Welcome, Guest

Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here).
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 9021 Views

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 02 Jun 2010 17:03 #68391

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wait. I thought this thread was all about MeMeMe, er um I mean HimHimHim. Are you just trying to remind him how annoying it can be when your personal thread gets hijacked? Or is this your way of making him feel at home (maybe it's how HE acts at all his FRIENDS' threads)?

Or maybe we're just delivering the message that it's become hard to get a word in edgewise with all these new members.

Guard, come back with big bucks so we can order some new threads.

Oh, yeah, that's right; "Hi, Me3."
Last Edit: by .

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 07 Jun 2010 16:26 #69285

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
7Up wrote on 02 Jun 2010 15:59:

Fully agree ME3!
The guys side has become too placid.

The girls of course are full of fizz

Full of hot air?

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 07 Jun 2010 16:32 #69287

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
Me3 wrote on 07 Jun 2010 16:26:

Fully agree ME3!

Full of hot air?

I was trying to ignore 7Up. I was outraged... until I saw that she said _P_lacid. Those Israelis,, 'pay' 'fay', Oy!

Now I get it. Never mind.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 07 Jun 2010 16:44 #69291

• NeverAgain
Borat, outraged or not, don't do that... She's a dignified women. Show some respek!  >

- Poe
Last Edit: 07 Jun 2010 18:36 by .

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 07 Jun 2010 17:05 #69294

• NeverAgain
Me3 wrote on 07 Jun 2010 16:26:

Fully agree ME3!

The girls of course are full of fizz

Full of hot air?
Attachments:
Last Edit: 07 Jun 2010 17:13 by .

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 19 Sep 2010 20:38 #78621

• me3
  • Platinum Boarder
Some Yom Kippur observations

We discuss sometimes the differences between lust  & love and how lust is a purely selfish act.

Prime example.

In the Asara Harugay Malchos it relates how the daughter of the ruler who had ordered the executions saw the beauty of R' Yishmael (? no machzor in front of me) and lusted for him. When her father refused to spare his life she instead requested that he peel the skin off his face to preserve it for her viewing pleasure.

If this doesn't tell you how ugly lust is I don't know what would?

Second observation

We say viduy Ashamnu, Bagadnu, etc. and we relate all our transgressions to Hashem. Unfortunately I can relate on a rather personal level to too many of them.  However, the last 2 the Artscroll machzor says are just general confessions not specific sins and I never was particularly inspired by those 2.

That is until this year. See the last 2 are Tainu- We have strayed, Ti’itanu – You have let us stray (Artscroll) This year I became a “Dov”a chasid. This year I started realizing that I can’t beat this addiction myself and only Hashem can help me, and my connection to Him is the only way I will get anywhere.

Tainu, Ti’itanu aren’t just general confessions, they are everything!

Speaking of Dov, when they were singing “Anu Rayasecha V’ata Dodainu” I thought of Dov’s best friend.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 19 Sep 2010 21:36 #78626

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
Me3 wrote on 19 Sep 2010 20:38:
We discuss sometimes the differences between lust  & love and how lust is a purely selfish act.
Me3, I would disagree completely. We do not discuss this "sometimes." We discuss it all the darned time on this site. And over again. And yet once more. And, did I remember to say we discuss it a lot?

Actually, though, me3, it's nice to hear you back in the online discussion business. Looking forward to more insights from someone as insightful as you are. I mean, you you you are.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 05 Oct 2010 22:42 #79648

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Hello Reb Me3,

Just popping in to introduce myself in YOUR thread. 

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 05 Oct 2010 23:17 #79649

• bardichev
Hi
I'm here with some icecream woodford cholint

Kot!!!!!

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 05 Oct 2010 23:23 #79650

• me3
  • Platinum Boarder
This is what happens when you forget to lock the door when you leave.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 06 Oct 2010 02:35 #79666

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
Me3:  But a PS on this love vs lust thing (further down the thread, before all the unintended visits...). Who says that lust is selfish... BUT THAT LOVE ISN'T??.

In other words, I know any number of people who offer their "love" when it's really just that they're insecure and don't want to be alone. Or they "need" someone else around to feel superior to (or inferior). Or 100 other versions of "mutual exploitation by consent" that has nothing to do with what we'd hope for in "love." But it ain't lust, either.

Which probably just leaves us to call it "sick and disturbed." Like all of us. L-rd love us....

Maybe lust isn't any more or less selfish than love, after all.

Just a thought.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 06 Oct 2010 02:49 #79668

• me3
  • Platinum Boarder
I didn't say it has to be love or lust, there are other emotions too. However love comes from giving (same root in hebrew) mutual exploitation and satisfying insecurities are not giving and hence not real love. What do you think?

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 06 Oct 2010 02:59 #79671

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
Actually, I would say that it IS either love or lust. Nothing else, nothing inbetween. I'd say the world has a polar dichotomy of love or lust, period.

Take everything that seems different than this truth, and reduce it down to its component parts, and you'll find either love or lust, saint or sinner, black or white. Grey is only a wishy-washy black trying to turn white.

Take that in your pipe and smoke it!  Comments?

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 06 Oct 2010 14:57 #79712

• me3
  • Platinum Boarder
And I would say everything is giving or taking not loving or lusting.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 06 Oct 2010 16:40 #79734

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Briut wrote on 06 Oct 2010 02:35:

(further down the thread, before all the unintended visits...)

Here is some clarification for the uninformed:

Me3 had posted this:Me3 wrote on 05 Oct 2010 21:49:

Who are all these guys?
Are you new here?
Do you have threads?

Bardichev responded with:bardichev wrote on 05 Oct 2010 21:52:

my name is bards

ive been here for a year and a half

i went almost a full year clean

i am slip free for almost  6 months now

i have a thread called bardichevs battle

keep on trucking

Yosef Hatzadik replied:Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 05 Oct 2010 22:08:

OK, OK, so you haven't gotten to know Holy Yid (632 posts), Yosef Hatzadik (The biggest nudnik around), or Zemiros Shabbos (95),
But what about Bardichev?? You never came across any of his 3200+ posts??

To which Me3 commented:Me3 wrote on 05 Oct 2010 22:10:

I'll just ignore that.

So Holy Yid retorted:Holy Yid wrote on 05 Oct 2010 22:15:

Me3 wrote on 05 Oct 2010 22:10:

I'll just ignore that.

So you are adding to the problem 

And then the Nudnik Yosef Hatzadik barged in, uninvited, to this thread & scribbled graffiti:Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 05 Oct 2010 22:42:

Hello Reb Me3,

Just popping in to introduce myself in YOUR thread. 

So Briut wrote......

Bottom line is: We must practice smiling a bit more often! 
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes