Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: I'm Trying! 41416 Views

I'm Trying! 27 Oct 2009 21:14 #25910

• Dov
  • Administrator
Dear imtrying25 - did you get my personal message?
- Dov
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by cylinder91$.

I'm Trying! 27 Oct 2009 22:01 #25921

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
??bardichev wrote on 27 Oct 2009 20:36:

bardichev66 ? ?
Hey berdichev. Ive been on this site now for awhile and ive seen your name alot. It looks to me like your a veteran here so imsaying to myself when is the rebbe going to give me a shulim aleichem?? Was that it?
Last Edit: by Eyes4G-d.

I'm Trying! 27 Oct 2009 22:03 #25922

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
imtrying25 wrote on 27 Oct 2009 22:01:

??bardichev wrote on 27 Oct 2009 20:36:

bardichev66 ? ?
Hey berdichev. Ive been on this site now for awhile and ive seen your name alot. It looks to me like your a veteran here so imsaying to myself when is the rebbe going to give me a shulim aleichem?? Was that it?

You need to send him a kvittel and he will reply if he deems it appropriate.
Last Edit: by mechil.

I'm Trying! 27 Oct 2009 22:14 #25923

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder

[/quote]

Well then its pretty simple and im sure its appropriate. Rebbe please daven for me that i should be succesful ( finally) in my journey to 90 days!!
Last Edit: by Klan.

I'm Trying! 28 Oct 2009 06:46 #25955

• jerusalemsexaddict
guard,
could u make a thread for this holy warrior so my heart gets a rest?
thanks
Last Edit: by markberg.

Re: I'm Trying! 28 Oct 2009 10:50 #26019

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
Me3 wrote on 27 Oct 2009 22:03:

Don't forget the pidyon!!!!

His lechaim is costing him a pretty penny :D
Last Edit: by Texan.

Re: I'm Trying! 28 Oct 2009 11:45 #26021

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
I really appreciate all those who moved me around. ;D Im pretty new to the neiborhood but you guys are pushing me around already. Whers the hachnosas orchim???  :D
Anyways getting back to more important things. Hey mr g38 i need some help on this whole rebbe thing because im litvish and ive never had anything to do with a rebbe before. 
hey dov did you get my message. there was alot of heart in it, real heart.
Last Edit: by StayingFocus.

Re: I'm Trying! 28 Oct 2009 14:26 #26033

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
hey dov did you get my message. there was alot of heart in it, real heart.

a lot of heart in your message, or in Dov's?
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Helpisgood.

Re: I'm Trying! 28 Oct 2009 17:03 #26067

• bardichev
welcome aboard its a battle but its worth it fun!!!

POST AWAY!!!

WE ARE REALLY HERE TO HELP!!

Last Edit: by Shaulki.

Re: I'm Trying! 28 Oct 2009 17:21 #26069

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
I was referring to my message but definitly inhis as well! But i havent heard back from him yet?!? Today i had a really close call i mean a REALLY CLOSE CALL but im still chugging up the mountain with my bicycle so im hoping i make it through. You know i always say life is like a mountain; YOU GOTTA LOOK UP TO SEE HOW MUCH THERE IS TO DO BUT YOU GOTTA LOOK DOWN TO SEE HOW MUCH YOUVE ACCOMPLISHED. ( hey R Guard what do you think of that one?? Good ,no??
Last Edit: by flower123.

Re: I'm Trying! 28 Oct 2009 18:54 #26110

ahhhh! 

A BREATH OF FRESH AIR ON THE FORUM!!!!

welcome aboard, Mr. I am Trying 25 (whats the 25 about?)!

Its clear that your going to fit in and be successful. (success doesn't mean not ever falling, so don't worry :D :D :D! all it means is REALLY trying, which you are, of course. )

Anyway, my name is kutan shel hachabura, and I'm pleased to meet you.

Posting anonymously will bring out stuff in you that you never knew you had. I for example NEVER introduce myself to people in the physical world, although my wife has been trying to teach me for ages.

Anything smart I'm going to post, in response to your posts, will only be things I've learnt on the forum. So my advise is to scour the forum. Read 7up's thread, and read Bardichev's battle, and read the posts from a fellow called Jack (amazing guy, he was my first inspiration on the forum, and went through alot of the stuff that you are describing). And then there are Dov's posts, whom you've already met, although Dov's posts are often like expensive wine... you need to already be an expert to understand them fully (not that I'm one... I email guard and he explains it to me)

another guy wrote how he promises himself that it will only be today that he will be good. And tomorrow he promises the YH he will give in. Sometimes he has to sweeten the deal for the YH, and promise that he will give in 3 times tomorrow!  :D

Of course, tomorrow he tells the YH the exact same thing.

anyway, looking forward to reading your thread and being inspired!

kutan
Rashi, Breishis (10:25)
Last Edit: by Abc330.

Re: I'm Trying! 28 Oct 2009 21:55 #26155

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey kutan i really appreciate the warm welcome! I would wish to say that 25 refers to the amount of times of tried to get better but im way past that. But im not going to give up. DID YOU HEAR THAT R GUARD, IM NOT GOING TO GIVE UP Anyways it refers to my age. To tell you the truth im not suremyself why i added it in but it sure was hashgacha, because now im getting it for almost having the same name as "trying", imagine if i wouldnt of added the 25?!? Wow that would of been bad ;D
About being succesful i appreciate the confidence you have in me and i sure hope to show you that its not unfounded.
Ive never really tried that tactic but i just dont get the feeling it would work. Now that souns silly how can i know it wont work if ive never tried ???
Last Edit: by il.

Re: I'm Trying! 28 Oct 2009 23:23 #26164

• bavdc
  • Current streak: 2796 days
  • Fresh Boarder
i was just reading through your post... i must say i can hear it in your posts that you have courage to not give up.
i myself am not giving up this time either, i'm putting my foot down and saying enough is enough.

love the courage u bring out, keep it up! keep trying harder everyday
Last Edit: by karovlezchut.

Re: I'm Trying! 29 Oct 2009 09:22 #26181

• TrYiNg
To tell you the truth im not suremyself why i added it in but it sure was hashgacha, because now im getting it for almost having the same name as "trying", imagine if i wouldnt of added the 25?!? Wow that would of been bad

Ye! We wuda pushed u around a little more  :o :D
Since there is a bit of a distinction, we'll forgive it. Welcome aboard , IT25 ;D

You know i always say life is like a mountain; YOU GOTTA LOOK UP TO SEE HOW MUCH THERE IS TO DO BUT YOU GOTTA LOOK DOWN TO SEE HOW MUCH YOUVE ACCOMPLISHED

How right. I really like ur pix (but mine is still better  :D). Check out my thread, someplace in the middle. for more on mountain climbing (or chugging )
Last Edit: by CapJon.

Re: I'm Trying! 29 Oct 2009 11:45 #26194

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey bavdc thnks for the encouragment. It really comes in handy! Ist great knowing that there are other people climbing this mountain with me it makes it all the more easier. Hatzlacha on your climb!!!
Last Edit: by Much2.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes