Welcome, Guest

Comment Thread for The Story Teller (New)
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: Comment Thread for The Story Teller (New) 7953 Views

Re: Comment Thread for The Story Teller (New) 29 Sep 2022 01:42 #386067

• growup
  • Gold Boarder
Grant400 wrote on 30 Aug 2022 20:50:
Hey guys!

Thank you for your interest!

So let me explain. There are a few reasons why I have been procrastinating over the past year or so.

I've been super busy due to a big change in my life and really do not have alot of time, but there are other reasons as well.

As has just been mentioned, and has been discussed a few times in the past as well, the story has seemed to trigger quite a number of people. Although I have gone back to edit the more graphic parts, ultimately the entire flow has been exciting people the wrong way.This has been a tremendous point of concern for me. It is being counter productive to what we are attempting to achieve on this site. It has even led me to wanting (and may still) to delete the chapters already posted. I know the moderators have approved the story, but that doesn't fully remove my concern. I'm very scared of the responsibility I'm accepting upon myself.

I know that many of you feel the pros outweigh the cons, nevertheless I fear causing even a small portion of people to start dreaming about this story every couple meal...(I know many of us may already be, regardless of the story unfortunately lol)

Additionally, I'm trying to live my own story to a point where my writing can reflect true emotions and how I feel to complete the final portion. BH it's been mostly heading in the right direction.

I still plan on finishing one day, although the part that's already been posted is the most important and influential.

Grant

I love being right - albeit anonymously. I think the story has a lot of potential and a lot of lessons can be learned - but as grant put it - the excitement is not coming from the holiest of places...  

Re: Comment Thread for The Story Teller (New) 26 Apr 2023 13:40 #395011

• iwillmanage
  • Current streak: 30 days
  • Expert Boarder
Reb Grant!

guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/394896-Learn-from-others-mistakes#394896  Painfully sad.

If you don't tell the story others will tell it for you! But we all prefer to learn our lessons from fiction stories then from true ones.
Still waiting for a sad ending to your story and a happy one from our friend here.(Even better if you could give us a happy ending with Moe's recovery.. but tofasto merubo...)
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes