Welcome, Guest

Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here).
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 9025 Views

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 01 Sep 2009 22:42 #15272

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yep!  Uri

BTW you leave yeshiva, you are going to have some pretty angry siblings hunting you down and with the rampant lunacy around, I would be concerned if I were you.

Just looking out for you 
Last Edit: by boll6214.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 02 Sep 2009 07:07 #15301

• Uri
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
thanks me3
id like to see someone try
Last Edit: by Hashem Help Me.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 02 Sep 2009 17:37 #15406

• me3
  • Platinum Boarder
Just an observation, nothing new, nothing that hasn't been said here countless times but I think worth repeating.

There are 2 aspects to our fight, or really any fight against the Y'H.

1. The battle not to fall.

2. The battle not to fall in to depression because we fell.

The second battle I feel is the more important one, because that stops us from picking ourselves up after a fall. However, I believe that a big part of winning the 2nd battle is just recognizing it for what it is. We read about certain members feeliing hopeless, suicidal, unable even to put on tefillin after falling, etc...  This my friends is plain old depression rearing its ugly head, nothing more and nothing less.  This needs to be addressed before you can get back on track with battling fight #1.

Now a side thought, there are some incredibly talanted people posting here, Uri's song writing (and singing) abilities and Habib's poems writing skills and the others, are really really impressive.

Me3
Last Edit: by helpeli.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 03 Sep 2009 00:02 #15497

• Noorah BAmram
  • Current streak: 3710 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Very well said dearest chaver! The holy seforim write (Nesivos Shalom?) That it is the second battle  that the YH really wants to win!
the fall is just incidental to his ultimate and main goal which is  the depression that follows the "fall".

The Germans ym"s had a saying "the mut farloiren is alles faroiren" when the mood is lost all is lost

Get up! Get up! Get up!  Shtaiy shoin oif!!! - a little Lipa for the oilem
[b]כי שבע יפול צדיק וקם[/b] 
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita
Last Edit: by yaakov1400.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 07 Sep 2009 16:08 #16286

• me3
  • Platinum Boarder
Just hit me, maybe I'm slow, but 90 (as in 90 days) is "Tzadik"
Last Edit: by do_tshuva.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 08 Sep 2009 14:03 #16555

• me3
  • Platinum Boarder
For several years I've come before the Ribono Shel Olam before Rosh Hashana with one kabalah.

"Ribono Shel Olam, this year I plan on being better with my Shmiras Anayim.
Both in the street & on the computer.
No Internet surfing
No image searches
No blog searches
No inappropriate blog reading
etc...

And Ribono Shel Olam although You and I know that I made this kabalah last year and I have nothing to show for it. And I am not worthy of your mercy or of being kept alive this year, it was not because I wanted to go against Your will, it's because of this terrible addiction that plagues me. So Ribono Shel Olam, please forgive me for my aveiros of last year, grant me another year of life and give me the strength to do Your will this year."

This year I willl be making almost the same kabalah and much of the same statements, with one important difference.

Ribono Shel Olam, this past year ...

I WAS BETTER!
I MADE IMPROVEMENTS!
I GUARDED MY EYES! 

Now You and I know that I was far from perfect, and have worlds to improve in this area, but please grant me a new year of life and allow me to continue to grow and improve.

me3

Last Edit: by cleantilljanah.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 08 Sep 2009 14:27 #16566

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Sounds like you have something to bring to the Tish!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by bego.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 08 Sep 2009 21:40 #16735

• bardichev
TISH WHO SAID TISH????

OY YOY  ITS ONLY TUESDAY OY YOY
Last Edit: by tecici.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 17 Sep 2009 22:54 #18876

• me3
  • Platinum Boarder
Need somewhere to post and somthing to write for my 100 post.

K'siva ViChasima Tov & A Gut G'Bencht Yur to all!

I ask mechilla if I offended anybody.

Wishing you all a year of health, happiness, shalom bayis/ zivugim, nachas from your children/ children for those who don't have.

Umaaleh Hashem M'shaalos Libcha L'Tova

And of course a year of kedusha V'Thara.

and last of all

Thank you Guard I owe you a debt that I can never repay

Gut Yom Tov.
Last Edit: by Artemus.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 18 Sep 2009 01:58 #18879

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Just to go back a few posts ago regarding the two Y"H the one before the sin telling us to do it & the second one after the sin telling us that we are losers.

Someone has mentiond on GYE I think its Reb B. That "V'Hoseir Soton Milfoneini U'Meiachreini" means just that.

I wish you all a Guarded Year & all the brachos will automaticly follow
Last Edit: by Little Birdy.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 18 Sep 2009 14:40 #18973

• me3
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you Efshar

I will Bli neder keep that in mind during davening.
Last Edit: by FortheloveofTorah.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 29 Sep 2009 15:19 #20822

• me3
  • Platinum Boarder
So I struggled a little during selichos with reconciling my attempts to keep in a positive frame of mind and saying selichos with emotion about how bad I've been. Everybody here was helpful in me getting past that. Thank you.

Rosh Hashana was good, I focused on being Mamlich Hashem as one should.

I wasn't sure where I was going regarding Yom Kippur. I had plenty to ask forgiveness on, however I was also going in with a 45 day streak behind me B'H.  I always try to bring myself to tears as one should, but really I was feeling that I had already put into place the things that I planned on working on this year.

So I began davening, went through Kol Nidrei, started Maariv and I reached the words in Shemona Esrai of Somaych Noflim "He supports those who fall"

And I thought of falls.
And I thought of GYE.
And the feelings that come with a fall.

The darkness
The despair
The depression
The blackness
The guilt
The numbness.

And then I thought of Hashem Who is Somaych Noflim.
Who lifts us up after a fall,
Puts us back on the right path.
Gives us the strength to continue.

And I started crying.

Last Edit: by onGuard613.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 29 Sep 2009 15:48 #20830

• bardichev
So I began davening, went through Kol Nidrei, started Maariv and I reached the words in Shemona Esrai of Somaych Noflim "He supports those who fall"

And I thought of falls.
And I thought of GYE.

the same machshava crossed my mind

but I think it was by mincha

B
Last Edit: by .

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 29 Sep 2009 16:03 #20836

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Me3 wrote on 29 Sep 2009 15:19:

And I thought of GYE.
And the feelings that come with a fall.

The darkness
The despair
The depression
The blackness
The guilt
The numbness.

And then I thought of Hashem Who is Somaych Noflim.
Who lifts us up after a fall,
Puts us back on the right path.
Gives us the strength to continue.

And I started crying.

Beautiful!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by Trip77.

Re: Me3's giving it a shot (For the unpteenth time but 1st time here). 30 Sep 2009 03:24 #20958

• habib613
never posted here before, but i had to comment

someich noflim!!!!
i never thought of that. not once.
but now i'm pretty sure it's going to add a lot to my tefilos.
thanks me3
Last Edit: by Radtimber777.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes