Welcome, Guest

Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here).
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 9024 Views

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 13 Oct 2009 14:45 #22965

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Different kinds of..........Sukkahs?

So Wednesday Chol Hamoed was extremely windy here in the states.

Some Sukkahs, the old heavy solid wood kind with old style schach were completely unaffected.

Some Sukkahs were slightly damaged or their schach blew off, but their owners immediately got up on the ladder and fixed the damage.

Some Sukkahs were slightly damaged or their schach was blown off, but their owners said it doesn't pay to fix it and they just took down the rest of the Sukkah.

Some Sukkahs the delicate frail kind were completely blown down, but even those some of the owners picked them right up and rebuilt them.

Some gave up.

What type of Sukkah are you?

me3
Last Edit: 13 Oct 2009 14:59 by Peggy.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 13 Oct 2009 14:54 #22967

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Good one Me3.
And, there are some owners of sukkahs,
who ask others to come and help them put it up.
Whether at the start or after being blown down.
Last Edit: by RecoveratGYE.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 13 Oct 2009 14:58 #22970

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Some sukkas were falling apart, and then all the friends came and helped lift it all back up. Welcome to GYE  :D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Peggy.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 13 Oct 2009 15:02 #22971

• me3
  • Platinum Boarder
True Sturrgle & Guard I missed one.

Thanks.
Last Edit: by Fay.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 13 Oct 2009 15:09 #22975

• bardichev
I COVERED MY SUKKA WITH A"SHLOKK"

TIED BUNGEE CORDS

IRON POLE SO IT STAYS  DOWN!!

WHAT A LESSON

COVER YOURSELF EVEN WITH A SHLOKKK!!
Last Edit: by anonymous2019.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 12 Nov 2009 20:42 #28039

• me3
  • Platinum Boarder
So I actually managed to find my own thread, excuse me while I get rid of the dust and open some windows here.

Today I hit 90 days, now just like that poof! I have no more desire to look at inappropriate sites. Amazing!

OK fine maybe not.

So what did I accomplish?

The internet hit me hard, when I left yeshiva and went to work, and was exposed to high speed internet, it was a disaster.

Not at first, but as I became bored with my job and needed something to amuse myself, I fell in hard.

I've wasted countless hours destroying my soul.

I promised to myself I would improve.
I made nedarim.
I stopped going online except for 1 or 2 sites.
I tried everything

And nothing helped. Sure I stopped, like a smoker quits a thousand times.
Could be I stopped for 90 days in the past (I never counted).

So what's different now?

Maybe nothing.
Maybe something.
Story is still in progress.

What I've done is

1. Installed k9 and I don't have the password (wish I had something for my phone).
2. I've found a solution for boredom, it's called GYE. Not only does it keep me busy and give me chizuk it allows me
an opportunity to rectify some of my wrongdoings by helping  others who are struggling.

And finally it allows me an avenue to write poems and to reallly communicate my deepest emotions and to gush forth....Oh wait, nevermind, that wasn't me.
Last Edit: 12 Nov 2009 21:03 by Avroum93.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 12 Nov 2009 20:47 #28041

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok! I will forgive you for sandwiching in the some seriousness as long as the top and bottom made me "roll".
Last Edit: by Avroum93.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 12 Nov 2009 21:33 #28046

• bardichev
ME3333333333333333
http://www.beveragewarehouse.com/images/products/2350.jpg

MAZEL TOV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOWWWWWW AREAL SIMCHA LETS DANCE AND DRINK

KEEP YOU GOOD CHEER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: by Yesod6.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 12 Nov 2009 21:35 #28049

• me3
  • Platinum Boarder
And to you Reb B was the bris today?
Last Edit: by Mynamesjeff.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 12 Nov 2009 21:40 #28052

• bardichev
THE BRIS WAS THIS WEEK I CANT SAY WHICH DAY  I NEED MY ANON, IF I WANT TO BE ABLE TO MARRY HIM OFF

VUSSS?? DEE TATTEH IZ AMOOL GEVEYN A CHAZZIRISHE ADDIKT??FOOOYYYY!!

HAHAHAHA
Last Edit: by benja.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 15 Nov 2009 00:29 #28330

• Noorah BAmram
  • Current streak: 3710 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Tightest virtual Hugs of Holiness to a hero Warrior Me3.

May the Almighty continue to carry u up the ladder going to Beis Keil!!!

I loved your 90 post, especially the beautiful  words on somaich noflim.

Chazak Chazak Achi!!!

With Fiery Love

Noorah
[b]כי שבע יפול צדיק וקם[/b] 
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita
Last Edit: by Slimhirsh.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 23 Nov 2009 16:11 #30079

• me3
  • Platinum Boarder
There were a couple of posts recently that were as gut wrenching
as they were provocative.

They had me thinking about parents and children.

1. The ability to procreate has everything to do virility of a male and fertility of a female.
It does not magically grant either of the two parties involved special insight into human nature
or the ability and knowledge to raise children. To raise children one needs to be involved in their lives,
a lot of prayer, a lot of luck? more prayer, more involvement, patience, more patience, etc.

2. How many people on this site ( And not yet on this site, but should be on this site) were raised
religious instilled ostensibly with religious values, keep shabbos, kosher, daven 3 times a day, learn, etc.
And still are closet addicts. Did my (yours/ours) parents fail? Did they fail to instill in me some core key
ideas that I could have utilized in fighting my yetzar hara, something that would have prevented me
from ever falling? Or was I predisposed to this despite their best intentions and the fact that I'm posting
here and battling my yetzar a measure of their success.

3. What can I do better to raise my own children to keep them pure, religious and happy?
Last Edit: by בדרך שאדם רוצה ללך מוליכין אותו.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 20 Jan 2010 15:07 #47219

• me3
  • Platinum Boarder
Since you decided to lock Uri's thread, I had to dig out mine.  With all due respect Uri does seem to have taken down his blog.  Try clicking on the older posts that are not on the first page of the blog.  While we do understand that a lot of decisions are made for the best of the members here, we can't help but be concerned about him.

(SB, yes I do have a thread  )
Last Edit: by .

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 20 Jan 2010 15:26 #47231

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Me3 wrote on 20 Jan 2010 15:07:

Since you decided to lock Uri's thread, I had to dig out mine.  With all due respect Uri does seem to have taken down his blog.  Try clicking on the older posts that are not on the first page of the blog.  While we do understand that a lot of decisions are made for the best of the members here, we can't help but be concerned about him.

(SB, yes I do have a thread  )

I just went to his blog, and saw posts as early as December 21, 2009, and as recent as January 15, 2010.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 20 Jan 2010 15:34 #47233

• me3
  • Platinum Boarder
Blog has been removed
Sorry, the blog at urisjournal.blogspot.com has been removed. This address is not available for new blogs.

Did you expect to see your blog here? See: 'I can't find my blog on the Web, where is it?'
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes