Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: I'm Trying! 41419 Views

Re: I'm Trying! 11 Nov 2009 20:02 #27709

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanx Mom!! What would a post mean without a final word by Mom. Hakol holeich achar hasof. And that last line is soooooooooooooooo true. Cant wait for the getting that comes from giving but even more, i cant wait for the giving that comes from getting!!
Last Edit: 12 Nov 2009 17:01 by wanderingsoul.

Re: I'm Trying! 11 Nov 2009 21:04 #27742

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Just noticed your latest signature quote.
Good choice!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by kushaber.

Re: I'm Trying! 11 Nov 2009 21:07 #27744

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Mom what can i say.... YOURE ON A ROLL!!!!
Last Edit: by YeshTikvaBZT.

Re: I'm Trying! 12 Nov 2009 00:23 #27795

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
ImTrying, Please decide if life is like a bicycle or like a mountain. There's a big difference between the two. (About 6 million tons)

Oh, and I thought life is like a river. Oh well...
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by lazar1101.

Re: I'm Trying! 12 Nov 2009 04:37 #27818

• TrYiNg
imtrying25 wrote on 10 Nov 2009 11:36:

There will always be this part of me that doesn't want to give it up.

I have these feelings too. Its always bothered me that deep down below there is this part of me that wants it and doesnt want to give it up. But i think there are two reasons for this.
1- its not really us that doesnt want to give it up. Its or addiction that is saying this.

I guess it is, but the boundries between the addiction and I have become blurry. So I still think it's me.

I think we dont realize how bad this thing really is. At leastthats the way i fel. Yes we realize its not a good thing and its evn bad and its wrong but we dont realize its poison.

Right again. When I'm sane, I know. At other times, I convince myself it ain't true.
Last Edit: by becomingme.

Re: I'm Trying! 12 Nov 2009 04:50 #27820

• TrYiNg
Well, frankly I'm burned out today after pouring my heart out in some PM responses.

Thank you Dov ! (Since I never had the zechus of you posting in my thread I'll just respond here. Sorry for hijacking IT25 ye, really  ;D)
From reading a lot of your posts, I get the point you're making about becoming a diff person. I just don't know how. Is working the 12 steps the only solution?

So, the better question may be: What are we not letting go of right now, that keeps us tied to our patterns, our sick boundaries, and our desires? Heroin addicts know more than anyone how desperately they need to drop their old shotting gallery friends, stop frequenting the places they bought drugs, etc. We all hold onto those kinds of familiar patterns for our much needed comfort.

Sorry. Forgive me if I'm slow, but after the whole thing I still don't get it. What are we not letting go of right now? Our thought patterns? Our need to get comfort? Something else?
Last Edit: by ab84.

Re: I'm Trying! 12 Nov 2009 09:44 #27901

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
tRyInG,

Rebbe Dov doesnt head over to the womens side on purpose. 100% accepted.

But we cant wait to read his posts wherever we find them!
Last Edit: by cdq123.

Re: I'm Trying! 12 Nov 2009 11:01 #27907

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
From reading a lot of your posts, I get the point you're making about becoming a diff person. I just don't know how. Is working the 12 steps the only solution?

Hey trying. Dov always says its not so important exactly how , do whatever works for you but what is important is to change and the 12 step program is definitly a good start to that. Dov himself says the only thing that really worked for him was the sa meetings where it was real life expereince and talking to people live. Am i right Dov? Or did i miss the point ?

Sorry. Forgive me if I'm slow, but after the whole thing I still don't get it. What are we not letting go of right now? Our thought patterns? Our need to get comfort? Something else?

The answer to this question is dependent on each individual person. Each prson needs to look for those things he needs to let go of that would allow him to be free. And thats what i mean that we need change. We need to be differnt. We cant keep on passing the corner where we used to get drugs from.  We cant keep on doing the things weve done till now that brought us to the matziv we are in now. And when we give up those things we'll see how much more free we are.guardureyes wrote on 12 Nov 2009 00:23:

ImTrying, Please decide if life is like a bicycle or like a mountain. There's a big difference between the two. (About 6 million tons)

Oh, and I thought life is like a river. Oh well...
Ok so lifes like riding a bicycle up a mountain only to fall into the river. Is that better? :D ;D
Last Edit: by drummer.

Re: I'm Trying! 12 Nov 2009 16:47 #27986

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
life is like riding a mountain bike, ok Guard?
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by Chossonrebbe.

Re: I'm Trying! 12 Nov 2009 17:44 #27990

• Dov
  • Administrator
Like #25 answered, it was the only thing that worked for me, that's all. I'm not an expert, at all, so I do not know the truth. The only thing I am doing here is sharing my own, personal experience. So, yeah, maybe folks can make the inside changes they need to in order to make living bearable w/o a dryg - that is, a different life. That way they can remain free of their addiction, i guess. And yes, the meetings and a real live sponsor were a great help. Having people around you face2face who are getting better helps keep it believeable in the darker, scarier times. But it all depends on whether you stick with the winners. Every good group always has plenty of losers hanging on for the ride w/o actually doing the work to get better. Even take yiddishkeit, for example...no shortage of dossons, avirams, etc...ha.

The answer to this question is dependent on each individual person. Each person needs to look for those things he needs to let go of that would allow him to be free. And thats what i mean that we need change. We need to be differnt. We cant keep on passing the corner where we used to get drugs from.  We cant keep on doing the things weve done till now that brought us to the matziv we are in now. And when we give up those things we'll see how much more free we are.
Ditto, ditto, ditto! Oh - and no, no no, you are not slow. For me, it was simply (but not easily!!) learning to do something else (anything else) when a desire or fantasy, or crazy acting out idea popped into my head. Giving that up was a big deal for me, because it was always painful. It was definitely doing what does NOT come naturally. Being a sicko, a lot of that is needed for a long time until inner changes start to become evident...but no fear, they do!! (BTW, they are still happenning, as crazy ideas hit me unexpectedly sometimes...I'm happy then, cuz all it means is that Hashem's on His way to help me out when I ask Him...He has to, cuz no one else can!)
If that's all I did, forget it. There was so much more basic wacky stuff like well-hidden resentments, fears, reighteous indignation and other things that were killing me on the inside that needed attention using the steps. No fear, though, just living w/o my drug brought them all out slowly. Very slowly, thank G-d! 

Hey, what river-boat did the ragester pop out of?!! I miss you so much, man!!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by Dee8500.

Re: I'm Trying! 12 Nov 2009 17:46 #27991

• bardichev
Rage ATM wrote on 12 Nov 2009 16:53:

excuse me, i hate to interject, ok i really dont, but as a skater whose always fought for space with the bikers...im gonna have to say that no, life is actually like skating vert on a  mega ramp...

FOR YOU!!

FORME LIFE IS LIKE DANCING HAKAFOS ON SIMCHAS TORAH..FUN ..FOOD.. SOMEONE STEPS ON YOUR TOES...OIZER DALLIM.. KEEP YOUR EYES OFF THE E.N. KEEP ON DANCING KEEP ON TRUCKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: by wielaorca.

Re: I'm Trying! 13 Nov 2009 10:27 #28151

• TrYiNg
dov wrote on 12 Nov 2009 17:44:

Like #25 answered, it was the only thing that worked for me, that's all. I'm not an expert, at all, so I do not know the truth. The only thing I am doing here is sharing my own, personal experience. So, yeah, maybe folks can make the inside changes they need to in order to make living bearable w/o a dryg - that is, a different life. That way they can remain free of their addiction, i guess. And yes, the meetings and a real live sponsor were a great help. Having people around you face2face who are getting better helps keep it believeable in the darker, scarier times. But it all depends on whether you stick with the winners. Every good group always has plenty of losers hanging on for the ride w/o actually doing the work to get better. Even take yiddishkeit, for example...no shortage of dossons, avirams, etc...ha.

The answer to this question is dependent on each individual person. Each person needs to look for those things he needs to let go of that would allow him to be free. And thats what i mean that we need change. We need to be differnt. We cant keep on passing the corner where we used to get drugs from.  We cant keep on doing the things weve done till now that brought us to the matziv we are in now. And when we give up those things we'll see how much more free we are.
Ditto, ditto, ditto! Oh - and no, no no, you are not slow. For me, it was simply (but not easily!!) learning to do something else (anything else) when a desire or fantasy, or crazy acting out idea popped into my head. Giving that up was a big deal for me, because it was always painful. It was definitely doing what does NOT come naturally. Being a sicko, a lot of that is needed for a long time until inner changes start to become evident...but no fear, they do!! (BTW, they are still happenning, as crazy ideas hit me unexpectedly sometimes...I'm happy then, cuz all it means is that Hashem's on His way to help me out when I ask Him...He has to, cuz no one else can!)
If that's all I did, forget it. There was so much more basic wacky stuff like well-hidden resentments, fears, reighteous indignation and other things that were killing me on the inside that needed attention using the steps. No fear, though, just living w/o my drug brought them all out slowly. Very slowly, thank G-d! 

Hey, what river-boat did the ragester pop out of?!! I miss you so much, man!!

Thanks IT25 and Dov. I understand ( Now lets hope that helps )

Last Edit: by Gr8gr8.

Re: I'm Trying! 14 Nov 2009 20:40 #28283

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok Mom i moved over the convo cuz i didnt want to hijack habibs thread.( and cuz i wanted to get more posts from you on my thread haha)

Chill IM25!

I wish i could. Sitting here bored. Babysitting.
Btw Mom do you get the mishpacha. There was this great article in family first and i was thinking of you the whole time i was reading ( better yet skimming) it. It was like you were reena and the house was this site. Im serious.
Last Edit: by hacker476.

Re: I'm Trying! 14 Nov 2009 20:56 #28284

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
imtrying25 wrote on 14 Nov 2009 20:40:

Ok Mom i moved over the convo cuz i didnt want to hijack habibs thread.( and cuz i wanted to get more posts from you on my thread haha)

Chill IM25!

I wish i could. Sitting here bored. Babysitting.
Btw Mom do you get the mishpacha. There was this great article in family first and i was thinking of you the whole time i was reading ( better yet skimming) it. It was like you were reena and the house was this site. Im serious.

Bored? Call Uri! The 2 of you can kvetch together! Im too busy doing laundry and playing Banangrams all alone to be bored....!
Didnt see the Mishpacha, but now youve got me really curious. Augh! Gonna have to find someone who gets it....
Last Edit: by q2345.

Re: I'm Trying! 14 Nov 2009 21:23 #28291

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
I was trying to set up a chavrusashaft with him so we could be bored together but he never responded. Maybe he got scared ogg cuz  i told Guard that i dont wear a black hat. ;D I was only joking.
Last Edit: by Hneeded.
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes