Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: I'm Trying! 41449 Views

Re: I'm Trying! 02 Dec 2009 22:34 #31769

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Heck you guys are unbeleivable. I try to post and i get response even before i post. Theres to much love floatin aroun' here. The healthy type. Thanks trying and habib i cant ever get enough chizuk. Well im hoping to put a few clean days together so i can get my spirits back up a little.
Last Edit: by jasonchisholm.

Re: I'm Trying! 02 Dec 2009 22:40 #31771

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Kedusha wrote on 02 Dec 2009 22:33:

imtrying25 wrote on 02 Dec 2009 22:29:

Imtrying imtrying imtrying but ive gotta suceed sometime, no kedusha???

Success is up to Hashem; we've just got to do our part.  But doing our part does not mean fighting this monster head on, which is impossible.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by חיים חייקל.

Re: I'm Trying! 02 Dec 2009 22:42 #31772

• habib613
i have something else to get your spirits up...
how bout the tryers get a thread together, and you get up rage-style.
this way, when one of you falls, the other goes down too...
and believe me, imtrying, you don't want to get on tryings bad side  :D :D :D :D :D
so you'll stay clean...

(trying, i heard imtrying has a gun...don't fall or else he might come to america and use it...)
Last Edit: by yyz force .

Re: I'm Trying! 02 Dec 2009 22:43 #31773

• Dov
  • Administrator
imtrying25 wrote on 02 Dec 2009 22:29:
I feel like im fighting mike tyson and hes got my ear in his mouth! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

1- You are.

2- He does.

3- Find something else to do than "fight" - oops, I meant "lose", sorry.....unless you really think you can win this time!

4- Find out what other folks are doing rather than fighting. I went to the sexaholics, who had already gone to the alcoholics to find out.

5- It works if you work it.

6- Bye!

7-  :-*
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by shloimehash.

Re: I'm Trying! 02 Dec 2009 22:49 #31774

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Dov i see you really got scared off. You barely post more then 3 words now. Youve got it all wrong. I love your posts and the more you write the more your tu'ing oif. And im ready and willing to try whatever works even if it means not fighting. Oh no here comes another nailbiting scrutinizing discussion. Dont worry i love it.
Last Edit: by joe gelbs.

Re: I'm Trying! 02 Dec 2009 22:51 #31775

• TrYiNg
Tryer 2,
Yechida once posted this on my thread. Makes you think a bit;

Trying Too Hard by Janell Cressman

Fight every day to keep everything inside,
can't win this war of my soul.
Trying so hard not to give up control
but everyday it gets a little
harder to keep breathing,
to keep seeing, to keep believing.
Trying so hard not to give up but everything
in me says to let go.
How do you know when it's the right time
to just let go of everything
and just breath, just be, just sit here and see.
Trying so hard not to cry and then I wonder
why I was even crying,
you never were truly a friend
so why did I miss you so much.
Trying to hard but maybe I should
just take a step back, may be
I should take a deep breath, maybe
I should just wait and see
what happens when you let go.

ONe more thing, I once wrote a poem right after falling, its not so good but brings a point across . It's also about climbing/trying, so I thought you might like it. Here's the link: http://www.guardyoureyes.org/?p=1607

Last Edit: by chiemalwas.

Re: I'm Trying! 02 Dec 2009 23:05 #31776

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks trying for the post from yechida. It really talks to me. But your poem i s absolutly amazing. I felt like the words were just coming out of my heart even though they were in front of me on the screen. Thank you.
Last Edit: by Smt123.

Re: I'm Trying! 02 Dec 2009 23:13 #31778

• Dov
  • Administrator
imtrying25 wrote on 02 Dec 2009 22:49:
You barely post more then 3 words now. Youve got it all wrong. Oh no here comes another nailbiting scrutinizing discussion.

OK.  ;D
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by jshr8251.

Re: I'm Trying! 03 Dec 2009 09:29 #31911

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
I feel like i wanna get over this thing once and for all but dont have what it takes.

No addict has was it takes.
That's the definition of addiction.
Dov is right, you ARE fighting Mike Tyson.
And you are powerless.

So what to do?

Well, if you want what Dov has, do as Dov does...

Read his reply again on this page (reply #194)

Oy, how many guys come onto GYE saying, yay, I found what I'm looking for, I'm gonna be clean from now on! And they succeed for a few days and fall, and then again, and again, and again... There are certain secrets to LIVING that an addict needs to learn before he will see long term success. Those secrets can be found on DC's calls, SA groups, and perhaps also in therapy...

If we want freedom, we may have to pay for it in time and effort. Oh well, just like anything else important in life...

So, is it important to you? It sure seems it is...

Lots of Love,
GYE
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Mord..

Re: I'm Trying! 03 Dec 2009 14:22 #31927

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Ive been crazy busy lately dealing with a sick kid that Ive posted very little.
I look through all the new posts and pick only a few to answer coz simply have no time.
And I keep looking for you - and you aint been around!
See, moms do notice!

Sorry to hear about your fall and subsequent downer.
Falls have to happen sometimes.
Downers dont.

The yh (or Mike T) got you cornered.
1) You can raise your hands in surrender,
2) jab him with your right and hope nothing breaks,
3) or shout "Hey, whats that?"
then point behind him, and when he turns to look,
run for your life.
Personally I suggest the third.
Only any idiot fights  MT.

And you are no  idiot! :D
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by epwje20.

Re: I'm Trying! 03 Dec 2009 16:41 #31973

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
i hope that you're feeling better.
it's a beautiful sunny day outside- go take a walk and appreciate the blue sky and fluffly clouds!
then go buy a jelly doughnut and smile really wide.

oops- watch your shirt! yecccch! jelly stain!
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by Hellel.

Re: I'm Trying! 03 Dec 2009 17:54 #31995

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
If we want freedom, we may have to pay for it in time and effort. Oh well, just like anything else important in life...
Guard the one thing you left out here is ....MONEY. And i dont have what it takes to pay for therapy. And no i didnt think that coming to the sight was gonna solve all my problems. I just thought it wold help. Which it has. But i also understand that I have to do the real work and im saying im not sure if i have what it takes. Now to you and Mom; im still not sure what this give your fight over to G-d is all about. I fell if i do that theres no way ill get pst this. Am i wrong?????? ??? And for the millionth time i really want a sponser but it doesnt seem theres anyone out there. Or so it seems. Ive requested and havent gotten any response. Mom do you do sons too?? Well this one has a really cute baby girl that youd really love so many that can be some pull for me. :D And i really appreciate the fact that your looking out for me. Everyone on here makes such a differnce to me. Something that youd probaly all neer understand. But thanks a million.

Hey Letakain i thought you were into ice cream?? Ok i guess doughnuts go with ice cream more than sushi. Ugh! ;D ;D
Last Edit: by mrtonyb.

Re: I'm Trying! 03 Dec 2009 17:58 #31999

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
imtrying25 wrote on 03 Dec 2009 17:54:

Guard the one thing you left out here is ....MONEY. And i dont have what it takes to pay for therapy. And no i didnt think that coming to the sight was gonna solve all my problems. I just thought it wold help. Which it has. But i also understand that I have to do the real work and im saying im not sure if i have what it takes. Now to you and Mom; im still not sure what this give your fight over to G-d is all about. I fell if i do that theres no way ill get pst this. Am i wrong?????? ??? And for the millionth time i really want a sponser but it doesnt seem theres anyone out there. Or so it seems. Ive requested and havent gotten any response. Mom do you do sons too?? Well this one has a really cute baby girl that youd really love so many that can be some pull for me. :D And i really appreciate the fact that your looking out for me. Everyone on here makes such a differnce to me. Something that youd probaly all neer understand. But thanks a million.

Hey Letakain i thought you were into ice cream?? Ok i guess doughnuts go with ice cream more than sushi. Ugh! ;D ;D

I do sons too imtrying And yeh; grandkids are for sure a plus
You have my PM and email. Feel free to use them, but I cant promise to always reply immediately. Will try though!
Last Edit: by chai28.

Re: I'm Trying! 03 Dec 2009 18:01 #32001

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Mom. Well look out cuz im gonna take full advantage. But im also looking for someone i can call. Dov always says that this helps out bigtime. Any suggestions???
Last Edit: by sam101.

Re: I'm Trying! 03 Dec 2009 19:16 #32016

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Nu guys?
Last Edit: by alan70.
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes