the way i always was. This came with alot of work. Ohhhhhhhhhh there so much i wanna say but............... whatever.
Last Edit: by adventurouslynx30.

Re: I'm Trying! 31 Dec 2009 16:37 #40539

• habib613
whatever?
c'mon, imtrying, i wanna hear this!
Last Edit: by DeletedUser13154.

Re: I'm Trying! 31 Dec 2009 17:38 #40580

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes, teach us, oh wise one!!  ;D

I like Ken Burgess - I don't love all his stuff, but enough of it that I bought the first two of his albums.

Let this poor man see, he will always be, the hero...da-da...dum, da-da-da-da-tadum
Last Edit: by empoweredswan88.

Re: I'm Trying! 31 Dec 2009 17:53 #40590

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
imtrying25 wrote on 31 Dec 2009 16:35:

Habib i want you to know that not everything is as simple as it looks. My being upbeat and whatever is not the way i always was. This came with alot of work. Ohhhhhhhhhh there so much i wanna say but............... whatever.

That is sooooo illegal!!! You can't drop the, there's so much I wanna say bomb, and then follow it up with a whatever.  That's like palestinians shooting rockets at Israel, and the government just saying.... whatever!

no can do my friend!!!
Last Edit: by RakAtahEl.

Re: I'm Trying! 31 Dec 2009 18:06 #40593

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
:'(
Last Edit: by pleasedswan12.

Re: I'm Trying! 31 Dec 2009 18:09 #40598

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Ha - you just reminded me of a girl I dated...she kept saying things like, "y'know, I really want to mention something that you've...never mind, I can't say that."
Last Edit: by Davidddddjq12222.

Re: I'm Trying! 31 Dec 2009 18:14 #40609

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
:D
Last Edit: by progressiveotter54.
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes