Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: I'm Trying! 41447 Views

Re: I'm Trying! 26 Nov 2009 11:23 #30630

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I was just cheppering Guard. But thanks anyways. i could always use the boost.
Last Edit: by yeshivahbochur349.

Re: I'm Trying! 26 Nov 2009 11:27 #30631

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
And I'd love to meet you, too, though I'm pretty sure that you'd be dissappointed with what you see.

Sorry R Dov here i disagree. I wouldnt be disappointed cuz the part of you i wanna meet i met here already. Your outer apperances have nothing to do with this. I wanna meet you so we can discuss things thoroughly and we can understand each other better. I feel sometimes when your just writing you cant always get your point thri=ough exactly the way you want.

Let's stay friends, OK?
I hope i didnt make any indication not like this. Of course we can. This will only benefit me more than i can imagine. So im all in. ;D
Last Edit: by BAILA C.

Re: I'm Trying! 26 Nov 2009 11:30 #30632

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
NOYA wrote on 26 Nov 2009 02:18:

Hey I'mtrying! Thanks for the posts. Chazak chazak, chart buddy!

And Dov, you analyze things sooooo much! Isn't enough enough already? I think there comes a point when it's just plain counterproductive to focus so much on this inyan, dissecting it every which way, and slicing and splicing from every angle. I don't know about you but that just gets my mind on the yetzer hara, when I'd rather leave him outside in the cold.

Hey NOYA dont put the blame on Dov. Its me whos doing the overanalyzing. Dovs trying to get through my thick skull that i should not be doing this. But like i said before, i aint goin' down without a fight.
Last Edit: by gyefortifygye.

Re: I'm Trying! 27 Nov 2009 16:31 #30834

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
hi bro! sorry i've been so busy! i havn't forgotten your awesome thread!
have a super sober shabbos!!!!!!!!!
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by shayshay.

Re: I'm Trying! 01 Dec 2009 04:52 #31387

• yona18
  • Current streak: 4500 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep it up, man! I was hoping to go all the way to 90 with you, but looks like you'll have to lead.
Last Edit: by ionutproplayer.

Re: I'm Trying! 01 Dec 2009 06:42 #31404

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
yeh, I've been wondering where you're at...
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by jo1818.

Re: I'm Trying! 01 Dec 2009 06:49 #31406

• TrYiNg
guardureyes wrote on 01 Dec 2009 06:42:

yeh, I've been wondering where you're at...

me too 

We miss all the good stuff you used to post..

and I sorta got used to having a tryer 2 around...
Last Edit: by anonymous_1.

Re: I'm Trying! 01 Dec 2009 17:16 #31475

• Dov
  • Administrator
...won't post more than one-liners if you come back ;D...hope you are doing well  ???....Hi there, imtrying25 8)!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by Gershon Neustadt.

Re: I'm Trying! 02 Dec 2009 22:13 #31755

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok so im back. And im back with my head hanging low. And with myspirits even lower. I had a really down week. In so many ways. It all started off last thursday night. Couldnt sleep. Maybe i caught the insomnia thing that some people on here suffer from. But whatever i dont know. I was up till about six. And of course when im bored my y"h works full force. Now comes the worst part. What i usually do in a situation like this is get on to gye and read posts read chizuk post my own thoughts etc etc. Problam was i couldnt access the site. It wouldnt download. Try as i may it wasnt working. But of course everything else worked. And eventually i got past the filter and im sure you can figure out the rest. And i couldnt really get myself off the floor since. Today im clean hoping it stays this way. But ive lost some of the spirit to push. Im walking around really down and its really bothering me. So i hope i can get over it ssome time soon. Ok dont really have much more to say.
Last Edit: by Climbers242.

Re: I'm Trying! 02 Dec 2009 22:18 #31756

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
imtrying25 wrote on 02 Dec 2009 22:13:

Ok dont really have much more to say.

Welcome back!  There's a reason that your name is not "Imsucceeding."  Hashem only wants us to try.  You'll get the spirit back, b'Ezras Hashem, after a few days clean.  Allow yourself to detox first, and the spirit will not be long in coming!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: 02 Dec 2009 22:24 by rendom.

Re: I'm Trying! 02 Dec 2009 22:20 #31757

• Dov
  • Administrator
Isolation sucks lemons, doesn't it?
We, however, see right through the crapola going on with you now, to the good in you, imtrying25. All the "down" can't fool us.
Now, if I could find a way to be aware of that when I'm feeling down, that'd really be something!
But hey, that's why our friends can't be ourselves, I guess...
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by jrast0412 .

Re: I'm Trying! 02 Dec 2009 22:25 #31760

• TrYiNg
 I think the YH has something against the tryers...I fell today too. The same exact way. Was up all night..etc
We gotta show the menuval that he won't win. We'll take the fall and use it to our advantage!! I decided to make a red line, to eliminate p*rn entirely. Maybe you can do something about your filter...Just don't let it get you down!! It's exactly what the yh wants!
Look at your mountain...You've climbed so much in so little time. So you fell back a few steps, so what?? Look how far you've come..
as we all say on GUE,
He may have won the battle, but he will not win the war...
GTG
Last Edit: by yagelibi.

Re: I'm Trying! 02 Dec 2009 22:27 #31762

• habib613
i'mtrying we really missed you over here.
falling is part of climbing, btw. i feel like this is just a game of snakes and ladders... and some people get really lucky and get to the top really fast.
but other people keep going up and down and up and down.... until they finally get to the top.
just keep working, and NEVA EVA GIVE UP!
you know, you came back an had your first clean day, when trying fell...
something is freaky...
Last Edit: by Ppppp.

Re: I'm Trying! 02 Dec 2009 22:29 #31764

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow i almost forgot about how great this forum is. The immediate responses and the warming words help more than any of you can imagine. And let me tell you something Dov its been all lemons this past week. Its hard man, its really hard. And it aint gettin easier. I feel like i wanna get over this thing once and for all but dont have what it takes. Imtrying imtrying imtrying but ive gotta suceed sometime, no kedusha??? And i know what some of you are probaly gonna respond. Then well your not trying the way your supposed to or something like that. I feel like im fighting mike tyson and hes got my ear in his mouth! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Last Edit: by Abt123.

Re: I'm Trying! 02 Dec 2009 22:33 #31767

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
imtrying25 wrote on 02 Dec 2009 22:29:

Imtrying imtrying imtrying but ive gotta suceed sometime, no kedusha???

Success is up to Hashem, we've just got to do our part.  But doing our part does not mean fighting this monster head on, which is impossible.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by Lhhgfg.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes