Welcome, Guest

On the way to 90 (and Beyond)
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: On the way to 90 (and Beyond) 19880 Views

Re: On the way to 90 06 Jan 2009 19:56 #1853

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
everybody, everybody.i'm going to sound like a broken record, but it doesn't matter. all you fellow strugglers, you must speak with someone on the phone.you have to hear a fellow jew who cares about you, who is in the same predicament as you, and understands you.you can't do it alone! it is too powerful a force! these wonderful jews here are arevim for you! that is a mitzva d'oraisa, and there are people doing it on this forum every day! i speak to my sponsor once a week (more if necessary), and i write to reb guard, pouring out my heart and troubles to him.and you know what? he listens!! miracle of miracles! you can't fight alone.use that phone for a mitzva - technology is here, it can be used for positive things.wishing you ALL my warmest regards, and love from my heart, jack
Last Edit: by mikegreen.

Re: On the way to 90 08 Jan 2009 13:48 #1876

• Binyomin5766
Wow, its hard to believe but I have completed 18 clean days.  Chai!  Last night was a bigger struggle than I've had since I began this new effort, but a really focused bedtime Shema helped.  BTW, I do a full bedtime Shema, not just the three paragraphs.  I concentrated on overcoming the Y"H while reciting and by the time I was done, the urge to masturbate had subsided.
Last Edit: by .

Re: On the way to 90 08 Jan 2009 16:09 #1879

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Jack, you don't sound like a broken record, you sound like the announcement that goes out every day from har Chorev saying "Oy Lahem Labriyos Mei'elbona shel Torah".... And you are announcing every day "Oy Lehem Labriyos that don't take this seriously and do what they need to do"!  :D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 08 Jan 2009 16:14 by yms.

Re: On the way to 90 11 Jan 2009 01:50 #1911

• Binyomin5766
Well, here we are.  It is Moetzei Shabbos and yesterday was the completion of 20 clean days.  If I get through tonight, I will have completed three weeks.  This is just amazing to me.  I haven't seen this kind of success for quite a while.  Of course, now I have to be extra careful.  I know that if I let my guard down in the least, the Y"H will attack and cause me to stumble.  I have fallen that way before.  I have to keep up my guard, and be more careful than ever.
Last Edit: by Aryeh13.

Re: On the way to 90 11 Jan 2009 23:06 #1930

• the.guard
Keep up the good work. The Yetzer Hara is being bombed from air, ground and sea!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by oyvay.

Re: On the way to 90 12 Jan 2009 15:00 #1950

• Binyomin5766
Another two days down and I'm up to twenty two.  There have been some pretty big struggles on the way, but, B"H, I've thus far overcome everything that has come my way.  I've had a few strong images pop into my head in the past couple of days; the Y"H is still fighting hard.  I also had a few disturbing thoughts while I was with my wife; thankfully the thoughts didn't last real long, but the shock kind of lingers.  It is difficult, but I'm feeling better about myself than I have in a long time.  I still have a long way to go, and the fight will last a lifetime, but it is nice to feel a sense of progress.

Re: On the way to 90 12 Jan 2009 15:26 #1952

• the.guard
The more we DO (or don't do) in physical actions, the more our mind and thoughts will come around as well. Don't let thoughts get you down. See some good ideas here.
Last Edit: 12 Jan 2009 15:28 by Simon.

Re: On the way to 90 13 Jan 2009 12:45 #1974

• battleworn
Dear Ben the Tzadik,

You are truly on the road to success! We are here to fight, and you're doing a great job at it. Every day of staying clean, is a greater accomplishment than the day before. Every day you are bringing Moshiach closer! Every day (actually every second) is more valuable than all the material wealth in the world. KEEP GOING!!! WE NEED YOU!!!
Last Edit: by stopgye.

Re: On the way to 90 14 Jan 2009 23:27 #2022

• Binyomin5766
The battle continues.  As of last night, I have now completed 24 clean days.  I think this is the best I've done in about a year or so.  B"H, all is going well.  I'm not saying I'm not struggling.  At different points every day I am having to fight the urges.  The tools of this board and the website are a great help, as is the encouragement of all the folks here.
Last Edit: by gavi.

Re: On the way to 90 15 Jan 2009 13:59 #2031

• the.guard
Ben, you are an inspiration to us all. When feeling weak, browse through our tips section and our Chizuk e-mail archives. And keep posting!
Last Edit: by bborsky.

Re: On the way to 90 18 Jan 2009 16:19 #2048

• Binyomin5766
I made it through Shabbos feeling pretty strong.  The urge is at a bit of an ebb right now, but I can't let my guard down.  If anything I need to redouble my efforts.  My wife is niddah again and I never know quite how long I will have to wait.  I've completed 28 days now and it feels great to last this long.  I can't believe how well things are going.  I am so thankful for this group; it is just that little extra boost I need.  I can remind myself that I will have to fess up if I fall, and that can be a powerful motivator.  I look forward to the day when it will be for the love of Hashem and His Torah that I will keep myself pure.  Right now I need lots of different motivations.  I'm over 40 years old and I still need to grow up.  *sigh*  I still have joy in what has been accomplished, though.  I guess I just want more for myself, to be able to do whatever I do with the proper motivation.
Last Edit: by ychaya.

Re: On the way to 90 18 Jan 2009 16:32 #2049

• the.guard
Ben, keep up the great work. What do you say to that story in today's e-mail, eh?
Last Edit: by zz.

Re: On the way to 90 18 Jan 2009 16:54 #2050

• Binyomin5766
I haven't opened it yet.  I'm at work today and juggling between personal and business.  So far they haven't needed me much, so I have some time here and there.  I'll get to it soon I hope.
Last Edit: by ays laasos.

Re: On the way to 90 18 Jan 2009 18:09 #2051

• Binyomin5766
What an amazing story!  It's a great encouragement, but at the same time points to the need to keep one's guard up.  The Y"H will never give up.  I guess that's why Hillel said "Do not believe in yourself until the day you die."  The necessity of joy in all of this is something I still need a lot of work on.  In the olden times it would have been said that I have a melancholic personality.  As long as I can remember, I have been this way.  In some ways, overcoming this aspect of my personality may be more difficult than overcoming the sexual addiction.

Re: On the way to 90 19 Jan 2009 14:57 #2057

• Shomer
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Just read the story now.  Very powerful indeed.
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes