Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: I'm Trying! 41486 Views

Re: I'm Trying! 29 Dec 2009 11:41 #39372

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey IT25.  I just thought I'd drop a note to your thread.  I hope you're doing well.

-Eye.
Last Edit: by hyuo.

Re: I'm Trying! 29 Dec 2009 11:43 #39374

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eye.nonymous wrote on 29 Dec 2009 11:41:

Hey IT25.  I just thought I'd drop a note to your thread.  I hope you're doing well.

-Eye.
Ok good. Now you have my address.
Last Edit: by notincontrol.

Re: I'm Trying! 29 Dec 2009 11:59 #39398

• TrYiNg
trYiNg, thanks for saying hello. And yes youll have to daven again today.  and yes i have been pretty busy with the kumzitz but other things are taking time away from me as well. dont worry, good things.

k. You calmed me down.
(reminds me of a long time ago when we were all joking about how some ppl get bz and don't post. Like whaddya mean, they actually have  life beside GYE? Impossible. lol)

GO IT
Last Edit: by gye321.

Re: I'm Trying! 29 Dec 2009 12:05 #39405

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
TrYiNg wrote on 29 Dec 2009 11:59:

trYiNg, thanks for saying hello. And yes youll have to daven again today.  and yes i have been pretty busy with the kumzitz but other things are taking time away from me as well. dont worry, good things.

k. You calmed me down.
(reminds me of a long time ago when we were all joking about how some ppl get bz and don't post. Like whaddya mean, they actually have  life beside GYE? Impossible. lol)

GO IT
To be honest with you....I DONT HAVE LIFE WITHOUT GYE. it comes with me the whole day. Maybe not in posting, but in the many lessons and tricks i learn here. And all my new family and friends. Well not so new anymore.
Last Edit: by 138eagle.

Re: I'm Trying! 29 Dec 2009 12:14 #39411

• TrYiNg
imtrying25 wrote on 29 Dec 2009 12:05:

TrYiNg wrote on 29 Dec 2009 11:59:

k. You calmed me down.

GO IT
To be honest with you....I DONT HAVE LIFE WITHOUT GYE. it comes with me the whole day. Maybe not in posting, but in the many lessons and tricks i learn here. And all my new family and friends. Well not so new anymore.

me neither...
Last Edit: by annonn.

Re: I'm Trying! 29 Dec 2009 14:40 #39503

• levite
  • Current streak: 652 days
  • Expert Boarder
trying kol hakavod!@ kutgw @
Last Edit: by empoweredotter02.

Re: I'm Trying! 29 Dec 2009 15:02 #39511

• onelife
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Gold Boarder
hi imtrying,
do you post here your journey?
i haven't found you on the wall of honor...
have you reached the 90 days clean?

Last Edit: by anonylady.

Re: I'm Trying! 29 Dec 2009 16:49 #39571

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
levite wrote on 29 Dec 2009 14:40:

trying kol hakavod!@ kutgw @
Thanks levite for dropping a line.
OneLife wrote on 29 Dec 2009 15:02:

hi imtrying,
do you post here your journey?
i haven't found you on the wall of honor...
have you reached the 90 days clean?

Answer; no no no. No what am i supposed to say?? Ummmmmmm. So ill say this. Ive noticed in the past then when i count it puts too much pressure on me. Personal thing, but fact. So i decided im going with a different approach. Im just gonna try and live my life to the fullest. Fill my day with all types of good things and whatever. keep my mind off all the "other stuff". So therefore, no, i have not reached 90 days. But i hope i will. But im not counting my way there, like i explained before. So thats why im not on the wall. I also dont keep much of a journey because i dont have much to say. Im just living life. Taking the bumps as they come. Gliding and riding the bumpy road called life.  So i hope i answered your question. :D
Last Edit: by aaaixxx.

Re: I'm Trying! 29 Dec 2009 17:27 #39597

• Dov
  • Administrator
Sounds like a rather somewhat sane guy to me. More or less, pretty much I guess.

OK...he's alright.

;D
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by renewedviper21.

Re: I'm Trying! 29 Dec 2009 17:30 #39599

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
dov wrote on 29 Dec 2009 17:27:

Sounds like a rather somewhat sane guy to me. More or less, pretty much I guess.

OK...he's alright.

;D
Did everyone hear that?? I got a haskama from my Rebbi!! Although he was hesitent lemayseh i got it. Can i call myself a Talmid now, Rebbi??
Last Edit: by Startingfresh3000.

Re: I'm Trying! 29 Dec 2009 17:37 #39601

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Ha - IT, you're the kind of talmid any rebbe would be proud to have!

(Yeah, I finally found your thread) 

As far as the 90 days, I agree with you, IT - everyone needs to go with what works for them. Kinda like chulent, no? Everyone has their own idea of what the best way to make it is. And that's fine - everyone should make it the way that THEY love (just don't expect me to eat it if black pepper is an ingredient, not a spice)!
Last Edit: by adventurouslynx20.

Re: I'm Trying! 29 Dec 2009 17:41 #39604

• Dov
  • Administrator
imtrying25 wrote on 29 Dec 2009 17:30:

OK...he's alright.

;D
Did everyone hear that?? I got a haskama from my Rebbi!! Although he was hesitent lemayseh i got it. Can i call myself a Talmid now, Rebbi??
Let's get this straight. I'm an addict. Who in his right mind would want and addict for a Rebbi?

OK, I guess I'll count you in, chaver!!

"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by jubilantsparrowqa.

Re: I'm Trying! 29 Dec 2009 17:42 #39607

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Go with what works for you!!!  I beleive it's the only way to go.
Last Edit: by blissfullemur78.

Re: I'm Trying! 29 Dec 2009 17:52 #39610

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
silentbattle wrote on 29 Dec 2009 17:37:

Ha - IT, you're the kind of talmid any rebbe would be proud to have!

(Yeah, I finally found your thread) 

As far as the 90 days, I agree with you, IT - everyone needs to go with what works for them. Kinda like chulent, no? Everyone has their own idea of what the best way to make it is. And that's fine - everyone should make it the way that THEY love (just don't expect me to eat it if black pepper is an ingredient, not a spice)!

Thanks Sb for the kind words. And no its not like chulent. Im the only one who makes a really good chulent and thats it!! > :D :D :D :D

And yeah, it took me soem time to realize black pepper is a spice not an ingredient.

dov wrote on 29 Dec 2009 17:41:

imtrying25 wrote on 29 Dec 2009 17:30:

OK...he's alright.

;D
Let's get this straight. I'm an addict. Who in his right mind would want and addict for a Rebbi?

OK, I guess I'll count you in, chaver!!

Well either i dont have a "right mind" or i want an addict as a Rebbi!!

sci1977 wrote on 29 Dec 2009 17:42:

Go with what works for you!!!  I beleive it's the only way to go.
Thanks sci. Nice to know ive got friends with me.
Last Edit: by Holyneshumeh.

Re: I'm Trying! 29 Dec 2009 18:24 #39618

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm here, no plans on going anywhere.  KUTGW!!!!!
Last Edit: by radiantwolf15.
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes