Welcome, Guest

sigh... Here we go again, but I want this time to be the time!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: sigh... Here we go again, but I want this time to be the time! 1214 Views

sigh... Here we go again, but I want this time to be the time! 02 Dec 2012 01:51 #148782

• avi4853
Dear wonderful members of the board,

First, I would like to thank all of you for coming out and helping to create and maintain a safe environment for chizuk and comradery. Life can get pretty lonely.

I'm a 20 year old bachur who is also learning in college at the same time, and I've been struggling for over 7.5 years. Baruch Hashem, I've come a long way, but I still have a long road ahead.

Last night I had a fall, alone in my dorm room. I had trouble falling asleep and had held out on self-stimulation for a while but fell anyway. Not that it helped, b/c I felt guilty and anxious as a result and couldn't fall asleep until after 2 am.

Unfortunately, most of my falls in recent memory have occured in similiar scenarios.

In, highschool, I would view p#$^ and self-stimulate sometimes 2/3 times a night almost every night, but Baruch Hashem a little while ago I was 6 days short of 90! So Close! Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time building momentum.

Help?

Re: sigh... Here we go again, but I want this time to be the time! 02 Dec 2012 19:06 #148799

• nederman
avi4853 wrote on 02 Dec 2012 01:51:

Help?

Here's some help: imagine I have a button for you to push. If you push that button, you will never lust again in your entire life. Would you push that button right now?

Re: sigh... Here we go again, but I want this time to be the time! 02 Dec 2012 19:15 #148800

• avi4853
Yes.

Re: sigh... Here we go again, but I want this time to be the time! 14 Dec 2012 03:03 #200146

• 1daat
  • Current streak: 126 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Great question Nederman.

Welcome Avi,

To push the button one has to pay an admission ticket: Have you put a filter on the computer? Have you started to read/work the Handbook? Have you checked out other resources on the site?

Hotzlocha

Re: sigh... Here we go again, but I want this time to be the time! 14 Dec 2012 23:11 #200160

• nederman
avi4853 wrote:
Yes.

Hi,

I apologize for missing your response! Baruch Hashem somebody else responded also and I noticed it.

Okay, so you are ready to stop. That's great.

I know two sure-fire ways to stop:

1. You cultivate the idea that without help you have no choice but to lust and you rely on other people to stay sober, and they in turn rely on you.

2. You train yourself to believe that you have a choice not to lust.

Any preference?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes